this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
Random Event 

merrick had not forgotten the dark coupling he and his raven had engaged upon the downed stones, but did not trouble himself with its outcome.
moondark tonight, overcast. restless, the bearking roved through the thickets curling on every side of rivenstone.
a heavy stench here; not urine nor blood, but musk. it was not a bear, and the warbitten coywolf prowled along the odd trail.
at its end, moving in a long dark shape through the empty field, was a creature that merrick had not seen before, and as he stared with single eye, the thickfurred neck snapped around, and dagger-fangs showed in a long guttural growl that poured across the flowers.
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
The scent was familiar. Following Merrick from the shadows was a favourite activity of Aventus', where he could observe his sire's day-to-day business in the interest of conducting himself better as a leader. That was what he was doing initially, but the scent was familiar, driving him to break cover.

He remembered the ferocity of that creature, how it had slashed his mother's muzzle and turned snarling jaws upon them even when its fight was hopeless. He recalled keenly the pungent musk of it, how it had tumbled seemingly out of nowhere. Aventus knew how to best a wolverine.

He prowled around Merrick and the beast, prepared to seize it from behind, just the way Astara had when he was younger.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Solaria was too within the vicinity, doing her rounds. 
And then a strange scent, a musky odor...
Vesta trotted quickly to join Merrick and Aventus, visibly confused as to what the fuck this thing was. She'd never seen one before, but it was big and she felt it would prove a problem if it wasn't dealt with soon. Thus, the red-nape joined at Merrick's side with a growl and bared teeth at the wolverine.
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
still aw! ty for joining!

aventus, and then vesta.
they formed a curiously powerful hunting pair; it was their ability to work together that merrick would have liked to see from his eldest pair. he thought eldest now, amused by the fact that soon, he hoped, the raven would bring forth another reflection of their power.
the wolverine was turning. merrick had little time to be impressed with the way that his son had melted from cover before the hot snarling of the beast sounded. aventus, there already; vesta at his side. he saw nothing more to do than gleefully snake forward in support of the bruin-jaw.
i'm going to bring it all back to you
848 Posts
Ooc — Lauren
Guardian
Rogue
late as she ever was, astara came along -- her steps slow as she heard ahead a gathering followed by a throaty snarl. a single glance was enough to tell the story: aventus, vesta and merrick surrounding a would-be meal.

oh, but it was a wolverine -- those hateful, startlingly strong creatures. astara still bore the mark of her last encounter with its kind - three vertical slashes along her gradually lightening muzzle.

aventus was already there, ready -- astara's gaze flickered to him and then to vesta, darkening as she observed the proximity. no mind, no mind -- she came along behind the beast with great fanfare, hoping to distract it while her son made his move.

»» they may promise you that the river ain't too deep. ««
»» player policies ««
6 / 2 THREADS
506 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Tactician
Sorry! I didn't realize it was my turn!

The silent she-wolf with the crimson nape arrived as well, earning only a brief glance from Aventus as she sidled up alongside Merrick. He was too focused on the wolverine's turned back to pay much mind to his packmates. His approach was silent and swing, neck outstretched and jaws parting to snap without a sound at the beast's hindquarters.

His teeth met their mark, but he remembered the way his mother had taken its giant claws to the face. He drew blood and withdrew just as quickly, feeling the swipe of its broad paws against his whisker when it wheeled and came within inches of swatting him. Aventus bared his teeth and backed up, throat rattling at the beast the moment he caught Astara approaching in his periphery.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Solaria analyzed the strange beast, its claws like teeth on paws, of sorts. 

Merrick, his ravenqueen, Aventus. 
As the three surged forth so too did Vesta. She charged forth and aimed to get on top of this wolverine while its back was facing her, and then arced her deadly teeth for the base of the monster's skull. 

Maybe it was a stupid move, but maybe it would also make it easier for her superiors to rip the throat out if she could just yank it back enough to expose the vital area-
this is my book
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
<3!

a flicker of black silk, and his corvid was there, slinking and terrible, body readied and waiting. his son was swift; an attack and then a retreat, and merrick's own flanks worked his figure backward, out of the wolverine's swipe.
vesta! beautiful vesta! merrick glittered with delight as the red-naped woman leapt for the creature, fearless and terrible. it croaked and snarled, attempting to rip away from her, and he surged forward, cutting 'round to snap his teeth across the heavy horrid muzzle full of crushing teeth.