Dragoncrest Cliffs nor her dear parents, but
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
Private 
in spite of her rotund sides, erzulie stood prying urchins from the side of a large stone.
reminded of her time with chacal, the obsidian smiled. these would be a good treat for @Rosalyn, the eggs held within the spiked shell. her wife did not leave her mind, warmed through with a rosy and affectionate blush.
and soon they would be mothers again.
as if in answer, the children kicked.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn had stalked to the borders of the mountain alongside Merlin, ensuring the wolves who had once harassed them were gone. She'd traced the herds, counted them, and gathered a few of the things her wife had needed through previous pregnancies. They were as ready as they could be, yet still, it felt wrong.

She couldn't help but feel old as the spring passed, and there was a complicated mix of relief and regret she now dealt with. She had kept herself busy until now, but as the weeks winnowed away, there was less and less to do. More and more time to think, something she found came with more sharp edges as seasons passed.

Wandering idly, Rosalyn crossed Erzulie's scent and changed course. She came upon her wife working urchins free, and wordlessly she walked up alongside, brushing her coat along and resting her head silently on the curve of her back. She stayed there for a moment, then looked to see what it was she was working on.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
rosalyn came to embrace her. erzulie purred beneath the sudden warmth, turning on ungainly legs to draw gently at whatever fur she might reach. the urchins to wait a moment as she explored the moment with her beloved wife.
"i found dese for you," she grinned in the next moment, tail swaying once. "i t'ought de tanzanite of sapphique might enjoy a treatie." rosalyn worked hard and kept their borders marked and ensured. erzulie had retreated inland as her time grew near, but she still meant to bring pleasantries where she could.
the children kicked.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
She relished the moment, letting it ground her. When she found her mood began to turn south, it was rare that time with either her wife or their children didn't help.

Right as always, she replied, taking in a breath. The obsidian is a wise woman. She smiled, then reached around to snag one lightly with her teeth. If she was careful, the spines wouldn't prick her. How are you?

Before she partook, she asked with interest. Erzulie seemed well, but it was good to check in every so often. Pregnancy sometimes set harder, she recalled, and they were bearing closer to the day.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie breathed out. "dis time it be harder. more aches. more hunger. i felt slower sooner. i am dealing wid the experience of weakness." not weakness by anyone else's standards; one might be hard-pressed to describe her with such a moniker.
but by her own internal processes.
"along wid all dat, i have news. wintersbane. he has made a pack east of us, in de taiga. our own chacal has visited as emissary." but erzulie was amused. sapphique stood strong. "what you be makin' of dat, my jewel?"
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn smiled, though her worry wasn't helped by the words. She knew fretting over Erzulie wouldn't help things but some things she simply couldn't help. That did not mean she had to show it. She would continue to keep a sharp eye, though, and to bring food to help to keep her strong. You, cariño, weak? I will believe it if I see it. She circled around a bit to bring her side next to Erzulie's, allowing her wife to lean into her if she wanted. But if you need to be, I'm here. The answer worked in twofold; they could be honest with each other, but she was also prepared to pick up what needed to be carried for a while. Especially this year.

Wintersbane. She did not recall that name, so assumed that she was speaking of their proximity. They were friendly to her? It was hardly a question because if they hadn't been, no doubt they'd be dealing with it. If they aren't trouble like the mountain was, I don't mind. But we should keep an eye on them.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie shifted comfortably back against rosalyn. "you speak like dat again, you bring de babies on," she chided, though pride in the strength of their attraction to one another had carried her through several restrictive times. 
a nod, settling her head back upon the muscular shoulder. "dey were. imaq was de woman i met. she spoke highly of our little jackal, an' us as well." it had not been unpleasant at all, their conversation. "a man alone at de helm of his own pack? i expect he goin' to be a bit busy," and she laughed scornfully. 
"when shall sapphique go an' see?" erzulie asked in the next, for despite her mirth, she would not discount her wife's advice.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Rosalyn laughed quietly at that pronouncement, full of fondness. She'd have enjoyed testing that theory, in that moment. There had been many times when she'd explored, through the past season, her feelings towards the men of Sapphique. She'd looked to Njord and hoped he would stir the familiar fire in her, but there were only embers. Only her wife could consistently touch that desire now, it seemed.

Mmm. And like most, I bet multitasking is not one of his skills, she replied with a sly smile. If she remembered who he was she might have been even less charitable.

After the children, maybe. We never took that trip. She thought they'd spoken of one once, though the moment she said it, she wondered if she was mistaken. Where and when had they spoken of going? Uncertain, she nevertheless let it hang. Even if it wasn't a sentiment they'd spoken of, she found the idea appealed to her. Perhaps when the children were old enough, they could use the excuse to take a short travel together. Sapphique was strong; it would hold a short term without them.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
"it never be. dey not have to do like we do," she said of men in general, sighing luxuriously against the strength of her mate. 
had they discussed a trip? was she getting old? erzulie could not remember. "i would like to visit de bay again," she said aloud. "remember ironsea." they had continued rusalka and built sapphique together. it was not the loss of it, mourned now. the beautiful sands of the place had been where they had first met, where she had whispered her way into rosalyn's ear, and later they had twined their pirate hearts forever.
eternity stretched before them. erzulie chose not to contemplate their mortal coil, only what of them would endure forever in their many children and strong name.
"we made an empire," she observed, a laugh to follow.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Ironsea. We could stay by the cliffs again, where the rocks meet the sand. There were few things she remembered so vividly now. She was a little grateful that time was beginning to dull the edges on that pain. What was left was mostly the good, and most all of that was shared between the two of them.

I think Empress has a nice sound to it, if you would prefer. she murmured, satisfied with that. She was right; they had, regardless of any who tried to stop her. It's fitting. I am glad, that you... that we will have more. She lowered her muzzle to kiss her side, where the swell burgeoned out.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
empress. it was quite tempting, but their seaside palace was less royal and more dominant, she felt. empresses were worshipped. those in sapphique commanded respect.
she closed her eyes at her wife's kiss. there was something bittersweet held now in the air: the idea that rosalyn would not have her own. "yes," she said. "ours." and more fiercely the words came.
she inhaled the salt breeze, chuckled.
"look how sleepy i be, just from walkin'. maybe you take a nap wid me," erzulie purled, pressing a kiss of her own here and there upon her pirate, cinnamon tail swishing with relief and amusement.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
fading here if that's ok <3

Ours. The affirmation echoed and resounded, and Rosalyn resolved that in time the ache she felt would fade into the sureness of that statement. She had no reason to feel otherwise.

Mmm, let's. She allowed her wife's movement to guide them to a place, staying close, and would enjoy the warmth of both her company and the sun above them. She was tired; there were things to be done, but for now, nothing could be more important than taking a moment and returning Erzulie's affection. Gentle exchanges that eventually would lull her into a restful sleep.