Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Conception 
eyes

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: v fadey and awkward things I'm sure

It was time, and Maia finally felt like she maybe might be ready. Well, kind of? Omg, how did she even approach this....

She was already beet red under her fur when she approached the spot she and Eljay had been sleeping so far, just as the sun was beginning to set. She figured he might have noticed the shift but wasn't sure, and even so, she knew for her own sake she'd have to be the one to say when it was time. She didn't know why she was so nervous about it.

When @Eljay came into view, he'd find her waiting, tail tucked close, weirdly apprehensive.

Umm.... I.... I think I'm ready. She said, looking at him. But I've never really actually... so... yeah? Even just seeing him, she knew that if she wanted anything, she wanted it from him. And she felt that more deeply than ever. But outside of that, she was so out of her depth right now.
Brecheliant
NPC
a hundred mini dreams and a healing scar ♥
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
There was something weird about Maia when she returned to the napping spot. She looked a bit different, a bit awkward? Was something wrong? Eljay got up and he opened his mouth to ask her if she was okay, but then realised that her scent was different, too, and he understood all of a sudden.

Though he had never been one to be extraordinarily drawn to women in heat, the prospect of being with Maia warmed his heart; it would be the start of their family together. He remembered well the only other time he had been with someone, and that was with Wildfire.

His time with her had been awkward. He'd checked in if she was okay a lot, had asked her a lot of questions, and well, he hadn't had much of an idea what he was doing. Now, as Maia stepped towards him and said that she was ready Eljay realised that he couldn't let her know at all how his one only experience wasn't very good. He needed to be the confident one, now. As a father, it seemed like he couldn't simply be weird about this. He needed to show her how it was done.

Don't worry, Eljay said as he approached and he nuzzled Maia's cheek lovingly. You'll do fine. It's very easy, and your instinct will tell you what to do. That was only sort of true, but honestly, if she believed that it would only become more true? Eljay wasn't normally a very good liar, but he had convinced himself of this one so that made him say it like it was true.

It would be so different this time. With Wildfire, he'd been sort of in love with her but he had been with her to protect her from getting pregnant, while with Maia, they were together for a long time now and they had the intentions for this to happen. They had everything prepared. They had permission. They loved each other; not just, but so much.

What could possibly go wrong?
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Through the nerves she could feel it, the draw. It wasn't overwhelming but it was nice, in an awkward way.

She nuzzled Eljay back, leaning against him lightly and letting their space mingle. It was already super natural to be here, like this, so the rest could only be wonderful. And if... if she couldn't, yknow, have kids... they could worry about that later.

His confidence was catching and she let it steady her. I can't worry too much, not with you, she answered, smiling. There was just the one problem of not really knowing where to start, but even if they had to walk through it together, that'd be okay.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay was glad to see that his faux confidence was making Maia a little more sure of herself. She seemed less worried now, and Eljay smiled. He had no idea of the worries that she had — about being possibly unable to — though if he did he would've easily swiped them off the table. Having children with Maia meant a lot to him, but if it wasn't to be then he would still not trade his life with Maia for anything else. It wouldn't be the same if it was without her there.

The most important thing is to relax, and stop if anything hurts, Eljay said softly, wanting to make sure that Maia wouldn't push herself into anything that wasn't comfortable for her. He didn't entirely realise that for a lot of wolves, it was supposed to feel good, because he didn't really get that pleasure out of it himself and saw it more as a tool that was needed for having children. But he did know it was not supposed to be uncomfortable, at least.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
Their fur mingled as she stood close and that helped, even more, to calm her down. She lifted her muzzle to his and gave a small kiss, then rested her shoulder to his.

She trusted him not to hurt her, but she smiled when he told her to relax. Now that she wasn't so nervous, she could feel instinct beginning to take hold and nudge her.

I trust you. She said softly.
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay smiled as Maia said that she trusted him. He would still check in with her of course, because he didn't want to make her uncomfortable in any way. It was a little strange for him to have to take the lead in this in some way, since last time Wildfire had been very eager to, well, make him hers. The touch of her shoulder made Eljay's stomach feel fuzzy — but good fuzzy — and he softly bumped his head against hers.

Do uh... Do you want to..? Now? Eljay asked, a little awkwardly, because he wasn't sure how else to say. He just wanted to be absolutely sure that she wanted it, too.
Brecheliant
Auspex*
1,514 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Storyteller
Ambassador
This wasn't at all how she'd imagined it but she wouldn't change that for anything. Somehow she'd always figured she'd be confident and eager for it, but instead she felt comfortable and simply ready. It wasn't because it was Eljay, just... despite a long string of crushes, and a heavy attraction to a lot of faces, this wasn't something she spent a lot of time thinking about.

Yeah. Just... let me know if I should do anything, okay? She smiled at him, still nervous, but not in a bad way this time. The butterflies were nice. She would let him lead, positioning herself where it felt the most right, and hope against hope she did okay. Though after a bit she'd likely, finally, stop worrying so much about that.

Feel free to fade if you like! We can either pick up after or have another thread <3
Brecheliant
NPC
2,109 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Medic
Master Midwife
Master Sitter
Eljay nodded when Maia said that he should tell her if she needed to do anything in particular. He wasn't much more experienced than she, so he wasn't too sure he would have many great advices for her anyway. It was mostly just about checking in if the other was still doing okay, and for the rest just kinda letting your body figure it out. He nuzzled Maia's cheek one last time. Eljay ruefully thought to himself about why kerflompling could not be done face to face as it seemed so impersonal this way, while he started to trail down to Maia's tail.

[birds & bees ensue]

feel free to archive it! we can continue it if you want to play out any aftermath, but for me it's also ok to just have a newer thread after <3