Bramblepoint Opening Line
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Private 
Set on June 12th. Early afternoon. Partly cloudy. For @Draggonfly

Again, Keyni ventured away from Moonglow. She enjoyed immersing herself in their company. Kukutux, she had an especially strong connection to. There were plenty of appealing comforts of her home, but outside, beyond it, the vast wilds begged to be explored. Opportunities calling to be snatched up and taken. She was anything if not productive. Wasting a good opportunity just wasn't her style. And besides, the more variety of nature she could surround herself with, even a day at a time, the happier she was.

She had been to this particular forest before, the Bramblepoint. But only briefly and she hadn't ventured in deep enough to explore it completely. From what she had seen back then, she knew that in the spring and summer months, like now, the trees and shrubs would be bearing fruit. Just waiting to be picked or harvested. Knowing this, along the way she had picked up an abandoned birds nest deposited on the ground, having fallen out of it's perch in a tree. It would make for a suitable carrying basket while she browsed, stocking up on an alternative, sweeter food source for the packs stores.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
There was something about an orchard landscape that drew him in; like bee to honey (or like Dragonfly to honey, he hated bees). It was almost summer, which meant every tree that once blossomed like a cherry tree, would now bring forth fruit. While apples were mostly sweet 'n sour, cherries were lovely, delicious and sweet. As an extra bonus, sweet cherries would draw in birds. Little feathery friends who were difficult to catch but nice to eat. Quit exotic meat, save for the feathers which were the drawback.

Having been so lost in his own thoughts, Dragonfly didn't realize he nearly bumped into another wolf who also casually enjoy the forest for a midday stroll. Oops, he figured as he skidded to a full stop before nearly being caught in a collision course with the other wolf. Luckily he (and the other wolf) were only at walking speed, nothing that would cause serious harm. However; his chance at good first impressions would be blown.

Blinking, he was distracted by the sight of the bird nest. Dragonfly didn't understand its function so he asked: "Are you mother goose?"
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
She had not been expecting to find anyone else out this way. Much less quite literally nearly run right into another wolf. A sudden flash of white fur appeared before her, way too close for comfort. Just as she was about to call to get their attention before he bumped into her, she made an awkward attempt to back up. Neither of them had been walking fast, so little harm would have been done even if they did bump. 

At first glance, the stranger reminded her very much of Adrastus. He had the white fur and similarly colored eyes. But his build was lankier. He carried no scent but his own. And his demeanor, was certainly a far cry from that of the humble first hunter of her pack. Ears flicking back, her fine brows rose at his curious question. He had been staring at the nest she was carrying, but she didn't see why he'd dub her as this Mother Goose. Dropping the item gingerly at her paws, she replied with a pleasant but still uncertain expression. "The last time I checked, I didn't have any feathers. Why, should I?" She dared to jest, slightly playful.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Oh gosh, Dragonfly was all about keeping a respectable distance from wolves he didn't quite know well yet. Only seconds after their initial encounter did he start to realize that he nearly bumped into another wolf, at walking-speed even, mind you. Even his grandmother could watch out better than him! Realizing the consequences, his cheeks flushed tomato-red and he felt a sudden warmth of embarrassment flooding his senses for a second there. The foolishness didn't stop there: he even asked if she was some kind of mother goose. By this time he wanted to run as far away as he could because anxiety popped up, he felt like the king of fools.

"Ooof course not." He proclaimed with a loud but shaky voice as he was trying to keep both his cool and to recollect himself once more. The last thing Dragonfly wanted was to go to the gliding swing and swing even further into the depths of foolishness. Wolves didn't have feathers and that he considered a good thing. "What's up with the eggs then? I- I mean I have never seen wolves with eggs. The combination sounds strange to me." Deciding to skip to an easier topic, the alabaster male bobbed his head and introduced himself. "I'm Dragonfly." King of fools.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Her effort to try and dissolve the awkwardness of the situation between them seemed to have failed. The white male got some color in his cheeks, likely provoked by her jest of a question. Trying to assure him she had meant it all in harmless fun, Keyni allowed a soft hum of a chuckle. She stepped back to give them both some more space, shaking out her fur and letting the hairs fall back into their natural place.

Glancing down at the trio of eggs still sitting neatly in the birds nest, her ears flickered while she tried to cure his confusion. "It is a little uncommon, yes. But eggs are rich in protein, which makes them a nice snack." She offered another thin smile. "I only happened upon the nest with them in it by chance, which I plan to use while collecting some berries." Nodding pleasantly, she returned his greeting. "Nice to meet you Draggonfly. I am Keyni."
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
http://www.whitewolfpack.com/2014/05/arc...e-art.html

Cool, didn't know wolves eat eggs :D

---

"Oooohhh..." It was as if the cord of a light bulb was pulled very slowly, at first a light flickered on softly, then off again and with a tighter pull the light bulb switched on. A puzzled expression upon his facial features slowly but certainly turned into an understanding one. Eggs, his mind mused, wolves could eat eggs.

"Keyni, it's a pleasure to meet you. You not only meet new faces but learn something new every day." He said with a gentle smile, happy that he met the female. A pack-scent tightly clung to her fur and it was almost as if she was on her way home with a basket filled with groceries; either that or she became the wolfish version of Little Red Riding-hood. "Um, how would you eat those eggs?" Dragonfly inquired again with his own grocery basket, one filled with a soup of curiosity. Ears were focused sidewards as he bit his lips -- uncertain if that question was actually very silly or stupid.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
I just love him! <3

She nodded agreeably, quite happy that they had literally nearly bumped into each other. "That's so true. Keeping the mind fresh like that is always a benefit." With her tail waving gently behind her, the summer time foliage, her soft looks and the little nest to top it off, she could have very well been plucked right out of a certain well known fairy tale.

She took Draggonfly's question in stride. He needn't fret over it, for she felt there was no such thing as a silly question. "The most common way is to eat them just as they are." She began with a natural, easy patience. A willingness to explain. "The inner contents contain the most nutrients, but the shell can be consumed as well, if you don't mind a bit of a crunch against your teeth." She then remembered an old tidbit she had learned long ago. "Oh, and some egg shells are tougher to break through than others, depending on the size and species of bird that lays them."
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Awww thanks <3

----

Ooohh, insight had flown over the coo-coo's nest and straight into his brain, it was as if he had learned an entire new feature about eggs. They were strange things anyway, birds said on top of them for quite a long time, keeping them warm until a baby bird came out of it. It was as if wolves were brought by the eastern bunny instead of saying hello to the world for the first time, straight out of their mother's womb. The Easter egg, in this story, was that Dragonfly would forever look different at eggs now that his knowledge on the subject had grown, and so had a part of his brain.

He listened to how Keyni had explained in detail how eggs could be eaten and its protein would be beneficial for the body. His ears rotated an extra one or two times when she spoke of a crunch against the teeth. Suddenly feeling like a T-Rex who wanted to have eggs crunching against his teeth of steel. "Thanks for the information." He said, grateful for her explanation. His next words wouldn't come entirely as a surprise, he figured. "Hey, do you want to go egg hunting with me?" Dragonfly asked while almost using the puppy-eyes-card; he figured she could use some more eggs for her pack and he could use some ..eggs crunching against his teeth.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
As a wolf who was always interested in learning more than she already knew, Keyni was usually happy to share and pass it on to others. It made her feel good, knowing she could play a part in making someone else just a little bit better than they already were. And this pale wolf, Draggonfly, seemed to be a willing subject, soaking it all in like a sponge.

His offer, his plea, complete with a near puppy eyed look, was one she was unable to resist. Chuckling gently, lightly, she caved in. "Well, egg hunting wasn't my primary agenda today. I was hoping to forage for berries and fruit instead." Her eyes twinkled as a small smile grew on her lips, playful. "If you'd like to join me in gathering up some fruit, then I don't see why we can't hunt down some more eggs while we are at it."