Noctisardor Bypass change on the rise
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Trade 
While keen to explore within Mahler’s domain, Argent had taken Praimfaya’s request as priority and so the silver shadow could be seen stalking the cusp of the Bypass just as the days rays began to touch the cool stone. Fog rolled, his tall form disappearing with the swirl of it, his icy eyes prying through the veil with suspicion. 

The birds were only just beginning to awaken—their gentle song stilling the beast within and allowing him to take a certain contentment in the symphony of spring.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
his days had settled. mahler sensed praimfaya's time was close, and was bustling from one den to the next, smelling of milk and herbs, when he found the trail of argent.
glibly the older man followed it, relieved at the excuse to take some moments for himself. he pierced through the fog, a tall shadow that set stoneflower eyes upon the stigmata-fused figure. "your mother left rivenvood some time ago. have you spoken vith her?" he inquired after an affable span of time, hoping that ketzia had not found herself the same fate as poor nyx.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Another shift of the fog revealed the dark Mahler, his presence demanding Argent's attention before words even rumbled through the quiet. Icy eyes swept over the man, idly curious to how the dark man had instilled such comfort in the younger wolf when in truth it had been months since their last interlude. Yet no awkward moment pressed them, and with a tip of his muzzle in silent greeting, the stalwart youth allowed his gaze to drift back out to the lands before them, his pace slowing only to allow the Graf to sidle beside him.

The silence was soon broken when the man questioned the whereabouts of his mother, stirring a lift of the ironsoul's brows. Ketzia had returned to them and spoke of Mahler--not once implying she had drawn away from the man unannounced. A grim line pressed to his muzzle, though he did not go so far in to detail.

"I have--she told me where to find you." He paused, silver eyes noting the greying features of a man who had seen much in his lifetime. "She said she worried for your health."
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
ketzia. she had worried for him? of course she had. "life takes its toll," the graf said gently. it was ironic then, that the long-lasting cough should tighten his flanks at this very moment. a sigh of resignation floated from mahler to follow. "age takes its pound of flesh."
but he refused to be dismal, not when argent had returned. not when some aspect of disapora had come back into his settled life. 
beneath the careful young gaze, mahler felt as if he was spun apart, dissected. it was not well to be so vulnerable in the eyes of more youthful men, though he suspected that was only pride muttering to itself. he must lay it to rest. "vhat of trench and river?" he inquired, for it had been several years since he had seen any of them.
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Worry would have laced the youthful wolf’s features as the cough rasped at the man but he remained impassable in that sense—not pitying the man who remained solid in his life but simply calculating the ways in which he could best aide him and Rivenwood.

An idle hum passed his lips at the mention of his siblings and his icy gaze drew away, allowing a lilting smile to touch his lips at the thought of them. Both very well. I think mom is hopeful of either one settling with another and fearing a litter of their own. He shrugged, bemused. Wishful thinking, though. I don’t think either had plans for any of that when I left.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the idea of stigmata's shade becoming a grandfather was a startling one. not stigmata, ketzia, the woman who had borne and raised the brood, largely alone. not stigmata, and he must not forget this. "there is time yet," he chuffed lightly, meaning this to assume that argent, too, had no such plans.
"i planned neither of those things, and they came to pass anyvay." a chuckle; he pressed on. "does medicine interest you? i had considered it might be something to hand down."
he sniffed gently at the bark of an elm. "now i vonder if it should simply be taught to all who vant to learn."
142 Posts
Ooc — Rachel
Acknowledging Mahler’s words quietly, Argent studied the man, having never known the dark gargoyle to have had children. I’d like to meet them, he responded, not considering the topic could be sensitive in nature. 

He stopped along the border, nosing at an older scent that caused his brow to furrow, his eyes shifting to the man. Badger, he believed, but he spoke nothing. It remained stale, and in his mind simply meant an eye could be kept out. Instead, their focus shifted to Mahler’s own experiences, and surprise flickered only briefly in the stoical man’s vision  as he considered. I would enjoy learning many things. He had never considered medicinal knowledge before—but he did not find the thought unappealing.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler was pleased. "then i vill enjoy teaching them." satisfied, he did turn a heavier heart toward thoughts of his children. "here in rivenvood there is astraeus, who keeps to the borders. and phaedra, who is also shy. thade is my son. he comes and he goes as he vill."
perhaps argent might find this relatable.
"and in moonspear" — easier to speak as though rumours of the mountain had not come to him "— there is elke and ciri, my daughters."
pride for them all, pride and pain.