Duskfire Glacier I'm living someone else's life
Tu me rends malade, et j'adore ça...
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Limit Two 
Backdated to the 28th! A couple hours after this thread

On his first night staying in the grounds of duskfire, Kaster had decided to go towards the very borders he'd enter from and patrol for tonight. It was suprising, in a way, how smoothly things had gone despite how it started. Not that Wintersbane's acceptance of him wasn't a good thing, but the archer was sure for a moment that things were going to take a turn for the worse. Between the two women at the borders and the scent of raging hormones, he was sure both of them were eager to chase him of as soon as things turned south.

Speaking of, the dark coated woman with a reddened scruff was not the only one he sensed maternity from -- the smell practically surrounded this claim. Just how many mothers had been lurking here?

The Archer
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Imaq had taken to wandering once more, though she still carried a healthy measure of trepidation where it concerned leaving the territory. Much like Tzila and Lane, she was well aware that she was not breakable in her current condition -- given there was a condition -- but still felt it was better safe than sorry where it concerned any unborn children she might be carrying, though it was entirely possible that her concern stemmed from the trauma of losing her first litter. 

She settled for sweeping along the borders, seaglass gaze occasionally flitting to the streaks of color along the horizon or the flight of a bird's silhouette against the vibrant sky. She wasn't sure exactly when her cracked gaze moved back to the path ahead and she spotted the approaching figure but her tuliped auds lifted alertly when she did notice him.

The she-dog continued towards him though she felt a familiar swell of caution rear its head, uncertain how the woodlander might react to the sight of her. It was not so long ago that she had forgotten Taikon, nor the red woman in the woods. 

Despite her timidness, the merle allowed a polite smile to grace her speckled features and a soft rumble of greeting to escape her as the two neared one another. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

Particularly on his guard near the borders of Duskfire, the approaching pawsteps closing in on him earned a sharp snap of his muzzle towards the noise's direction and an icy glare. Instincts would've expected some foreign wolf, but his muzzle instead turned to the area inside of the borders -- it was a pack member coming towards him.

A rather peculiar-looking pack member. She was a small, and fairly decorated sight with strange splotches of patterns and spots that was straining to visually make out. What's more are the distinctly limp ears and tail that represented the features of *human's workers -- though the lingering scent of a wolf led him to the conclusion that she was a half breed. If so, then it wouldn't be the first instance he'd encountered. 

"Good evening." the archer would greet neutrally, standing where he was as the seelie treaded closer, and turning his head back towards the outer territories. The sire would not lie if he said he didn't feel some sort of skepticism towards the presence of a wolfdog, albeit because of the influence those homicidal two-legs had on their domesticated cousins, though Kaster cared not for the little details until the existence of danger was actually proven to exist. She was accepted into this pack for a reason, no?

*"human's workers" or "human's slaves" are what Kaster would refer to as any domesticated dogs

The Archer
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
The woman felt a shiver creep along her spine, gaze moving from his as the smile slipped slightly -- certain she'd seen a spark of something like the emotion she'd once spotted in Taikon's eyes. The medicine woman didn't quite stop at first, instead shifting on her paws flightily as if ready to flee or at the very least keep moving if the man proved unfriendly. 

Surprised, she glanced to the archer -- his pelt like that of a snow-blanketed wood -- when he greeted her, cordially enough though it seemed somewhat forced as if he didn't truly wish to speak with her. Still, he had spoken and the polite thing to do would be to answer. "Hello," Imaq returned. "I-Imaq, " she stuttered softly, for some reason feeling embarrassed about her inability to speak common fluently in the woodlander's presence. 
"...and all around was the bitter arctic cold and the immense silence of the North..."
30 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Hi SUPER SORRY for the late reply >~<

He could've sworn the splotched woman before him seemed fearful, which the archer found a little strange considering his previous interactions today. In assumption that everyone who lived here before held a higher rank than himself, he was not expecting them to reveal a meek exterior to him. This woman was....different. Regardless, he slowly nodded to accept their greeting. "I am Kaster, a new recruit."

The small she-fae's scent, who could now be seen as Imaq, was taken through his liver colored nostrils for future reference. Though not without the acknowledgment of a farmiliar smell -- one which reminded Kaster of the two woman who greeted him upon arrival earlier. "I was told there were mothers roaming the camp when Wintersbane introduced me. You are one of them, I presume?"

The Archer
242 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
it's all good!

Imaq's head dipped, somewhat bashfully, to be asked outright. She supposed she would have to get used to those sorts of questions. "Aya," she answered softly, nodding so Kaster would understand what the word meant. "Imaq will be mother," she confirmed, needlessly, with a small smile before adding, "Rye will be father." 

"Imaq is medicine woman and woman-who-hunts. Rye is hunter and healer. What is Kaster?"
The shepherd asked with a curious cock of her head, an open, friendly expression on her soft features since the mocha he-wolf seemed amiable enough.