Duskfire Glacier Please make it harder to leave
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Joining 
Tagging the big bosses @Wintersbane and @Iana 
Setting: night — 21:15
Weather: fair, clear skies, breezy

Pandora had heard of this place from that odd looking, but very pretty, wolf dog. She’s over being alone, she’s over working extra hard to make it all by herself. Help is nice and perhaps she could make a living elsewhere until she gets bored. Something that happens to her fairly quickly. Her interest in something fades fast, but perhaps pack life could keep her interested long enough to get something out of it.

So Pandora slinks up tot he borders silently. Head low and pink nose sniffing at the ground to find where the scent becomes strongest to make sure she’s in the right place. She doesn’t let herself go too far though. Sure she can run, but she’d rather not get herself tangled up in a situation that requires more energy than necessary. 

With a satisfied swish of her full tail she smiles. Yep, this has to be the place. It smells the same as that woman she’d met. Perhaps she’d meet her here. Her eyes half-lidded, she glances around and pants her haunches onto the ground, wrapping her long, Fox-like tail around her ankles comfortably. Tilting her head up she lets out a sort series of more coyote sounding howls, fairly high pitched and quick. 

Now she waits. Sitting out beneath the moon that paints her fur a sickly, but ethereal, blue. She looks like a ghost with her bright ruby eyes — look away and one might miss her.
stars cannot shine without darkness
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Gonna be greedy and snag this one too! <3

There was very little that escaped Tzila's attention. Being the proficient and dedicated guardian that she was, it was common to find her around or near the borders. But those days of relentless patrolling and hard work would soon come to an end. As her unborn pups grew and her tummy swelled, moving would become difficult. She would need to stay closer to the den, unless she wanted to risk the welfare of both herself and her children. Last time, she had pushed her limits. She was wiser now because of it. But she was not ready to give in and be den bound just yet.

The calls coming from the borders were coyote like, causing her bloodied hackles to stand on end. Only such vermin with a death wish would dare call out so brazenly, right at Duskfire's doorstep. Turning, she briskly headed to the borders to intercept the possible threat. Guided there, the closer she got, the clearer it became that the scent in the air did not belong to a coyote at all. It was a wolf. One of their own.

The pale one might be ghost like under the light of the moon, but her own silver eyes were sharp. And it was her midnight fur that melted seamlessly into the darkness that she owned, broken only by the crimson along her still raised hackles. Tzila had her namesake for a reason, after all. Breaking out of the shadows as if one of their own, she emerged, tail high, a stony expression donned. Critically, she looked over the pale, smaller female. "You rang?" She drawled, sweeping her tongue over a pair of sheathed tooth tips that glinted in the moonlight.
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Pandora sits pretty at their doorstep, awaiting one of them to join her. Hopefully she doesn’t get a particularly ornery one. Though, when her sensitive hearing picks up movement, her large ears swivel and her head bobs like a fox listening for prey. Instinctively, she smiles at the company, it’s an easy going one that shows she isn’t afraid, but not one so cocky as to seem rude. 

It she’s she did indeed get an ornery one, judging by the raised hackles and the twitching lip. Pandora rises to her fat softly and bows her head down in a soft, fairly submissive greeting. With a swish of her full tail lowered by her hocks she looks up to the woman that questions her presence. 

“I did.” She hums cheerfully, her voice smooth but not too high pitched with excitement. “I’m Pandora.” The coy-wolf introduces. “I met with a pretty wolfdog with no tail. I think her name was...” She squints her eyes as she tries to remember the other females name. “-Imaq, I believe.” 

Her smile remains softly on her small fox-like face. “She offered me a home so to speak.” Half-lidded blood red eyes meet Tzila’s own easily. No threat in them, only a soft curiosity.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Slowly, her spiked hairs flattened. The specimen before her was not pure wolf, but a mix, with coyote thrown in, if she were to guess correctly. Dismissing her looks and lineage, Tzila's posture relaxed but remained business like. "I am Tzila." She returned. "One of the guardians of Duskfire Glacier." She emphasized, with a slight dip of her chin. A little tip as to who exactly she was speaking with and her title, couldn't hurt.

"I know Imaq well. She is well respected in the pack." Her tail sliced through the dark air behind her. "If it is a home you are seeking, then that is a call for either Wintersbane, our Alpha or Beta, Iana, to make. I am sure they are on their way." She took a single step closer. Not to threaten, but to drive down that she was serious and capable of handling the rundown while they waited. "What skills can you offer us? We are a tight knit, bonded pack. We don't have room for slackers or those who would disrupt our harmony."
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
She’s slightly more pleased when she sees the midnight woman with accented scarlet relax some. She introduces herself and Pandora nods once to show that she acknowledges and files away the information for later. She further mentions the wolf dog, her alpha, and her beta. So she rules Tzila out of being in either of those positions. That doesn’t mean she demands any less respect though. So she keep herself on her toes, not wanting to seem too comfortable, or she might be perceived as rude or careless. She isn’t too ridged though, deciding to stay fairly confident, but willing to submit.

She allows her head to lower some in a submissive manner as the black and red woman closes in, questions of Pandora’s usefulness falling from her tongue. Pandora meets her eyes and smiles some.

Well, if the need ever arises, I’m fair at tailing, stalking, and gathering information in ways that require more stealth than brute strength. I’m skilled in poisons,” She begins then, with an upwards tick of cream, circular brows. “- and poisoningAnd I can hunt small game and fish.” She says the end sentence as if she hadn’t just mentioned being able to easily poison people with a cheeky, but friendly smile — accompanied by an excited swish of her tail.

She allows her head to rise some with an unsure shift of her ears. “I’m not sure what type of pack you all consider yourselves, but I had the misfortune as to being born into one that often needs skills like that. For threats specifically.” She references the poisoning and such. Hoping she wouldn’t be turned away at her rather dark set of skills.

She does downplay it some. Definitely so. She has to consciously make herself seem much more innocent than she truly is. Truthfully, she feels no emotions for those she isn’t close to, she’s killed and poisoned without so much as a blink of her eyes. More often than not, she’d laughed in their face as she watched them choke and die before her. But she doesn’t know these things wolves, Pandora has to play it safe.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
It was odd, to answer the call, but here she was. Arrived on long, careful strides as she noticed Tzila was already there. She felt no need to do any sort of power show with raised tails or snarling teeth, as it seemed the stranger was well behaved. However she did raise her head slightly some, a long look to the stranger.

I am Iana, Beta of Duskfire Glacier. She started and ended with. She had little to say as of right now. More keen on hearing what this stranger had to say now that she had a full audience of both guardian and co-lead.
469 Posts
Ooc — Mai
She listened, nodding at Pandora's mention of skills pertaining to hunting and information gathering. She could potentially make for a good scout or hunter, provided she was accepted into the ranks. But upon hearing her skills and willingness to use poison, Tzila rose a brow. Though her features remained neutral - un-readable. She had her own personal thoughts on the matter. Those which toed a fine line, especially being with pups on the way.

Before she could voice any more of her thoughts, Iana arrived. Taking the reigns from here, to either accept or deny the pale wolf entry among Duskfire. Stepping back, she acknowledged the Beta with a silent dip of her chin. Silver eyes pointedly flicked towards Pandora, imploring her to give Iana the same rundown as she had given Tzila.
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
As Pandora offers her skill set to the blood crested woman, she can’t help the internal laugh at the brow that’s raised by her last, more lethal, skill. She silently hopes it’s not a deal breaker though, one never knows when she’s dealing with strangers. 

Yet, some way through, she notices a another approaching. An interesting looking woman with a pelt of black and white, or perhaps it’s off white or cream, she can’t tell. Either way, her own ruby orbs flick towards her, enraptured by her odd beauty. She introduces herself, straight to business, and Pandora realizes that this is who she needs to put on a show for.

The small coy wolf dips her head respectively in her seated position. “Pleasure to meet you, Iana.” She parrots her name from memory, hoping she says it right. “This one is Pandora.” She hums back in her scarlet tone with a quaint, closed mouthed smile. “I wish to join your pack. As I told your guardian, I met with another one of your members not too long ago. I have a wide array of skills you may be able to put to use. All but fighting, that is. Was never much my strong suit.” She says the last bit with a soft bubble of laughter. She’s not shy about her lack of fighting skills, but she’s definitely able to make up for it in other ways.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
It was a fine introduction. Nothing that stood out or begged for many questions. If someone else from Duskfire had already met with this woman, she imagined there was good reason for them to invite the woman to them. Or perhaps Pandora had simply taken the step herself.

What would you say is your strong suit? Does something call out to you the most? She thought of the things that would be helpful. Hunters and midwives among the top.

Guardians too, although this woman had already wrote herself off from that role.
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Pandora’s questioned about her usefulness. It’s not a surprise to her and she doesn’t mind sharing her set of skills. She just hopes her more specific sets of skills, don’t get her a one way ticket to denial. 

“I can fish and hunt small game mostly.” She begins with a quaint smile. “I am not much of a healer sadly, I know the very basics. My skills lie more with toxicology.” She says softly, keeping the excitement from her eyes. 

Just remembering all the people she’s poisoned before makes her want to laugh. Though, mutiny isn’t really her strong suit unless there’s actually something useful to gain. She wouldn’t use her talents on anyone in her pack, especially if they knew about them — it would be too obvious who it was.

“I’m mostly skilled at curing poisons and poisoning. It’s my specialty.” She ends timidly, ruby eyes looking up to Iana.
149 Posts
Ooc — landry
went ahead and replied to get Pandora settled in!

Hunting was good, useful. Even if it was only small game.

Although her ears cupped forward at toxicology. It made her hesitate, but as the woman explains...she could see its uses. What if a child ate something it shouldn't have? What if one of them was poisoned by a rotten plant by accident? It was a risk, but it was one she was willing to settle on.

You will have a place here. She decided on finally. I'd like to speak more with you on this toxicology, once we get you settled in.
82 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Thank you! :D

The beta seems pleased enough about her hunting skills. Though, just like the blood tinted guardian, her ears perk forward at the idea of her being able to work with poisons. She can’t tell if it’s good or bad, but she suspects it could be both. Of course one would be hesitant about letting someone who’s skilled at poisoning others to join their pack. Yet, Pandora would stress that she could use it for the pack and not against, if need be. She’s not sure how inclined this pack would be on poisoning others though, judging by their reactions.

Either way, she’s happy to be accepted and her tail betrays the fact with a meek swish and wag at her ankles. Her own large auds perk up and her smile grows, bloody eyes brightening. 

She respectfully dips her head as she stands. “Thank you. You’ll find me useful to your endeavors. This one’s only a call away, miss.”