This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Birth 
Time for baby! Will tag Lotus after a couple rounds of Labor Pains 

It was a warm day today, and the Overseer lounged peacefully in the sunlight that caught the lip of her whelping den above the trees.

The Queen was suddenly ripped from her slumber by intense abdominal pains. Panicking at first, Nyra was able to drag herself to the back of the small cave, where the pains once again seized her.

She pushed upon instinct alone, but nothing came out just yet.
With a pained whine, the Overseer let out a booming howl, calling for @Arlette, @Aerin, @Vein, any of their healers really, and for @Kynareth Deagon. As much as he wasn't her husband, he was her friend and she felt he should be here too.

Tiring already, Nyra flopped her head to rest on the ground, trembling with the pain and her own anxious fear.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

When the call came, Aerin felt her ears jerk skyward in elated surprise. It seemed it was time for Nyra's pups to make an appearance. As it happened, she was away from the den and her medicine supplies but remembered that @Vein (slight pp here, lmk if I need to edit) had mentioned wanting to work on some tasks around their dwelling that morning. Aerin had dedicated the morning to curing a few hides from her recent hunts, working diligently to make them soft for bedding down a whelping den. 

Promptly, the pale mother began to gather up the two soft pelts she was finishing before letting loose a howl of her own for her husband to meet her at Nyra's den with the special 'birthing bag' they'd been creating to keep all their midwifery supplies in for the duration of this year's breeding season. One could never be too careful and they wanted everything on hand, at the ready, if one of the Saint's she-wolves or their offspring needed assistance.

That taken care of, the Bonesplinter grabbed her furs and took off as fast as she could safely do so -- not quite able to bound and leap so effortlessly now that her body was changing subtly with the signs of new life growing within. Still, her small belly didn't yet hinder her movements unduly and she arrived at the Overseer's whelping den before too long. 

The midwife called out softly around the hides that muffled her tones, waiting for the battle maid to respond before entering the den and setting the furs aside. Perhaps they might come in handy during the delivery of Nyra's pups, or maybe the new mother might like them as a sort of welcoming gift for her bairns -- soft hides to wrap them in and for them to sleep on for warmth. 

"'ello, lady Nyra," the combat medic greeted softly, soothingly, moving to sit nearby and allow the woman someone to lean on -- literally if she felt the inclination with the pain of her contractions. Her friend had no husband and she knew not if the father would be attending, though she hadn't smelt or seen him around the den. She did not want the first time mother to feel that she was alone, without the support of someone who cared about the well-being of her and her unborn (as of yet anyways) children. 

"'ow long 'ave ze pains been coming now?" She asked in similar hushed tones, hoping to pinpoint where the pale she-wolf was in her labor. 
"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s tending to his own pups, regurgitating food and trying to wear them out for @Simmik’s sake. Playing with them, rough housing, and running about the mouth of the den. When all of a sudden he hears an urgent howl coming from who he personally knows as Nyra’s voice. She’s requesting his presence and he wonders what has the pregnant mother in such distress. So with a quick but concerned look to Simmik, he pecks her on the head before saying goodbye to his pups before taking into a full on sprint towards the soon-to-be mother. 

When he arrives he’s panting heavily, purple tongue falling from his maw as well as drool as he slows into a trot. He sees that Aerin is there already and this relieves some, but not all of his worry. Though when he sees her huffing and puffing, trembling body lying in her den he instantly knows what’s happening. 

He’s rushing to her side and dipping his head to lap at her head and face comfortingly. “Fuck, darling, are you okay? You’re going into labor?” He asks stupidly through his light panic. 

Lying down beside her he moves himself that offers a place on his abdomen that she’d be able to rest her head if she so wanted to. Then he finds himself looking around for the chocolate male he knows as the father, @Charles, and his brows furrow. Did he know she’s going into labor? Perhaps he hadn’t heard her. So he tilts his own head back, quickly apologizes to the two pale women, and howls loud enough to rattle eardrums. This man is the father of these pups and he must be here.

After he would turn his attention back to Nyra and lie a paw gingerly on her shoulder. “You’re doing fine, dear. Keep pushing.” He softly encourages. Feeling like a father to her pups too.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein carried the midwife bag with him when he could, having found a way to tie it so that he could slip in over his neck. He hated wasting energy running back and forth so when his wife didn’t need it he kept it on him. He was working on coaxing a particularly rare tree to grow, a Kratom tree, these trees were not native to this area but the leaves were very highly sought after. He sighed softly as he eat one of it’s newly formed leaves it would take a little time but the pain relieving affects would kick in. He’d have to be carefully how many leaves he harvested though this plant was far to young to lose many.

His ear pricked up, first he heard Nyra and his heart rate when up, he knew she was having a tough go at this pregnancy, having gone through it by herself or at least without a husband by her side; In so saying The Overseer had never truly been alone she had the pack, whom would never fail her.

He was calmed by the second call the soothing (to him at least) melodies of his wife the true midwife. He did not need to dash off like a mad wolf, nor did he waste time though. He moved toward the source of the sound not to far off from where he had last treated Nyra.

I have the bag ready Mi’love” he lowered his head and shrugged the midwife bag free only a slight wince in his eyes betrayed the last vestiges of his nearly healed ribs, his herbal treatment working well to stem the pain. He stepped back to watch over them, he was surprised she allowed Kynareth so close but that didn’t mean she’d allow him the same courtesy. And unless he was needed, Vein was very content to sit on the sidelines of the birthing process.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Starting the second round! :>

First to her desperate call was Aerin, and the Overseer whimpered gratefully as the midwife placed herself within close touching distance.
Panting, the Warqueen answered Aerin through heavy breaths "A few minutes now, not...not long." 

Then Kynareth comes as well, to which Nyra is able to smile with gratitude. He too placed himself close, and the Battle Phoenix was about to express her appreciation when another wave of pains seized her stomach. 
With a pained yelp-type noise, Nyra pressed her head into Kynareth's chest as she pushed again.
This time it felt like something was moving, and yet still, her children weren't released from her abdomen yet.

Vein as well came, shortly after her co-lead had boomed for Charles.
"Y...you can come closer, Vein. I think I'll need all the support I can get." The Overseer chuckled breathily, doing her best to prepare now for when the pains came again.
Health (100/100)
261 Posts
Ooc —
The wraith drew closer her own belly larger with signs of the pregnancy she denied that was happening to her.

She stared at Nyra her white blues wide, Nyra's pain did not sit right with Whrist, What could possibly lay the warrior woman out like this and she seemed to be accepting it. Oh how she wanted to crawl in there and press herself into Nyra's body, offer her support and kill what ever was causing her this much pain.

She turned her gaze away with a wince as Charles was being called, he was the one whom had lain with Nyra? why had he not asked before this, Lucky bastard. She lingered if only to catch a glimpse of Charles, but she stayed far enough away that she could not see the action in the den.
416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When Nyra's first howl rent the air, the coywolf halted in his steps at the pack's frays. He stared at the skull and it stared back at him, and he took in a shaky breath as he tried to figure out what to do. She hadn't called for him specifically. He'd only be in the way if he was there. Maybe he didn't even want her there, since she did not call for him specifically.

Charles stood and thought of all of this, unsure what he should do. And what if he showed up and she would only chase him away. And why did she call for Kynareth? Why should he be there? Charles found himself defiant at the mere thought of his leader. Why did his leaders always have to be so handsome?

Only Kynareth's insistent howl for him ripped Charles away from his thoughts. This was a call he could not ignore; not because it was Kynareth's, but because it was a call for him specifically. He needed a good excuse if he didn't show up this time around.

When he arrived, various wolves were gathered. Most notable to him was Whrist's presence, as he wasn't sure why she was there. However, her presence conveniently meant he could ask her, How's it going? He did not approach Nyra and the whelping den as of yet, only watching frozen in place and hoping that he would not be asked to get as close as some of the others were. He wouldn't even know how he could possibly offer her support, anyway. Maybe that was why she hadn't even called him.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
to keep things moving, I'm starting the third round! Please let @Lotus post first, and then no posting order! Also some mild time skip :>

Many waves of pain came, and Nyra battled through them all, until finally, at last, a white little potato was born. Not yet many signs of the markings her First-Born would bear in the future, and lovingly did the Battle Phoenix free her daughter from the sac, lick her until Lotus would be able to yip and cry as all newborns do. 
And Nyra pulled Lotus close to her stomach encouragingly, nosing the pup to one of her teats where she could suckle. 

......No more came. 

The pains completely ceased. Tired as Nyra was from her labor, a heartbroken sadness swelled in her hell-borne hues, knowing her daughter would be an only child this year. 

"Welcome to the hunt, my little Lotus." The Empress whispered just loud enough for the others to hear.
Health (100/100)
10 Posts
Ooc — landry
And cry she did.

As loud as her tiny, newborn lungs would let her.

Right until she found her prize for being dragged into this world. A teat. Mother's warmth, too. Not that she would remember these moments but everything was made easier by the warmth. The transition less jarring when she could snuggle in and eat until the milk was spilling out of her mouth in messy dripples down her chin.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth would watch with awe as he lord beneath her as she pushed and pushed. His paw a constant weight on her shoulder, reminding her that he was there for her. 

Then he smells Charles and he swivels his head enough to be able to see him outside. His brows furrow. He’s not mad, but he’s curious as to why he’s being so shy. Perhaps the wedding between him and Nyra was an accident — unwanted by the smaller coy he so enjoys to tease. Though his attention from Nyra only lasts for a second before he’s looking right back to her. She’s pushing even hard and finally something falls from between her legs.

He raises his massive head a bit to see as Nyra pulls the pup front he sack and licks it clean. A pure white pup, nice and healthy. He smiles then, happy for her. She looks happy and therefore, he is too. She would be a good mother he knows it. 

Though as she settles the pup against her and it starts whining and mewling he finds it in himself to finally get up. Softly rising from his place beneath the pale warrior and offering her a soft lick to her muzzle. 

“I’ll be back, darling.” He hums softly, before he’s stalking outside.

His gaze falls on Whrist and Charles. It locks straight on the smaller male and he strides up to him with casual purpose. He doesn’t look mad, his expression is neutral albeit a bit hard.

“Why did you not come?” He asks softly. “Had she not called for you?” He wonders to him aloud.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
summarizing the birth and all, let me know if I need to edit anything @Nyra

Kynareth was the next to arrive, bringing a smile to Aerin's face as she readjusted to make room for The Grandmaster -- the curve of her lips taking on an impish smile as Nyra confirmed she was in active labor and Kynareth urged her to push, entirely too soon. 'Men', she thought with an internal chuckle -- wondering silently for a moment how Vein might react when their own pups were being brought into the world. Would he be cool and collected or would all his medical training fly out the window once it was his own wife grieving through arduous labor to birth his own children? 

When Vein arrived, Aerin turned towards him -- her eyes warm -- but glanced back at Nyra as if to silently ask whether the Phoenix was comfortable with the Bonesplinter entering the somewhat crowded den. Unaware of the others outside, beyond a vague inkling based on the scents and low murmurs drifting towards the Nightwish's whelping den, she focused entirely upon The Overseer's approaching delivery. Gesturing Vein closer with a small jerk of her head, she shifted positions so that Kynareth could continue to soothe their friend while the midwife sat in front of the woman. 

"Some of ze birthing tincture might be good," she suggested softly to her husband, thinking that it might be a good time to offer any medicines before Nyra's labor progressed into transition and she was distracted by the pushing. "Maybe some raspberry leaves too," she tacked on for good measure. Once whatever herbs had been offered, and taken by the pale shieldmaiden given that she was willing to accept the proffered medicines, Aerin settled back down since there wasn't much to do now but wait. Occasionally she offered murmurs of comfort and encouragement, or suggestions of breathing practices as she did her best to keep Nyra calm.

And all at once there seemed to be a frenzy of activity. The milkmother barely had time to register the fact that the Nightwish was no longer suffering from just any old contraction, she was actually crowning! Aerin rose to her feet, just in case her assistance was needed, but in no time the pup had slid from her mother's body and was being tugged to The Overseer's snow-blanketed underbelly -- where Nyra promptly removed her from the birthing sac and began rasping her clean with fervent licks that soon inspired the pale newborn to greet them all with her first howling breaths of dismay.

The Priestess couldn't help the beaming smile nor the exuberant wag of her bottlebrush tail where it swept the dirt floor, eyes smarting with happy tears as she glanced at Vein for a moment. I can't wait for us to have that moment. 

Once Ky had gone, the midwife composed herself a little better before drifting closer, offering Nyra another small pile of herbs if she should so desire them -- some comfrey and chamomile, now that she was no longer inhibited by her pregnancy the bone-mending herb would prove helpful for healing any damages the birth had caused, and some motherwort for the pain -- along with some congratulations and a whispered welcome to their newest little packmate.

"Vould ye like company or vould ye prefer some time alone vith Lotus?" she asked quietly, not wanting to disturb the new mother and her pup but not wanting to leave Nyra alone yet if she wanted her pack close by for support. 

416 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Charles felt Kynareth's burning gaze on him and he instinctively looked away. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know what was going on inside, but it seemed like it was too busy, too crowded, for him to join, too. What if he wasn't welcome? Charles had not often been in a situation where he was welcome, and while he liked to do bad things to see if someone, anyone, would notice him, this was too big a risk to take.

Unsure of what to do, the coywolf just stared at the den. Even Whrist's company did not soothe him this time; it was clear that he was tense and while he tried to look like a stalwart guardian, ready to be called in if he was needed, and ready to defend the den if need be, on the inside he felt like a little pup who didn't have a clue what was going on or what was expected of him.

Eventually he heard the high-pitched cries of a pup — only one pup? — and he felt relief wash over him. That must mean that this horrible wait was coming to an end soon. He swallowed thickly as he waited outside. Now that he had waited for that long, it was easy enough just to keep up the waiting act and wait until someone addressed him.

Kynareth was the one to first come outside. Charles felt the twist in his gut tighten, even though Kynareth didn't look angry. He was close to Nyra, it seemed (though Charles had no idea just how close; if he did, then he might have laughed at the thought that she would want Charles to father her children at all). There was something about him that simply demanded respect, and there was something about the way his face was handsomely chiseled so perfectly as though he was a stone statue that demanded Charles to look at him.

At first he felt called out, even though Kynareth's words were soft. Why didn't I come? Charles asked to himself, a lot less softly than Kynareth had. He asked himself as though he should've known that he could have — should have! — been welcomed inside. Of course he was! He fathered these children! She invited him to be a part of their lives — its life! What seemed so uncertain moments ago now seemed crystal clear, and he had made the wrong decision. I... he tried, his mouth dry as his eyes skittishly darted away from Kynareth's face and back again a few times. It had to be clear he felt caught out by the question.

Kynareth's next question provided a way out. Charles nodded quickly. It was no easy task to admit being a coward, but it offered him an explanation, at least. She didn't call for me, and I didn't know if she wanted me. It seemed uh, kinda busy. Charles' tongue nervously flitted in and out of his mouth as he looked at Kynareth's handsome face, waiting to see what would happen next; waiting to see if his answer was good enough, or if he would be punished for false assumptions and fake excuses.
261 Posts
Ooc —
I am beyond sorry to have held this up guys, I almost lost my grooming business during this version lockdown, the people are selling the property my business is on, legal junk and more and depression have killed my muse and just about every thing good in mah life. My business is still running at a loss each month but lock down is nearly over wish me luck to turn it around

Whrist watched as the Grandmaster emerged from the den, she saw briefly Nyra eating something though she knew not what exactly; but then her gaze became locked upon the sexy chest and stocky brindle prime example of male coming towards her and Charles.

She narrowed her white blues on him and snorted as he berated Charles,  Hoping to draw his attention toward her, she didn’t like others making ‘her’ Charles uncomfortable that was her job, she moved to pressed her side up against Charles’ side in a show of solidarity “No she didn’t! She called for you

Whrist shifted her raven coloured muzzle toward the healers “She called for them, she did not call for any others least of all me or Charles….” She lifted her lips sightly as she spoke the next words her hackles lifting just a little in irritation  “Yet we are still here….

Whrist  moved her gaze to Charles and it softened then back to Kynareth Deagon and with a sigh softening her whole body she stepped away from Charles just a fraction and continued “We came toward her sexy voice because she called for the healers, because I.. We… love… her…” 

She realized her words might betray her feelings toward Nyra but she’d deny it if she could, she had stuttered on the last few words unable to find a way to cover them up.

Whrist  backed up a step looking at Charles first then Kynareth then toward an open space to run “BecauseShesPackAndWeCareAboutHer” she spit out hurriedly, then turned to run.
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The over large brute looked at his wife with wide eyes, she was inviting him in? He did not have a death wish birthing females were notoriously moody and this one had the teeth and strength to back it up. Most females did but this one more so.

Vein was about to protest but his wife began asking for things and so he allowed the healer in his to take over if Nyra chewed on him so be it. He'd walk to hell and back for his Aerin.

He pulled up his birthing tonic which would help Nyra's contactions and help her body heal that much faster from the birthing allowing her uterus to contract back to a normal size after ward too. He poured the needed amount of tincture on the raspberry leaves which would help with pain or discomfort and inclining his head to Nrya he spoke softly "Eat the leaves whole and try not to spill the liquid tincture upon them, both will help your body to recover from birthing much faster."

He backed out and breathed a sigh of relief he to wondered what Aerin's birthing would be like he had never been invested in a birthing process before. He hoped he'd be just a calm as Kynareth, though knowing what he knew and how bed it could go he doubted it.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Wrapping this one up guys! I'll leave it open for another 7 days in case any of you want to get in one more post :>

Tired, now, Nyra curled inward a tad, protective of her newborn even though none of them meant her harm. 
Distantly she heard the voices of Kynareth and Charles, and what might've been Whrist (it was), 
Obedient from her exhaustion, Nyra took the tincture and leaves, carefully injesting what was given to her. 

To Aerin's question though, Nyra murmured softly "Please stay, at least for a little bit..." And then she relaxed with an exhale, slipping into a perhaps much needed sleep.
Health (100/100)
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn watches as Charles struggles to find words. He truly didn’t mean to put him on the spot, hence why he was using his nice voice, but it seems it happened anyway. 

Then Whrist scoffs. His yellowed gaze immediately turns to her. He watches as she moves to press further next to Charles — defending him. 

She called for you. 

Dark ears shift atop the grandmaster’s skull. Yes, she did. To him that’s a problem. He doesn’t know the relationship between Charles and Nyra, but she should’ve called for the her baby daddy first. He doesn’t share his opinion yet, instead, he listens to what Whrist has to say. Talking about who exactly she called for and who ended up at the call anyway. Yet, Whrist mentioning Nyra’s voice being rather sexy, makes him unconsciously chuckle good heartedly. He could agree with her.

When she finishes, he can tell she wants to run. That’s a no go. He takes a step towards the two of them. His features are soft, not judgmental, and so is his voice.

“Darling, darling,” He interjects softly with a smile. “easy. I’m not trying to accuse anyone. I only wondered why. I don’t understand much of your relationship with Nyra,” He says the last sentence looking at Charles. “but it’s not my business to pry, so I won’t.” he looks at Whrist then. “I will be speaking with you later, dear.” He hums with a promise in his eyes.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
probably the last from me/aerin!

Her argent gaze flitted to her mate at his instructions, punctuating them with a slight nod, before her attention refocused on the two patients before her and Vein slipped away. Now that they were alone, the midwife took up a spot near the entrance of the den -- acting as a guardian of sorts even though she knew they were amongst friends and nobody was likely to try and harm Lotus. Knowing the similar backstories they shared, she imagined Nyra would feel safer with someone looking out for her and her newborn as they rested -- for the new mother was bound to be exhausted after such an ordeal and wouldn't be in any shape to fight off anyone even if she weren't. Determined to take her makeshift role of protector seriously, the hart crossed her forepaws over each other and scanned the surroundings of the den's threshold alertly -- ignoring the low murmurs erupting from the trio clustered nearby since she couldn't make out much of what was said anyways.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That's a wrap everyone! Thank you to all who participated! <3

As Nyra and her newborn rested, the dull voices from outside blurred into nothingness at the Queen's slumber. 
The sun was now setting over the Strath, leaving a warm rainbow in place of sky blue. Aerin's quiet guardianship left a sense of ease and security as the new mother smiled softly, thinking of all the great things to come for herself and her daughter.
Health (100/100)