This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
All welcome!

The Overseer had been steadily starting to sleep more and more due to constant backaches from the swelling of her stomach.

This afternoon, she woke up with teats sensitive beyond anything she'd ever felt before.
And she noticed about the time she had rolled onto her belly only to feel them expressing milk and tender as fuck.
With a dull whimper, Nyra eased back onto her side. There was no way she could go grab something from a cache right now. She'd just have to see if anyone checked up on her....
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The overlarge white brute loved spring and early summer the small prey animals got complacent when they were all twitterpated and concerned with breeding.

He grinned around the pair of rabbit’s, that had been getting busy right beside his resting place, which happened to be by the burrow he had been spreading his winter shed around. To bad that had made the rabbit’s more complacent with his scent and so far easier prey.

He was like that though, never minding the effort and often spending weeks prepping prey for an easy grab, he hated wasting energy, any energy that could be better spent serving the gods. He was bringing these two rabbit’s back to his new sleeping den for @Aerin the wonderous pale angel he adored, he was lost the image of her standing above their garden her eyes closed the wind playing with her silky strands her nose raised to scent the air, scenting him he had hoped. When a sound abruptly broke his daydream and he froze his ears turning this way and that barely breathing, he knew the sound of a troubled wolf a mile off but it didn’t come again, 

He was not much for tracking he could tell what a plant was 30 paces out but tracking anything that could move was not his forte. That though didn’t stop him from finding a familiar scent and following that. He came upon the warrior woman and overseer Nyra. 

Never having properly thanking her for her care and attention that time in the caves and hopefully reprimanding of Whrist, he moved closer slowly not knowing why he moved slowly but trusting his instincts anyway. He set the rabbit’s in front of her and backed up three paces sitting down to show he was not challenging her in any way.

His rich deep voice reached out to her “Are you ok Mi’Lady?” As he spoke his eyes roamed her body looking for injury but noting instead the roundness of her belly and how hard it looked, He made sure his expression remained neutral but inside he panicked a little, was she about to give birth should he be traveling at all times with the midwife bag he and Aerin had made up. How many other females were pregnant?
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It appeared she had some sort of guardian today, for as she was trying to lay down without her belly touching the stone, Vein approached.

The shaman dropped a couple rabbits before her and it took almost all her self control not to lunge into them.
Instead, she looked to Vein and turned her gaze briefly to her excessing teats.

"I'm not hurt, but my teats are really tender, and leaking... it's making it harder to get up, and it's already been hard on my back, because of being so round." She explained with undertones of a whimper. 
At the moment she truly felt helpless, and it's a feeling she loathes.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The shaman nodded thoughtfully, ignoring the half whimper or at least not responding to it outwardly, he had much better tact then that. He also knew instinctively to tread carefully she was a wolf of high rank and he needed to respect that and the fact it was her job of protect the wolves of the pack, seeing the receiving end of that he held her in the highest regard and since he was a healer and it was his self imposed job to care for any and all wolves (and sometimes other species) He was honoured to offer his skills to her and show her he was better then the time he had attempted to care for Matis.

I have an arnica tincture that will help with the discomfort of an cramps, belly pain or back pain, it is safe to take while pregnant” He frowned and averted his gaze just slightly,  “However it will do nothing for the milk and let down of your teats, That just means you are due in the next day or two, or at the very least very soon” He looked down at the rabbits and nudged them toward her. Yes he was going to travel with the midwife bag from now on, at least until there were not more pregnant females, he hated running around it wasted energy. “Eat I shall go and return with it,” He smiled and her and lied so that she’d feel more comfortable “The tincture will have greater effect on a fuller belly” With that he nodded respectfully and trotted off to collect the midwife bag and return quickly with a rabbit fur stuffed with herbs and various items
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
oof sorry I took so long!!

The Overseer listened intently as he spoke, and at the mention of a tincture, she looked a little more hopeful. 

As he told her to eat, she offered a grateful smile and eased forward enough to grab one of the rabbits, pulling it back to herself and chowing down hungrily. 
She'd naturally still be where she was when he returned. She couldn't really go anywhere anyway.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The relief in Nyra’s eyes had been almost heart breaking, Vein return as Nyra finished her meal and shrugged off the midwife bag somewhat stiffly, though the pain killing herbs he had taken for his ribs were a much higher dose then he could offer Nyra so he was able to hide his weakness very well.

He pawed through the bag until he came up with several large sticks, that sticks were hollow and corked on both ends, he had no way to label the outside of hollow tube so he had to open them to scent what tincture was inside. As luck would have it he opened the Arnica Tincture. He looked around for the best way to administer it and grinned the rabbit she had only eaten one so far thankfully. He walked over and pulled the skin free from the body and then bit free a hunk of juicy thigh meat, a nice mouth full that she could eat whole.

The shaman set it between her front paws then took up the vial and poured her dose onto it “make sure to eat it carefully so to not spill the tincture” He left her to re-stopper his tincture. “Did you want her to stay here with you My Lady? Or would you like some peace and quiet the arnica will take at least 20 minutes before pain relief becomes obvious
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
When he returned, his collection seemed...odd, to say the least. 
Watching Vein open a stick and administer an herbal mixture onto a chunk of meat, the Overseer tilted her head slightly with curiosity. 

And then he set the meat in front of her, with gentle yet clear directions. 
Nodding once, Nyra carefully scooped the chunk into her mouth with her front teeth and fangs, quickly closing her mouth around it and chewing it down. 

To the Shaman's question, Nyra swallowed and spoke. 
"You're welcome to stay for a bit. That way you also know if I have any complications." She offered a soft smile, adjusting her position a little.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein was not one to waste energy so he nodded and settled himself to the ground next to her,

Aerin and I are expecting the year” Vein lifted his head proudly and his tail thumped the ground a couple of time before he reigned in his emotion “I’m sure you knew but I wanted to say it out loud” he chuckled softly. He hadn’t had much time to create friendships busy with growing his herbs and prepping for his family. He drew in a deep breath and winced, his ribs were still healing from his near ill fated outing with Charles and now his mind wondered to the poppy seeds he had at his den. He wanted more to stanch the nagging arch in what was once broken ribs.

He had to force his mind back to the present moment with Nyra so he thought of a question to distract himself. His rich deep voice was conversational and non-judgemental  “Not that it’s my business and feel free to bite me rather then answer.” He paused and tilted his chin up to her to let her know he was not lying about the offer to bite then continued “Whom is the father?” He was mostly curious because he wanted to know just how promiscuous their leader was he had scented that one one more then a few females. And yet was still intrigued by him too, not that he’d cheat on his wife.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Probably best we start closing this one up, since it's a bit back-dated now lol

Medicinal rabbit eaten, Nyra was almost convinced his medicine was taking an immediate effect. She felt better already! 

His voice brought her back to focus, and she smiled approvingly as Vein told her of his courtship with Aerin. They were expecting, how delightful! Her own tail wagged with excitement for them both. 
"Congratulations, Vein. I know in my heart you two will make great parents!" She complimented, adjusting her position a bit to get more comfortable. 
As he inquired to whom she had bedded, the Overseer chuckled softly, an open aura of understanding upon her noble form. 
"The father is Charles. Though he is not my husband, which seems to make us the odd ones out, huh?" Nyra chuckled the question with lighthearted amusement before giving context "Everyone else who I've heard has gotten pregnant, is also wed to the father of their young. This is not the case with me and young Charles. Our coupling was done purely out of instinct on my part. Even so, I don't intend to distance him from our children, it wouldn't be fair to him, and I think, genuinely, that being given the option to have a presence in the life of our young...I think it will be good for him." 

Truly, Nyra had the best in mind for everyone that shared the name Saint. 
Though she didn't always know the best ways to go about it.
Health (100/100)
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein beamed “Aerin will be a great mother I am sure, I will learn as I go” he nodded as Nyra gave her explanation his deep voice rumbled as he told told his story as painful as it was

In my birth pack, none were mated pairs, It is nice there the wolves here do get to claim those they want to share their lives with as mates not all are so lucky.

My father the Alpha used all the females as his harem of sorts, but claimed none as his mate in title. There were no such thing as pairs in my birth pack any of the mothers were not allowed to be with anyone other then the alpha

and so if they became pregnant they were not allowed to raise the pup with the sire only the alpha was allowed to be ‘father’

Vein sighed looking off in the distance as if he could see through the trees all the way back to where he had been born and he shuddered slightly then re orientated on Nyra

You will make a fine mother, and pups do get on well with or without father’s though being a father rather then just a sire is a blessing. I will be counting my blessings each day.” He bobbed his head as if to solidify that promise to himself  he could not speak for Charles or the wishings of that one. But he hoped Charles would make the right decisions to the right reasons

Why don’t you rest, I’ll watch over you for once, the pack will be safe while you gather your strength I’ll see to it for you
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Listening to Vein's words, the Overseer nodded where appropriate, and to his acceptance of the request to watch over her, Nyra smiled gratefully, and was soon adrift in slumber, sides rising and falling with peaceful rest.
Health (100/100)