Hideaway Strath sakazuki
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
All Welcome 
this was a far cry from life upon her father's han.

maybe that was why she found herself here — facing the dark path. with nowhere to turn in this place except to the nanban.

her arrival comes in the late afternoon. a summer shower has left her gray fur damp and shining, but clean. when presenting gifts it is expected to be pure, not be painted like a jizo.

between her teeth hangs a fat chum salmon; it is not much of an offering.

satsu is unsure; how to stand, how to make the offering, if she should call out or merely wait with a tight hold on the gift — her inadequacy comes across as childish fidgets as she adjusts, re-adjusts, stands, sits...
growing hot in the face.

forgot tags - @Nyra @Kynareth Deagon
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Just on the borders lies a gift — a gift within in a gift. Satsu. The beautiful, but rather shy — or perhaps just not very sociable — agouti woman he got to know some time ago. He doesn’t notice her yet, he’s been moving silently across his borders when he spots her blurry, far away form appear on the horizon. The Grandmaster squints his eyes at first, unable to see. He comes closer and close then, her shape takes form. It turns more wolf by the second; more and more familiar. 

Then he sees. The woman he’d met before — hunted with, shared a meal with — standing at his borders with a plump salmon in between her jaws. He sees the fidgety behavior. It makes him smile and a mischievous glint sparkle in his gaze. He doesn’t leave her waiting any longer; it would be rude of him, especially if she comes bearing gifts. 

“Missed me?” He hums teasingly, but obviously in a good natured, friendly type of way. “A gift? For me? I’m flattered.” He adds almost softly, but the playful glint in his eye takes away from the soft tone of his rumbling voice. He wants to make her face hotter.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
joining cuz gotta get that Guardian mastery~

Nyra too, was in the immediate vicinity. 
Patrolling, yes, but also more or less hunting. 
A vole, perhaps, or something small...
A scent catches her nose, and the Empress takes off at a brisk trot, soon coming upon Kynareth and a smaller, nervous-looking female. 

Chuffing, the Overseer waved her tail as it rose above her spine, coming to stand beside Donovan with hellish amber eyes.

"These are the lands of the Saints of the Dying Light. I am Nyra, Overseer and co-leader to Kynareth. Speak your purpose." Though the flower before her didn't seem very threatening, or capable of being a threat, it was better to be safe, especially when they had children within the walls.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
edited to reference nyra, my bad.

there came the sound she waited for—not quite the bear rampaging through the green as before, but heavy enough steps to make her freeze and watch. his massive face emerged from shadow; split in a grin.

satsu does not care for his words, does not care for being here much at all, really. she is here because she must be. because there is nowhere else, and she does not think to prowl beyond the great wall. nor does she wish to turn tail and go back to the han of her father—it is not his now, she would only be dooming herself.

perhaps doom lingered close regardless; certainly if one beast were to embody the dark path it would be this man, kyn-dono, who shrouded his tiger body with shadow.

satsu reaches out and places the fish down between them both. the grass shifts to the weight of the red-bellied fish, and then she draws back.

gomen. i have nowhere else to turn.

she bows, her head level with her shoulders and then she descends so that her belly touches the grass too. she thinks about rolling over in defeat, to expose her belly for him, but that is too much of an insult to both her father's memory and herself; so this is the best she can do.

i, ushiyo satsu, bring to you this offering.
she did not raise her eyes; there was another presence soon enough, one that lingered closer to the daimyo than to herself. satsu did not like being ignorant; but she did not have to wait long for answers to come, as the stranger spoke their name.

—a jodai? no; they spoke with command. perhaps shomyo

this was not her home and so the formalities might have been too much, however, satsu knew no different. this was how pledges were done. —as well, i offer myself, to serve your han if you will have me.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kynareth’s eyes never leave her form, deciding to watch her with hardly contained interest as she drops the fish softly between them. She’s oh so respectful; the Grandmaster appreciates it, but he feels it is unnecessary now — at least with him. 

That is until Nyra approaches. He finally removes his canary gaze from Satsu, shifting it to the pale war maiden. Her words aren’t harsh, but she demands answers. Kyn chuckles softly at her, but decides to have Nyra spare the poor woman.

“Go easy, dear.” He hums with a casual, breathy laugh. “I know her. Met her a few days ago.” He informs.

Yet when he looks back, she’s lowering herself before them — a clear sign of submission. No, he wouldn’t have it. He listens to her speak though, offering herself to the Saints. An unexpected turn of events. She seemed shocked at his brutality when they’d hunted the deer not too long ago. Would she be able to handle the might and ferocity the Saints have been known to have? Perhaps only time will tell, but he welcomes her with open arms.

As he states down at her, his smile fades some. “Rise. There’s no need to show such submission.” He reassures evenly. “Perhaps for Nyra, but not me.” The Grandmaster continues after a short pause, his smile beginning to form once more. “We welcome you into the Saints, but I will warn you, we are an aggressive pack to strangers. Brutal when want to be, but we look out for our own.”

An upwards tilt of his chin and an excited glint in his eyes show. “If you’re game for that, then welcome to the hunt, darling.”
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hesitantly, Nyra relaxes as Kynareth assures her of the new female.
Ah, a recruit, it seems.

The flower shows obvious submission, to which Nyra's hellfire eyes seem to give away some form of appeasement. Listening to her co-lead and the flower, Satsu, Nyra could only nod once and turn halfway with a gaze that told of invitation. 

"This way."
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
living among the nanban would be hard and she knew this to be true, even before the daimyo spoke of it; but they seemed equally willing to give her the chance to prove herself.

satsu knew she was going down a dangerous path as soon as the snowbear moved aside to welcome her.

as the woman stood she nodded to kyn-dono. their ways were different to her. they were a bestial people, but from what she could tell of their leader, they would be capable and strong, and these were things she could learn to be.

i will be careful. the woman vows, not knowing how dangerous these creatures could be; less wolf, more demon. but it was the path laid out before her and satsu could not stop moving forward any less.

father, i will find my way—
thought satsu, seeking the shelter of giants.