Bearclaw Valley My ma gave birth
29 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Joining 
Sorry! Editing tags! Didn’t realize Aventus took Astara’s place. :’>
@Merrick
@Aventus 

It has been many weeks since Solomon had spoken to the great bear king. His scarred hide had been a sight for sore eyes then, especially after he’d fallen from the teekons in a mindless journey. One he did not recall taking himself. No, not one bit. The thing inside of him, whatever it is, took him away unwillingly. Why? He does not have an answer and whatever possesses him seems too stubborn to supply the somber Bishop of one — content to keep him in the dark.

After his talk with Merrick, he’d done just as he was told. He went into the mountains. Seeking something — peace perhaps? He has not found it, but his mind feels clearer than it had been. Not by much though. 

It’s then in his extended solitude in the mountains does he realize he craves contact of other beings. He cannot be alone with this thing inside him any longer, it will only prove to drive him further into madness. 

So, he does just that; he goes to seek company. Seeking out the refuge of Ursus and their bear gods once more. Padding up to the borders he howls. Once, twice, thrice; short, distinctly dog sounding howls. Definitely not one of a wolf or even that of a coyote. He stands patiently, hoping to be welcomed back after his journey. His mind is slightly clearer, perhaps Merrick would allow him passage then. Even though it was Bishop who had told him the first time that he couldn’t stay. He wants to this time.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Solaria's gonna slip into this one too >:D

The mute fire-kissed woman had been patrolling when the odd bugle sounded.
Tilting her head in curiosity, Vesta took off at a brisk pace, arriving to see the strangest looking canine she had ever taken notice of in her life.

He was not wolf, not obviously. She wouldn't know he was part wolf either, even though he faintly smelled like one....?
Nor was he coyote. And he was calling for her leaders....

Her scarlet gaze bore into Bishop, body language crackling with the question she could not ask by mouth.

Why are you here?
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
merrick had seen an uptick in their numbers, but this mattered little.
avicus.
the coywolf was preparing himself to search the red-girl out, but bishop's odd voice flickered upon their redstone borders. merrick came at once, tail sweeping in a jovial wave, and nipped playfully at loyal vesta. "so you've come back."
he searched bishop for any of the malady or cloying that had clung to his square doggish head before, but finding nothing aside from a steady look, the bruin-witch smirked. "could not stay away?"
and yet he was grateful that bishop had come back, even if the hybrid had not yet uttered the truth of his arrival today.
29 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Solomon stands patiently, silently hoping for his coy leader to heed his request. His presence is an otherworldly thing to the wolf-dog. Just as he was with his humans, he picks someone and sticks to them. Ursus — Merrick — seems to be that lucky one this time. Even though no matter how much he wishes he could be with his human family, he knows it would never be a reality for him ever again. So, Ursus, home of the bears, is where he will make his home until his last dying breath. 

When he hears and sees movement his cropped ears shift on his meaty head. He perks up, watching as a woman comes before him. He had not seen her last he’d been here. His icy orbs look over her large form and she settles a hard look on him with questions in her eyes. Why is he here? He’s sure that’s what that look is asking. 

He shakes his body out, loose skin flapping about as he nervously licks his chops for a second. There’s no need to be nervous, Merrick would allow him passage even if this one does not. So he dips his head to her and remembers the phrase that dark pelaged woman said in the forest too long ago.

“Peace be, sister.” He hums deeply. He doesn’t want any quarrel with her. “I come for Merrick.” Is his next tid bit of information offered. 

Then as if speaking his name summoned him like a wraith from a grave, he sees him and all of his battle-torn glory. His mouth slackens joyously and his spotted tongue is loose against his drooping lips as he smiles. Well, his mouth doesn’t quite smile, but his eyes dance with light at the sight of him. Then even further so at his words.

He steps closer this time. Unlike the last where he begged Merrick to back away. His nubby tail wags and he pants, his butt wiggling just a tag at the motion. “I have come to serve you and your pack, Merrick. Allow me to stay.” His last sentence isn’t an order in the slightest. It’s a question, he’s practically begging him.
Firestorm
90 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Solaria listened with perked ears, swiveling an aud as Merrick came, and the strange canine begged to become one with their numbers. 

Vesta had no say here, and truthfully didn't much care either way. Numbers were good, they added strength. 
So, she turned her scarlet gaze to Merrick to see what he'd do.
this is my book
and i know how to work the spells and charms in it
i know them all
1,610 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Warrior
Master Missionary
can fade after another round? or here is good!

"of course, bishop," merrick said at once. "there was never any question of you belonging." tonguetip bathed his own lips; he moved to raucously welcome their newest back with a butt of his hard head and a nudge to vesta. "once you come to ursus, you leave yourself behind."
no one left these sainted stoneways without the bear exacting a price.
a lash of his tail, and then merrick was grinning, leading them both back along the borders and into the sanctum of their blood-christened home.