Broken Antler Fen what a catch, what a catch.
529 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Read Only 
Welp, I'm off to the hospital to have a baby in about 15 minutes so it's time for Penn to go! I want to do this better, but oops. I made some assumptions and am doing some vagueness. Any threads he's in with other chars can be closed up. I don't mind any PP anyone wants to use :) LUV U ALL!

Penn had felt numb since he'd learned the news. It had come in handy for a while, for he'd been able to respond with cheer and smiles and all the things one would've expected of a wolf that had learned they were to be a father. He'd promised support in whatever way it was wanted or needed. He'd managed to say and do all the right things, especially to make one promise above all else--that he would do what was best for his children.

He wondered if anyone realized what was actually best for them though.

It wouldn't be hard. He'd made mention to someone he was heading out for a hunt and he'd be back in a couple of days. Leaving the territory for a few days or even a couple weeks at a time was not unusual for the adventurous young Blackthorn. It was an easy excuse, and he knew at the end of the day, it wouldn't be hard for them to make the assumption that something had happened to him along the way. They knew how he was--reckless, foolish, a moron really when it came to his own safety. Would anyone really be surprised if one of his escapades went terribly wrong and he never returned?

Penn thought not. He gave them more smiles and a see you later before setting off into the Wilds. He knew it was a shitty thing to do. Probably the most awful thing he'd ever done to anyone, which was saying quite a lot. He knew he had a track record for being a massive asshole. Any attempts he'd ever made at trying to prove that fact about himself wrong were easily scratched from the record with this one. He'd thought he'd learned to be better after he'd left Fennec like he had at the Copse, but here he was, doing it again. Doing even worse. A father, abandoning the mother of his children and his kids before they were even born. She wouldn't forgive him after this. If she knew. If any of them ever really knew.

But, he had made a promise. He would do what was best for them. And who in their right mind would ever try to claim that having Penn Blackthorn for a dad was really the best thing for a kid?

Penn didn't look back as he disappeared into the plains. There was nothing but a massive storm of guilt and regret back there, trailing in his wake, and he didn't want to see it.