Sheepeater Cliff The hot girl in your comp sci' class
9 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
Time: Evening
Weather: Overcast
Tags: @Ellansis @Reign

The boy doesn't know what force brought him here, nor why.

The domain was entirely stranger to him, foreign from everything—looks to smells. The trees stretch just a bit taller than it did back on the coast, and the air was much sweeter. The fields were full of grass with not a dirt patch in sight, seemingly free to roam and run in without a care.

It was nice.

But not a temptation Fig would indulge in. Frolicking was for the young and he was certainly, definitely, was not a little kid anymore. He had gone awry from that nature, thus he took his place on a slanted rock in the midst of the field of green, face adorned with his resting expression that would be better-called nothing more than a scowl.

'This is what adults do.' he reminded himself over and over as he looked at the domain.
6 Posts
Ooc — Lex
─────── She had wanted to see the sheep. Heard of the wild-horned ovines and was immediately filled with that childish curiosity. Insisted that Reign really, truly, did not have to come with her for this. The familiar drag of embarrassment had slowed her once eager steps down, focusing solely upon the paled paws that had belonged to her and pointedly ignoring Reign's glances. They didn't need to attend to all of Ellansis's silly wishes and desires, they've probably already seen sheep before. The doubt never seemed to leave, far too worried about troubling her companion to notice they had arrived.

Yet, it seems they are not alone. Which is new, for her, at least. Reign had been the only wolf in miles, truly been the only wolf she's really seen for seasons. There's a quick, subtle comparison between the two. The strangely-scented male, earthly-colored and adorned with a heavy scowl. Then Reign. Thick fur of kohl and a tongue as sharp as barbs, with only Ellansis to escape their wild grasp.

It makes sense to when Ellansis immediately goes to close rank with her companion. Resembling a shy cub retreating to the safety of their mother, because that's just what Ellansis did. Hid. Hiding is easy, running away keeps her life moving. Yet the wolf does not seem to stir much in their arrival, or seem too interested in letting loose. Tense, maybe.

"Nice View?" Is all Ellansis offers, choking up the two words to try and extend an olive branch. She doesn't know how Reign will react, if Reign will react. But Ellansis doesn't want to take the risk that the larger beast will delve into confrontation or not. Besides, he looks fine enough. Not that Ellansis will inch closer, but at least it's still calm in the jagged land.
( I WOULD LOVE TO BE RUINED
─────── IF IT MEANS I'M SACRED ENOUGH TO BE KEPT CLOSE )
9 Posts
Ooc —
Fig had no way of knowing how much time had passed before the sound of soft steps greeted him. A female no doubt judging by the scent that accompanied her on the wind.

He had half the mind to ignore her, to keep his distance from the stranger and duck within the confines of the field, hoping she would pass through without paying him attention—but it seems that wasn't his luck. She had already seen him, was already close.

He expected to be met with the same hostility as the swamp wolves, but to his surprise was extended a gift in the form of two words. Bewilderment took him, and Fig's ear twitched to the sound of her voice as he rose his head to meet her gaze.

Golden fur so bright it seemed woven from the sun. Eyes mismatched.
Pretty.

He quickly looked away in a haste to retreat, almost as if his attention was caught by a sudden movement amongst the meadow. He didn't know what to say, what to do, but silence was far worse as it stretched between them. And in the wake of his anxiety, in his own awkward way, managed to quietly extend his own gift in soft words. "Yes, it's quite... uh, pleasant,"
5 Posts
Ooc — Lesha

Maybe they had seen sheep before. Perhaps they had and they just didn't remember such things. A good daughter didn't focus on wildlife as if they were  leaves falling in the wind. A good daughter hunted. A good daughter fought. That's all they ever were back then. Now that they had escaped such a way of life, they went with Ellansis, not even daring to leave her side. She insisted, almost pleaded, that Reign had not needed to go along with her but the scarred beast insisted. They didn't mind, as long as Ellansis was safe. 

At the smell of a strange scent in the wind, their fur perks up. They draw their lip back and before they can even realize it, a low growl is rumbling in their throat. They can feel her pressing back to them, and they remind themselves they are safe. They are safe, and this wolf does not want to kill them, right? They are safe. They do not shake or waiver, and they stand tall, blinking their yellow eyes slowly as they shake out their onyx and gray mixed fur, trying to remind themself again that this isn't a fight. 

They listen to Ellansis offer her words, the exchange being quick but enough to make them upset. Why in the world were they looking at her like that? Had it been because they were both she wolves? Had it simply been because of Ellansis' beauty? Reign didn't consider herself that word. Ellansis was, yes, even in such a fragile state that left her scared to interact with the world, but Reign? Oh, Reign was ruined with scars. Battle wounds left them bleeding, and the scars left them with memories and a rude attitude to pair along with it. Still, their ear flicks, and they find themself gently nudging Ellansis. Perhaps they were over reacting, but just in case they hadn't been... they were always ready for a fight. "You can talk more, it's okay. I'm sure he won't hurt you." They encourage their frightened friend. They didn't have any control of anything she did, and they did not mind. They didn't want to control her. But they wanted her to realize that no matter what, nothing would happen to her because they were there to protect her, as a friend always should. 

[Image: Untitled480_20210608054128.png]

CALL ME SOMETIME, PLEASE RING MY LINE ─────── 
( THEY/SHE - NONBINARY SHE-WOLF )

6 Posts
Ooc — Lex
─────── It's a fragile balance, discolored eyes switching between the two forces. A body presses against Reign as the girl shoots them a hesitant glare, desperate for that growl to fade away as quick as it had came. She thinks it's going to get them killed one day. Or at least, it'll get her killed. Maybe Reign will just be left to bleed out. She's about to chide them, not everything is a fight, but her words are quickly swallowed at the forced movement of her body. Paws in an awkward dance to regain footing, with a low huff to voice her complaints.

Her head flits back to the earth-toned brute, then to sneer at her companion. Yeah, yeah. He's not the one growling. It could all change so easily. But then he speaks. Answers her question in a way that resembles her own speech and a bit of her hesitation melts away. Enough to pull her further away from Reign's bulky frame, moving her attention to the expanse of field.

"Sorry, about them. That's Reign. They won't..." She's lying if she continues that sentence, so it's quickly changed into a half-hearted, "They're nice." There's a bit of pity from her, he's disturbed from their entrance and now he's gotten growled at and had some coward mumble a resemblance of a greeting. "'m Ellansis." Her mouth hangs for a bit, contemplating on if she'll venture further and ask him for his name, but she's sure he'll just tell them. Or leave. Or just stay unnamed.

Another glance to Reign. It's the most she's said to anyone other than her quieter counterpart, the words feel weird in her throat. "We-I'm looking for sheep. I just want to see one. Does the rock...uh.....can you see them? Or have you?" Then they can leave. She'll just look, for a second. That's all she needs. And he can help, she thinks. While he stares at an empty meadow, she's stuck looking up to him. Not uncommon, but it feels different this time.

Maybe because he's on a rock. Who knows.
9 Posts
Ooc —
Whether it was because he was entrapped by the wheat pelted girl or the anxiety flooding his mind, Fig did not realize the other with them. Not till a growl slipped past a throat forcing his attention to snap towards them, lip trembling cautiously before he grasped it with an inhale.

He could of mistaken the beast as a Saint if ignoring the absence of swamp on her fur. The scars though—twisted and knotted flesh carved through tangled fur atop defined muscle, yellow eyes; It was always a look he would associate with that savage group. But why, he wondered, would such a stark difference of the two bring them together.

Was the golden bird a captive?

He was skeptical. "Im.. Fig," he returned in exchange, olive eyes never leaving the one introduced as Reign. "The sheep are uh, not here, I think.[b][/b]" The boy had never heard of such a thing. "What do they look like?"

He wiggled over a bit to allow the girl, only the girl, room to join him if wanted, paws tucking inward to make himself smaller as he halfway leaned off the plateau.
6 Posts
Ooc — Lex
─────── "Fig..." It's murmured a plenty before it's fossilized on both tongue and memory, in case the two were to ever cross paths again. She'll be able to call out his name, show her thanks to him in the way of remembrance. "Pretty name." Although, she supposes it's unexpected for a wolf like him. She thinks it fits someone dainty, or earthly. Perhaps she's grown too used to her own name, her mother was far too interested in codes to crack. Believed she'll end the same as her namesake, and maybe she has.

The fawn-furred canine was far too invested with his movements and words to notice the cautious gaze upon Reign, becoming blind to the exchange in attempt to explain what sheep were. This was the blind leading the blind, it seemed. But it was nice to not be alone in the lack of knowledge, and she's nearly asking if he just wants to join her and Reign. It's too soon. They just met. And really, they have no destination other than find somewhere that feels like home.

"Well, they've got big horns. But not like an elk's horn. Thick white pelts too." Her words echo the stranger's from a distant memory, some poor dog who never got the chance the Ellansis got. She hopes this will be enough, keep their memory alive and fulfill their only request of the girl.

Fig's invitation is clear, and all Ellansis does is spare a glance towards Reign, confirming their existence, before joining him. It's sweet, she thinks. Just something nice and it brings forth a shaky grin. Her distance is assured, parroting his actions and shrinking her own being. Far too aware of her own body to fully relax, and she's sure he wants his space.

"We can see them together then. Reign's probably already seen them." Ellansis is sure Reign has seen everything, felt everything. But atleast Fig can share the experience with her.
5 Posts
Ooc — Lesha

She had too much faith in the idea that Reign had seen anything more than she had in her life. It didn't even surprise them, if they were being honest because they never talked about their life. They didn't talk about their fears, where they got the scars that covered their body, why they were so aggressive. Nothing. In fact, they did just about everything to avoid it. Still, they look at the younger of the two, Fig as he said he wished to be addressed as, raising a brow for a moment. They remember being that curious once. Asking about things they did not know about. But that saying was right... curiosity killed the wolf. And it definitely killed this one.

Ellansis speaks up again, wishing to see the sheep and insisting that Reign's probably already seen them, and they only let out a soft breath from their nose. They were trying to seem less hostile than they felt but who knew if that was even working. "I've never seen sheep before." They respond, looking past the both of them. I wasn't allowed to do anything but fight and hunt. Fight and hunt. Protect. Hunt. Protect. Survive. Survive. Kill. To KILL. I'm only allowed to KILL. Their thoughts run wildly through their brain and with a snarl and shake of their head, their mind calms down enough for them to continue. They had to be nice. For her. Had Ellansis had not been trying so hard to do so... they might of passed the opportunity completely. 

"...Fig is a... interesting name." They mean nothing by it but it is their not so good attempt at trying to give a compliment. They weren't good at this. This socializing mess, as they call it. It was so much easier to just attack. "Let's go look for them." They hope, secretly, Fig would come, not for them but for Ellansis. They want nothing to do with the male wolf, and it is nothing personal but they just aren't equipped for friends. They're dangerous and even now they wonder if they are just too dangerous to be around Ellansis.

[Image: Untitled480_20210608054128.png]

CALL ME SOMETIME, PLEASE RING MY LINE ─────── 
( THEY/SHE - NONBINARY SHE-WOLF )