Boartusk Heights i stood out in the night,
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
All Welcome 
Tag for @Nyra but anyone welcome! :D

He was a thick man and it was no easy feat to drag himself through the slopes and plateaus that made up the heights, but he enjoyed every second. His muscles cherish the challenge as did his mind. He felt like a child again forced to struggle and learn as he did it. It was all worth it when he reached a resting point.

From here, he could see the whole hinterlands. Granted the mountains to his side blocked his view of what was beyond them. The overcast sky meant the clouds hung a bit low and he felt as though he was close to touching them. Neck craned back so his head tilted up. Scarred face wrinkled in delight as one raindrop smacked him on the forehead.

Soon rain would slicken the land and travel through here would be dangerous. He had feverish hopes of beating that, though.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
my hand is numb lol

Today, though she shouldn't be out this far while pregnant, the Queen was out patrolling the Heights, one of the places least traveled due to the treacherous, jagged slopes. 

Looking up at the sky, she saw the rain clouds and signed softly, turning her head just in time to see the male that unknowingly joined her on the peaks. 
Tail high, she began to approach, face calm save for her piercing golden eyes. 

What was he doing up here? So close to a pack as large as hers?
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
He spotted her, large and pale as she was, she was hard to miss.

In fact...she seemed extra large. Around her waist mainly.

Pregnant.

She smelled of others but he could not pick any sort of distinct scent. No sign that a mate might be nearby ready to shove him off a ledge. Although the way she approached with a high tail, he wondered if she might be the one to push him off that ledge.

So he barked at her, deep and loud. Squared some as he stood his ground hesitantly.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
To his loud bark, she let out an even louder one, baring her teeth with a thundersome growl, ears pulled forward in a display of dominance. 
Being pregnant, she was extra territorial and he was damn lucky she hadn't attacked him first and asked questions later. 

This was his chance to back down and she made it clear. If he didn't take it, Nyra was itching to shear flesh anyway.
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
He was young and foolish. Something shown in the way scars marred his face. Left side swiped over with a poor-vision eye to boot.

The smart thing would have been to back down, to have turned and left it all behind. She was pregnant, she smelled of others and they were on rainy rocks. There were many reasons to not be stupid. Not nearly as many reasons to be stupid.

Still he remained standing, fur fluffed slightly for all of this. The only good thing he did was remain silent. Not yet inclined to make another move before he knew just how serious the pregnant woman really was.

He's an idiot. I'm sorry. :x
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
rolled an 8 lol

Collision
Nyra aimed to slam into the brute with a roar, her fangs seeking directly for his face.
Maybe if she gave him some new perma-scars, he'd learn a thing or two about not being a disrespectful dumbfuck. 

Slippery as the stones would get, she wanted to prove her point loud and clear and now. 
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Only rolled a 3 :weary: He's also using it more as...a defense rather than an attack? Send me a message if you'd like changes! :D

She came right for his face.

It was rude and disrespectful. So much of him could have absorbed a hit, he would have been willing to take it if elsewhere, but she had to go for somewhere he already had damage. He attempted to be defensive, turn his face away so that she would get a shoulder or scruff instead, if at all possible.

His tail hung limply and his ears laid back, clear body language for his reluctance on all of this. He was ready to leave if she intended to eat his face.

Women, man.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
rolled an 11. Permission to PP a pin given by Landry in PM!

She slashed her teeth across the fat of his cheek angrily, using her massive bulk to shove the man to the ground and stand over him with a fearsome bared-teeth snarl.

Here, she stayed her teeth, fierce phoenix-fire gold eyes locking onto him with a clear threat.

To her though, Ephemeris seemed willing to back down now, and so she eventually stepped away to allow him to rise.

"My name is Nyra." 
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
It stung — soon followed his ego. Wounded physically and emotionally. A pregnant woman had taken him down, slashed his cheek enough for it to sting beneath the fur. Blood would soon trickle out and dampen the area, but he had time till then.

Then she introduced herself as she eased up on him. He remained for a few seconds long on the ground, legs tucked against him.

He would roll over, rise and shake his fur out. Head hung low between his front legs.

Ephemeris. He grunted.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She stood tall despite her swelling belly, easily the depiction of a War Empress ripe with life. 
He grunted his name and she offered a soft smile. Though the softness probably didn't look so soft with how her eyes burned. As if hell itself smoldered within... 
"Are you looking for a home, Ephemeris?" She questioned, pausing only the briefest of seconds before she revealed why. 

"I can offer you one." 
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
"Are you looking for a home, Ephemeris?"

A scowl etched into his features. He did not know what brand of crazy she was, but he felt justified in some sense of mistrust. Did she think that because he did not want his face devoured, she could sweep him away with his submission?

Why would you offer? You do not like me. It was a conclusion he came to with great confidence, regardless of its validity. He did not feel like he had charmed her or offered her any reason to want to take him home.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Why offer? Because, frankly, I want to. Even though I did almost rip your face off. Mine and my co-lead's pack is already swelling and strong, but, I have a goal in mind to make it even stronger." The titaness explained easily. 

"I also ask that you don't take my attack too personally. I would probably do the same thing to any new stranger right now." Nyra gestured lightly with her muzzle to her swelling sides, as if silently guessing the hormones coursing through her were at fault. She wouldn't claim that completely, but she did acknowledge the possibility.
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
She had tried to eat his face and Ephemeris had been asked to not take it personal.

His distrust grew deeper, wary of her and inclined to skirt around her entirely to continue on. There was a mountain range that beckoned him forth, tempted him with promises of the unknown on the other side. Except he held some curiosity still. Stupidly so, perhaps.

What is your goal? And why speak of it to me?

His ego demanded that she must see something within him and he aimed to find what it was.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Bluntly, Nyra offered her response.
"I need numbers. And I'm willing to train the numbers I get in combat arts." 

Her face was serious, yet she stood patiently and waited to see if he'd tag along in her efforts to forge her empire. If not, there was no guarantee of his safety on the future.

For now though she'd understand his bitterness since she did just try to eat him.
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
Small phone post incoming!

It did not settle well with him. He did not want to be a number. He also already considered himself skilled in combat — even if this encounter had perhaps shown him in a poor light. He remained silent for a moment, as if gears turned in his head.

Truthfully, he lacked the depth for such churning thought.

Where?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"I will, in time, suggest a sister pack to my co-lead, lead by myself. For now though, all our numbers are located within the Strath, down there." She turned her muzzle to the exact place she spoke of, that vast diversity of trees, mountain hills and cliffs on the edges.
Health (100/100)
RIP & TEAR
49 Posts
Ooc — landry
He had no interest in messy politics, of a pregnant woman who wished to lead alone.

No. Short and simple.

Firm.

If she did not speak further, he aimed to go around her. A wide circle so as to avoid her reach and continue on his trek.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
No. He said.

Nyra scoffed with amusement, a darkness filling into her next words, ominous.
"Then you have forfeited your life." She purred. But this time she didn't move to shred him into pieces, rather, she would play with her food some and let him leave.

But if she saw him again past today, well...that would be a different story.
Health (100/100)