Bramblepoint remembrance
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
bramblepoint
7/4, evening
70°, clear skies

Garahel missed Elvhenan. That’s a confession they’d never say allowed. There’s no reason for them to get homesick after all, no good one anyway. To live as an Elvhenan soldier is to live in agony. Yet after all the suffering they’ve gone through, they still miss the island.

It’s the small moments they yearned for. The pleasant memories. Chatting with fellow soldiers. Fishing in the river that ran through the island. Getting moments alone on the shore. Reminiscing on those things put a smile on their face, but none of them could compare to their memories involving Amadis. They made him the happiest. Amadis made him the happiest. That is why they wouldn’t give up this search. 

This will get easier, they thought a couple weeks into the quest. These foreign lands proved difficult to traverse through, but in time they’d get used to it. Surely. A couple more weeks pass, and Garahel still struggled at every turn. These lands were unpredictable. One moment they’re tip-toeing through grass that sliced their delicate paws, then they’re scaling a mountain in another. Now they were being attacked at all sides by some particularly prickly bushes.

Ow, they hissed for the the hundredth time after being pricked by the hundredth stick. They’ve had quite enough of this for one day. Garahel pushed past the brambles towards a nearby tree. The sun was beginning to set, and they had little chance to sleep. Best rest now and deal with getting out of here in the morning.
18 Posts
Ooc —
The evening air was filled with the scent of yet another stranger. A loner by its smell, they lacked any scent of an alpha or superior rank to that of themself. Apisi was wary and decided to tip his head back and send out a howl to make himself known. Weaving through the never-ending woodlands, he came upon the immediate area of this new wolf. 

Staying in the shadows, for the time being. Apisi saw that this wolf was quite small although his build was better than expected for a lone wolf of his size. He knew that if this wolf wanted a fight, he could easily deal with a lot of damage but decided against it; the passive route usually worked. Apisi needed more allies after all. 

"Are you lost?" Apisi called out from the shadows, carefully tiptoeing around to remain unseen. 
Just here to have fun. 
PM for one on one roleplays and always let me know if I can do something better. :)
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A sigh passed through their lips as they stared at the divot between the roots. It was not the most comfortable looking resting spot, nor the safest. It’s so exposed, and the whites of their coat stood out like a sore thumb against the viridescent vegetation. Any passerby would spot them, so long as their eyesight was decent.

Garahel leaned against the trunk and slowly sunk down to their knees. They’d rest here, despite the risk. There’s no better choice after all, lest they cut themselves upon more brambles in search of a better spot. Sleeping here wouldn’t be too bad as long as they kept their heavy lids open. That proved to be a challenge. As soon as they shifted into a comfortable position, they began to doze off. The only thing that prevented them from slipping into a deep sleep was a nearby howl. Garahel didn’t know whether to be thankful or wary of it.

They shot up from the spot and went on alert: eyes sharp, nose twitched, ears rotated like satellites. They breathed in a stranger’s scent. It grew ever more stronger as each moment passed, and soon it was accompanied by footfall. Should they run? These steps were soft and non threatening. There’s no reason to flee, not now anyways. And should this stranger greet them with hostility, they were confident in their skill to defend themselves.

Finally he spoke, and Garahel’s eyes shifted around to find the source of the noise. They saw nothing. Too many brambles and trees in the way, and it was getting darker by the minute. The absence of a face put them on edge, but they did not move yet. If they ran now they could be ambushed at any side, so they’d stand their ground until they could spot him.

Not exactly, they replied cautiously. Can’t be lost if there’s no clear destination. The tip of their tail twitched ever so slightly. Am I intruding?
18 Posts
Ooc —
Am I intruding? Something Apisi had never heard come from another wolf's mouth. He had always been the source of intrusion, never the other way around. Even so, Apisi had no territory of his own to claim just yet. He himself was also just starting to get used to the multitude of land within the Teekon Wilds. 

"Not really, I don't own much of anything besides the pelt I wear." Apisi's voice came out as the calm rumble of distant thunder. His voice was usually deep but in times of strange encounters he often put on a small drawl which caused his voice to deepen evermore. He observed the stranger's movements, they were skittish although trying to stand their ground. 

Considering that Apisi found no threat in the wolf, he breached the line of trees he had been hiding within. Moonlight caused his eyes to glitter deep umber. Apisi kept a calm manner, his tail limp and his posture apathetic. A small sign of warning was the yawn that caused a sea of sharp teeth to reveal themselves in the dying light of the evening. 

Apisi remained a safe distance away, a bit more than lunging distance. The white and red wolf was a curious sight, it must not do much in the poor wolf's favor when it comes to camoflauge. 

"What brings you out here?"
Just here to have fun. 
PM for one on one roleplays and always let me know if I can do something better. :)
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Both what was said and the way in which it was said put Garahel at ease somewhat. His tone was just as steady as his footsteps, and it’s a relief they weren’t about to doze off on someone’s land. They breathed in his scent again to check more thoroughly. The man did not seem to be bluffing. There was no sign of allies in the air.

Then the stranger finally stepped into what little light pooled through the leaves. His size was the first thing they noted. He’d fit right in with Elvhenan’s largest warriors, that of which are few and far between. Garahel was always slightly marveled but their physique, and that same astonishment was present now. There was a bit of wariness to go with that, but the man’s posture helped relieve them, but only a bit. His subtle display of fangs kept them from getting too comfortable. Garahel didn’t know what to think of this man just yet.

Well, I was hoping to get a few hours of rest here. I’ve been traveling for quite some time and it’s starting to tire me out. A bit more information than they wished to share, but it’s too late to take it back now. Though I wish I had chosen a place more, er, comfortable.
18 Posts
Ooc —
Apisi held in a chuckle. The deep forest he and the stranger found themselves in was anything but comfortable. Although there were a few patches that were a bit more comfortable than the rest. Moss and softer grass littering the areas. There was also a small valley that Apisi had passed a couple of hours ago. 

"There's a small valley of grass that's much more comfortable toward the west," Apisi said, stretching out his muscles after the tension had seemed to die down between them, "I can show you the whereabouts but you have to be careful come sun-up, bears tend to prowl the thicker parts of these woods and we seem to have found ourselves in a pretty thick area."

He trotted ahead of the small wolf, catching a whiff of them as he passed. The wolf was slightly younger than him, possibly an outcast? It was interesting to see another loner after the two years Apisi had spent roaming around. 

"Did your pack throw you out?" Apisi asked, nipping the awkward tension that had tried to creep up between them in the bud. He wasn't much for talking but the silence between him and a stranger was a silence Apisi wasn't too fond of. It sent shivers down his spine, causing the hair on his back to raise slightly. He angled his ears to keep track of where the wolf was. If he was going to be ambushed or killed he wanted to have a fair shot to deal some damage himself.  
Just here to have fun. 
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A valley? Thank the gods. They much preferred to sleep on a soft patch of grass than dirt with an armor of twigs. Though the mention of bears put a slight damper on things. Oh bears, they sighed sarcastically. How lovely. Garahel didn’t have the most pleasant opinion with those beasts (what wolf did?) but a quiet valley was too good an opportunity to pass up. Well, I was hoping be out of here by morning anyways. 

Garahel took up the rear as the two made their way towards the valley. They were much more comfortable than they were just a few moments ago. His willingness to aid a complete stranger made them  90% certain he wouldn’t go for their throat.

They were beginning to suspect this trip would be silent, but the man asked another question. They shook their head. Not kicked out, no. I left on my own accord. I’m looking for a friend. They looked up towards the stranger. What about you? Were you kicked out?
18 Posts
Ooc —
Apisi let out a quiet chuckle. The chuckle seemed to boom out into the night air the second it came out of his maw but it softened before fading into the wind as to not alert anyone or anything of the two's presence. Only a few birds were startled into the night air. 

"No, I was abandoned as a pup. I'm new all-around to the Teekon Wilds." He explained, his voice quiet and somber as the terrible memories arose from the depths of his mind. His eyes shifted from the forest floor, to in front of him, to behind him briefly. His ears drew back toward the back of his head and sighed before perking up again. 

"A friend? Well, most pack wolves out here aren't too keen from what I've endured. Beyond their tough exteriors, they can be soft but I'd be wary and approach anyone in a pack with extreme caution." Apisi spoke with a streak of urgency in his voice as he explained the temperament of pack wolves. He didn't know how to advance the conversation any further, his awkwardness wasn't just from his oversized paws but from his lack of social skills. Not having socialized calmly with a wolf for two years he forgot much of the ways of small talk. 
Just here to have fun. 
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
This man hailed from no pack nor family so it seemed. Abandoned as a child, he says. Garahel finds the information quite startling. At what age was he left to fend for himself? They were tempted to ask, but mentions of his past seemed to bring him sorrow. Their inquiries were kept to themselves. That sounds like a troublesome upbringing. Perhaps it rivaled their own. Perhaps. A life of solitude sounded much more peaceful than one in Elvhenan.

Garahel had yet to come across claimed land and by the way the stranger described it they questioned if they even wanted to. Sour residents huh? They’d rather not lose blood to them, but they couldn’t avoid them entirely. They had to ask around if they had any chance of locating Amadis. I’ll be sure to be on alert when I approach.

There was another moment of silence, and Garahel would be the one to break it. You’re a very kind fellow, I must say. Helpful too. I’m surprised anyone would be hostile towards you. Unless he always concealed himself during first meetings of course, but they doubted he’d do something like that. Maybe this was some strange special occasion. Might I ask for your name?
18 Posts
Ooc —
Apisi hesitated to answer when the stranger had asked for his name but he had already contributed too much to the conversation to back out now. 

"Apisi. It was the last thing my mother gave me." He referred to his name as if it was a present in the hands of a greedy child, clutching it close to him. It was the only means of feeling less alone in the great wilderness that stretched on for miles. But he had managed to finally converse with another person without the shedding of blood. Slowing his pace, he stopped before the small valley. Tallgrass and wildflowers grew in abundance, crickets chirping in their nightly symphony; the natural lullaby. 

"Here it is....I guess I should be going now. I don't know what else I can offer you, stranger." Apisi said this, his tone saddening subtly. The warmth that filled his chest with the small interaction was being ripped away so soon. Maybe the wolf would have other plans for him. Apisi stood still, awaiting the wolf to take his refuge in the grass. It was selfish of him to wish for the stranger to ask for his company.
Just here to have fun. 
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
There was slight hesitation that followed their request, but the man eventually gave in. Apisi, he called himself. The name was repeated a few times. Fast, slower, than faster again. Surely they’d have to use it again someday. They could only hope.

I am Garahel Fen’harel.—and they couldn’t help but add—Soldier of Elvhen. It was a habit.

Soon the trees parted, and softer grass bled into a meadow. Much more comfortable than their previous option.

Ah yes, I wouldn’t want to keep you from anything. Garahel turned to Apisi and smiled once more. Thank you mate, I appreciate your aid. Then added with a twinge of hope in their tone, I’ll be heading north of here come daybreak. Perhaps we will run into eachother again?
18 Posts
Ooc —
A solider, well, ex-soldier considering he wasn't with his pack anymore. Apisi sucked in a nervous breath, he knew he was going to have to be the one to say something to break the tension. "North, huh? Well, I could use a travelling partner if you'd like to team up. We could make a small...pack of our own I suppose you could say. A ragtag team." Apisi internally cringed at the words that had just exited his mouth but it was too late to take them back. 

It was an invitation, a sloppy one at that. But maybe this wolf, Garahel, was what Apisi needed in order to start feeling at home. A start to a possible friendship that could bud and bloom throughout the next stages of Apisi's lonesome life. The great gods above knew that Apisi needed someone, an ally or more, but someone. He lowered his head to the ground, studying his feet in the near pitch black. 

Out of habit he nervously flicked his tail back and forth, skimming the grass beneath him. A silent enemy, he attacked with his tail, the grass his foe. The air became thick, his breaths seemed to come in and out at a slower rate as he awaited the response of Garahel. 
Just here to have fun. 
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
A proposal came soon after they finished speaking, an unexpected one. The two had only just met, and the man suggested a partnership of sorts. Aside from them almost being complete strangers, Garahel saw no other reason why this would be a bad idea. Traveling through these strange lands with a companion was better than going alone. And Apisi was well versed with the nomadic life.

Garahel turned their head to the side and hummed thoughtfully before their gaze returned to the larger man. 

That sounds like a great idea, mate. The corners of their mouth tugged up into a smile as they spoke. 

I suppose if we’re gonna be traveling together you should know the details about my mission. The friend I’m looking for is called Amadis. He is small, and his coat is red. Garahel sighed. I have no idea where he’s gone, but I’m determined to find him.
18 Posts
Ooc —
"So you're on a recovery mission for your pack...of sorts," Apisi added, absorbing the information slowly; like an already wet sponge. He nodded, trying to recall if he had seen any small, red-coated wolves in the area but none came to mind. He either would've killed them in a fight or spared them and sent them off running. He took his resting spot near Garahel but not too close as to smother them. "I haven't seen any smaller, red wolves out here on my adventures. But I can track just as well as I can wander, we'll find your little buddy in no time. For now, though, I think we should rest.

Apisi curled himself up, making himself as small as possible so that Garahel didn't feel like they were going to be ambushed. A soldier, even a rouge one, was a loose cannon. He just didn't know exactly how loose this cannon was and didn't want to risk a flaming cannonball in his face. He observed the still slightly shifty wolf, they seemed more troubled than Apisi could learn to know in a single night. Pity pooled into Apisi's eyes, the poor wolf seemed more helpless than he. 
Just here to have fun. 
15 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Mission for the pack? Well it wasn’t exactly that. Was it? I… suppose that’s what it is. Brining the sovereign back to the island would be a great service to its people. Chaos would be put to an end once more. Amadis would bring normalcy back to the kingdom. Some of it at least. Elvhenan hasn’t been normal for awhile now has it? They had a feeling it wouldn’t be the same for a long while, but at least it’d be more peaceful. That’s what Garahel wished for somewhere in his soul, but that wasn’t the main reason they left was it?

Figuring out the reasoning wouldn’t get them any closer to finding him, but maybe Apisi would be. 

Your help is—their voice trailed off into a yawn—…much appreciated. They laughed softly. Look at me. Tired already. They laughed softly as they spun in a few circles. Eventually they found a comfortable position to lay in.