Blackfeather Woods The Silence
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
All Welcome 
AW!

This afternoon, the Seer sat in the grove with the sacred willow. 
Eldritch stared almost entirely unblinking as her thoughts came and went, while she was listening for the Daedra. At her paws sat the skull of a coyote she had found, a skeleton somewhere past the woods. 

It wasn't a wolf skull, but would do all the same for what she wanted it for. 
Divination. 
Eldritch turned her gaze downward to the skull, a paw resting almost lovingly on the bone as she began to mutter, swirling her paw over the coyote skull as if enchanting it. 

"Daedra, hear me, bless this skull, so I may see the unseen, and tell of things past, present future. In the Night Mother's name I consecrate the teeth of this fallen beast, so I may use them for these purposes." 

From there, she began to pull the teeth out of the skull, with effort, mind you, and proceeding to drop them onto a rabbit pelt that she would later take to her den for storage until they were needed.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
Even though their induction into Rowan's ranks -- and Eldritch's subsequent promotion -- had placed some small measure of distance between the dark sisters, Aerenys could still often be found in the hellhound's vicinity. If she was not wandering the Woods and serving her own purposes, much of Caplata's free time was spent trailing after her night-sister -- hovering, though less like a fretful mother hen and more as a fly on the wall. A vigilant shadow that was never far from the Nightwish. 

Today was no different. As Eldritch spoke of their gods, Aerenys watched from the underbrush -- ears swiveling towards the night-pelted starling who had come to hold a measure of the Mambo's heart. After a time, she melted from the darkness of the trees to stand before her friend -- unconcerned that she would frighten the other girl with her sudden appearance. Aerenys knew well they were the most frightening things in these woods, at least the only ones who had corporeal form. The gods could be terrifying as they were cruel but they had no physical form that Mati had ever heard tale of.

"What're ya doin, hmm?" Aerenys purled softly, wild jewels of blue and purple alight with wonder. 
"you said she's scared of me?"

"but maybe it's because I'm wearing your c o l o g n e."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch was startled by very few things, so indeed, when Mati appeared after El had blessed her tools, the Nightwish looked up calmly, yet there was a fondness in her gaze that made her white-silver eyes almost sparkle like fairy dust. 

"Consecrating these coyote teeth, for divination purposes." She responded with hushed excitement. 
Though her gaze saddened some as she admitted; "I haven't done divinations through teeth before..." Though her unfinished statement was But I think it will work...

Eldritch stood then, stepping toward Aerenys and moving to embrace her Night-Kin in a sort of hug should the gesture be accepted. If not, she'd back off with quiet acceptance.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
The dragoness readily accepted the embrace her friend offered, brushing her dark muzzle against El's and nuzzling at one inky aud affectionately. She hmmed softly in fascination, mismatched eyes alight with curiosity as her night-sister explained. "Would ya teach me? I've never had my fortune read, no," the practitioner murmured as she took a single step closer to examine the teeth though she dared not to touch the other witchling's tools.  

Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
I suck at keeping up with threads ugh I'm sorry (◞‸◟ㆀ) Also, the explanation for divination used here is a version of my personal beliefs! No insult or offense is intended to those who use bones IRL to do divination <3

Eldritch was visibly both pleased and surprised to see her fellow witch interested in the art of divination. 
At the inquiry to be taught, the Seer for once grew borderline bashful. 

"I haven't practiced with any tools in a long time. But, from what my mother showed me before she died, most of the magik is by intuition, a gut feeling, a sixth sense. Images seem to help direct the flow of that sense, and thus one's stories can be revealed. However, the future isn't set in stone. Therefore the fates of individuals may change due to their actions." The Witchling explained readily, almost if not excited about being able to share her tidbits of knowledge.
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
The shadow listened with rapt fascination, mismatched gaze flickering from the teeth to El and back again -- noting that the other seemed a tad bit shy. The Dark Sister chalked it up to remaining vestiges of the hellhound's uncertainty, recalling how her once-acolyte had been when they first met. The corvid had grown quite a bit since then, as a person and a witch -- leader of the tiny pack they had come to call home. She had faith the darkling would find her stride as a teacher rather than a pupil soon enough. 

"What do da 
bones mean? How does one read dem?" she questioned further after Eldritch had explained how the bones were chosen and how their readings might not be set in stone.

Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Aerenys' questions were indeed good ones. Thinking a moment, the Seer hmmed...

"The big teeth, to me, usually mean events of great impact or importance. Small teeth are matters that could be considered mundane. The fangs, I interpret to mean conflict. That aside, it's an intuitive feeling." She smiled softly, brushing over the teeth with a feathery gentleness.
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
sorry for the wait on this

"How does one cast da teeth, hmm?" the black pearl hummed next, assuming there must be some way to move the stones around in order to randomize the next reading that was performed. Did one simply nudge them around until satisfied that they were well stirred or was there some other method used by diviners?

Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Eldritch shrugged softly to the question asked.

"For me, I try to shake them around a bit in the rabbit pelt, and then lightly 'toss' them on a flat surface to cast."
As close as a wolf might possibly get to casting runes in real life, honestly.

With that said, the Seer tilted her head to one side slightly, glancing in the direction of the sacred willow. That sick tree, with its hallucinogenic effects...

What would come of it, one day? Eldritch wondered quietly about what they would do, if the willow were to be destroyed somehow.
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
I think there's 3 posts a piece here for their trades so we can try and wrap up soon if you'd like? Or alternatively, I'd be down to thread out a reading for Mati! (feel free to pp/divine the events coming in the near future and such since Aerenys will be leaving Teekon soon.)

"Wouldja feel fine wid readin' my future from yer teeths?" Mati inquired with an excited gleam to her mismatched gaze of sapphire and violet. Eldritch seemed a little shy about the practice so perhaps there was some custom that made Mambo's curiosity offensive -- inappropriate even. The last thing she wanted was to make the ebony she-wolf uncomfortable, even if she was dying to know more. "If not, dat's okay, chere. We could always do somet'ing else, yeah."

Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
I'm down to wrap up here with your next post if you'd like :3 gives Aerenys one less thread to respond to before she's shelved <3

Surprise briefed El's features for a moment as Aerenys asked for a reading. Though the option to decline was presented as well, which made her feel a little better. 

Smiling, Eldritch nodded once and gathered the teeth, secluding them in the rabbit pelt to bounce them with a couple bobs of her head, before letting it plop open on the altar and scatter the teeth across. 

A big molar tooth landed, splitting in two as it hit the stone. Though realistically the tooth likely already had a crack and/or was decaying when the coyote died, to Eldritch, this was foretelling an event that would likely rock them both to the very soul. And indeed it would, when the Woods would eventually catch fire in a storm and separate them from each other, likely forever. 

The Seer's stomach knotted, and quietly she turned away, white gaze zoning out on the forest floor.
73 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Away
The she-panther watched in silent anticipation, the air sparking with some unseen magick — or maybe it was visible only to Mati, tiny golden flecks swirling on the edges of her peripherals not unlike a vortex of dust dancing in a sunbeam as Eldritch’s teeth clattered musically upon the ground. They pinged off of small pieces of gravel scattered amongst the dirt like pinballs, one large molar cracking with a sharp sound. 

The two halves of the tooth were sent spiraling with surprising velocity, landing far from their respective twin with other teeth and woodland debris scattered across the space between their new resting spots.

Aerenys glanced to her former mentee then, the words she’d shaped to ask what it all meant dying on her tongue once she took in the hellhound’s expression. She rose to her paws, closing the distance between them easily to tip her muzzle beneath El’s chin and raise it just a fraction — a comforting gesture.

”Don’ think too much on it. Dings will work demselves out as always, yah?” With an encouraging smile, she moved to help her leader gather up the teeth — the dark duo leaving the split tooth and its omens behind in the dark of the Woods.