Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,928 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 
It didn't particularly surprise her when Towhee approached her this morning and asked her if she could resume her search. Meerkat wished she could stay home with her mother and siblings, yet she also wanted to find their missing loved ones. She accepted the task and headed out promptly, though not before taking the time to kiss each fuzzy forehead and stop by Marten's grave.

She headed north this time, toward the great lake glittering in the distance. With every step away from her little brother and sisters, she reminded herself: if she missed them for a few days at a time, how much must their Phother and Neema miss them? Of course, they'd never met them, just like no one at the caldera had ever met the Regents' children, wherever they might be.

Meerkat certainly missed them terribly, including the younger siblings she didn't know. She was bound and determined to find them this time. Perhaps she wouldn't go home until she did. That might mean staying away for weeks and missing out on so much of Caracal's and the twins' development. But maybe that would drive her all the harder to locate Phox, his mate and their children.

She soon reached the lake shore and paused to survey the area. She saw no sign of anyone, though her voice would reach much further than her eyes. Meerkat tipped back her head and howled to her co-parents, silently pleading for someone to answer her call.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
He discusses the trip briefly with @Rowan, framing it as more of a recruitment trip than anything. He can't bring himself to tell his friend of the dream he'd had; he can't tell anyone. But he mentions checking on his sister, so he isn't lying. At least, that's what he tells himself as he departs Blackfeather Woods once again, avoiding @Taikon on the way out. Whatever the outcome of their conversation, Zephyr can't imagine inviting him along now. Not after what had been said.
The first leg of his journey is fairly quiet — at least, until a call draws him toward the massive lake not far from his Woods. Unfamiliar, but something about it beckons to him anyway; perhaps the reminder of how he'd met Phillip. He follows the sound until he spots the pale figure at the lakeside, a tan-cloaked wolf who immediately strikes him as incredibly average. Who are you looking for? He asks as he approaches, assuming because he hadn't smelled anyone else nearby. Maybe I've seen them.
common || « french »
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,928 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
No answer came. Swallowing her disappointment, Meerkat began to plod along the shoreline. She didn't get very far when a figure materialized in the distance, heading this way. Her heart leaped into her throat at first glance, though she quickly realized it was nobody she knew. Nonetheless, she paused and waited for the stranger, a she-wolf by scent, to catch up to her.

Evidently she'd overhead Meerkat's call and wanted to help. The unexpectedly kind offer made her perk up despite how crestfallen she'd felt a moment ago. "I'm looking for my father and his mate. His name's Phox and he's black with brownish orange eyes. Her name's Niamh and she has golden fur and eyes." Her heart began thumping in her chest, wondering and hoping some of this sounded familiar to the stranger.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
The descriptions are unfamiliar, but intriguing to him — particularly the relations the girl mentions. At this point in his life, he knows enough not to pry. He shakes his head slightly, trying his best to look sympathetic, if only because he feels bad for the plain girl and her spark of hope. I haven't seen anyone like that, sorry, He says, and almost leaves it at that. But then a thought strikes him. But I'm about to head pretty far east, to visit my sister. If you're going that way, I wouldn't mind company. I could help you search. But who just trusts a stranger like that? Otherwise I'll keep an eye out for them. I'm Zephyr, by the way.
common || « french »
Sun Mote Copse
Lady*
1,928 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Her heart sank, her hopes dashed. Before Meerkat could so much as feel the sting of disappointment, the stranger surprised her with an offer, then an introduction. It was quite unexpected, though the yearling could see no reason to turn her down. East was as good a direction as any.

"Nice to meet you, Zephyr. I'm Meerkat," she replied with a slow wave of her tail. "I'd like that. Who's your sister and where does she live?" she wondered even as she picked up her feet and began moving.