Hideaway Strath i don't live in california, i'll inform you,
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
Birth 
ahhh im awful and this was supposed to be posted on the 8th. (So this is dated for 06/08/2021.) @Vein is probably the only person Aerin would let inside the den due to her history and such but @Kynareth and @Nyra would be welcome for cameos! Everyone else will have to risk the wrath of an angry Vein/Aerin lol (she still loves y'all tho! ) I'll be posting with Momo once I get her account activated.

The contractions had started well over a week ago, coming and going in spurting waves that worsened from being somewhat uncomfortable to downright unbearable. It was a pain she recognized well, having borne a litter of her own once before and having helped numerous women bring their own children into this world. At first, she didn't mention it to her husband. She didn't want him to fret over her, especially when the contractions weren't even regular yet. Plus, she was already confined to a close circumference surrounding their densite -- given that it was getting hard to move around and her nesting instincts were driving her to stay close to home and her mate -- and was already beginning to feel a little stir-crazy.

It was only when they settled into a regular routine that she clued Vein in, retiring to their den entirely shortly afterwards to wait out the seemingly endless hours of her early labor. It was easier to rest at this stage, the halfling alternating between curling against the pelts lining the floor of their dwelling or leaning on Vein tiredly when a contraction struck, only to hop up again and pace as she grew restless -- silently worrying despite the fact that her pregnancy had gone well and everything seemed indicative of a healthy delivery. Occasionally, she attempted to drink from the sodden moss her lover offered her or go and empty her bladder -- leaning on her mentor's broad shoulder for support as she waddled about, anxious even on those short trips to and from their den. She was grateful for Vein, for she didn't think she would have had the courage to go outside without him next to her -- her anxiety kicking into overdrive as her delivery loomed. For the most part though, her world had shrunken to the spasms wracking her body every few minutes.

She knew she had to be in active labor now, as the pains were growing closer together and more intense -- seeming to draw her muscles in of their own accord, the tension bunching in her muscles until it wrapped around her tiny frame and stole her breath, leaving her shivering with exhaustion whenever the pain faded away. The silver doe curved against the bloodletter's chest as another crested and climaxed, drawing a hoarse groan of a scream from her throat, as if he could physically shelter her from the pain -- her thin features burrowing into his thick pelt as she gulped his scent in, hoping it might comfort her even a little bit.

"I zink now.." the midwife panted, having to pause as she shuddered against him in an effort to remain on her feet -- the pain too much for her to bear sitting or lying down -- as the contraction dwindled. "..vould be a good time fer ze 'erbs." At this point, she would've taken anything he offered without hesitation -- her mind tunneling on the need to get the pup(s) out and stop the agony she was undergoing.

"You see, I got a bullet for a tooth and
I'm gonna use it to shoot you."
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
Vein stayed close to the den lately keeping an eye on his wife, he took pleasure in the comfort she sought and received with him. He monitored her closely never having the chance to be this close to the pregnant female for this long, He asked her endless questions and sought to find the right herbs to make her as comfortable as possible it became his goal in life even to the point where he neglected the gods for these past few weeks. He’d have to find a way to make it up to the gods lest they exact payment of a sort he was not willing to pay. However he could not bare to leave her side, not even to bless the Cenote he found deep within the caves.

Sleeping had been uncomfortable for him, his ribs though mostly healed still ached when he lay on them. Or at least he remembered that pain. He had taken to making a poppy seed and stem tea. It was far stronger then ingesting the seeds alone. Though if it were made to strong it could be lethal he had to be careful he tried to hide his tea making only making it when he made tea for her.  He almost wanted to tell her what to watch for should he overdose accidentally but he could not bring himself to. He didn’t want to worry her.

No matter how much tea he made for her she seemed less able to sleep until exhaustion overtook her, when that happened he’d lay awake and watch over her and keep guard as if he could protect her from her past demons. Though he could not, he sure as heck did try.

He was worried for his Angel of the Light she seemed more and more uncomfortable, He brought her herbs and water and anything he could could think of, he didn’t want to smother her but he needed something to do. He was eager to do her bidding and offer her his body when she could use him, he also offered murmurs of encouragement. When her voice came amongst the pained sounds he hurried to make her wishes real. He wished he could make her pain go away bare it for her. 

He returned with his birthing tincture and unstoppered it pouring a measure into a skull mug with was just a couple laps. In the birthing tincture was a natural oxytocin herb that would help the uterus contractions he also brought her the raspberry leaves and poured a measure of arnica tincture to help with the pain. He touched his muzzle to her cheek. His voice was a soft rumble “You are doing well My Heart, things are moving along smoothly, do not fear. But take these things to help your body along it’s journey.”  He surprised himself, he was not the mess he'd thought he’d be, instead he felt proud, proud for his wife whom was giving birth to life. She was a god in her own right, taking something so small as an act of love and turning it into life itself.

Though her pain unnerved him; He forced himself to remain calm and offer her whatever support he could taking cues from her to be where she needed him to be.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn wasn’t too far away from their den when he hears a soft scream. No matter how quiet or loud, he recognizes the voice as Aerin. His ears shift and he stills for a moment. He remembers seeing her belly beginning to swell to the point of bursting these last few weeks and he automatically connects it to said scream. He takes of into a brisk trot, knowing she wouldn’t be alone, for Vein is usually always on her heels. 

When he nears, he slows himself and chuffs loudly to let the expecting parents know of his presence. Keeping a fair distance from the den just in case his presence is unwanted. 

The Grandmaster moves at an angle that would allow him to peek into the den. “Vein, Aerin,” He calls easily. “Is it going well?” He asks, soft concern lacing itself into his deep voice. 

He knows she’s in birth, he can smell it and knows the scent well by now. He needs to check in though, knowing of Aerin’s past, he wants to make sure everything is okay. He wants her to be happy and he knows these pups will do just that.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel

Things had grown hazy, distant -- her focus shrinking to what her body was undergoing, to the impending arrival of her child. When Vein nudged the skull-mug of birthing tincture and arnica towards her, she drank dutifully -- hardly noticing any unpleasant flavors in the liquids or from the mouthful of raspberry leaves she'd eaten. Kyn's arrival was drowned out by another particularly intense contraction, which left Vein to answer him as her muscles rippled -- The Priestess curling in on herself, hunching over her own body as pressure weighed on her pelvis and begged the need to push.

It took several more heartbeats, a span of time that lasted less than an hour but felt like eons, before her body began to tighten and push with the contractions. Aerin bore down with each one instinctively, a dim excitement brewing in her beneath all the pain and chaos -- she would meet their first child soon. A heavy weight passed through her lower body, a searing and stretching sensation causing the she-wolf to grimace as she finally brought their daughter into the world. 

Without being prompted, Aerin quickly pulled the mass to her blood-stained underbelly -- tearing the birthing sac open and freeing the dark, damp pup within. She curled around the babe protectively, rasping her tongue fervently over the newborn as her lungs cleared with a tiny gurgle and she began to wail in little warbling shrieks. After a time, The Priestess tucked the baby against her, nudging and prodding her into place until she latched and began to nurse. 

It became clear as the single pup fed and her placenta delivered that she would be the only that the Bonesplinter bore that year, her contractions fading and ceasing shortly after the organ was expelled. Though she was exhausted, some anxious part of her couldn't help but remember her first delivery and what had happened to that daughter.

Her moonlit gaze wandered wearily to Vein, flickering indecisively as she searched for some sign that he was angry -- for what reason she could not have said, perhaps because they had only had one child or maybe because it was a girl child. She hunkered ever so slightly lower over their daughter, a low and placating noise rumbling from her throat beseechingly. Her tail beat against the den's floor, ears fanning against her skull as her tongue rasped along her chops in a submissive manner. 

Remembering Kynareth, her gaze flickered to the entrance of the dwelling, the sound humming in  her throat again -- don't hurt us. 

13 Posts
Ooc —

Things had changed before. The blip of sentience that would inevitably become Momotzli had blinked into existence as an invisible orb in the black expanse of her galaxy, a big bang of life bursting into being from within her mother's womb. She had floated here for as long as she had, learning what there was to be learned -- and things had changed when she learned. After a time, she could perceive the red hot glow of sunlight as it rained down on her dam or the movement of water as she bathed in the river. She could hear the rumbling murmurs of her mother's voice, her father's too. She even learned to differentiate who was touching Aerin's belly, gaining the capability of pressing back against the touch through her mother's skin.

But this change was jarring, disturbing. The walls around her were moving, starting first with tiny flutters and trembles that soon gave way to heaving and squeezing pressure. The child could not say for sure where the pressure was forcing her to go but she had no choice in the matter, despite how she squirmed in the Life-Giver's womb -- protesting, trying to remain nestled in the safety net of the Giver's body.

She was expelled all the same, torn from the cocoon of the sac that sheltered her delicate form and thrust into the cool air of a summer evening -- shocked cries screeching from her tiny pink maw, which was already stained with a birthmark of rosy wine, as the wet sensation of being groomed overwhelmed her senses. 

At last, she was wrapped in the warmth of her mother's body and offered the newfound comfort of milk, completely unaware of any tension surrounding her as she gulped down her first meal greedily. 
Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The H-meno’ob nodded in pride as with alabaster angel took the medicine’s without further prompting, it was up to him to care for her and their young ones he had done all he could to make her birthing as smooth as possible. He nodded in careful respect to the grandmaster “Things seem to be going smoothly Kynareth, only time will tell.”

The over large male turned sharply at the sounds his female made and he caught sight of their pup, slipping so smoothly from her mother that he almost missed it. His eyes glistened as he beheld the beauty of birth for the first time and not fear of what might become of a patient. He looked on in adoration for the woman whom took their love and made it manifest then gave it a glorious beginning.

His golden orbs shone like the sun as he beheld his wife and … his nose caught up with the moment… Daughter. He thought nothing more of anything else, he did not notice that she finished the birthing process as his world shrank and yet grew to be just these two females.

He forgot all about the grandmaster as he came to Aerin’s side with a soft whine he rasped his tongue over her face trying to smooth out whatever worry marred her features, He was unsure why she’d be worried, it never crossed his mind to ask for more then he received. He was gloriously happy with their pup. He ran his nose all over their infants body taking in the scent that mixed with blood and birth fluids but was uniquely hers and he committed it to memory for all time. Only then did he rasp his tongue over his daughter’s tiny body as she took in her first meal.

Vein buried his muzzle in his wife’s neck and whispered, his rich deep voice filled with awe “You have done amazing my love, the gods have blessed us this day.” He went back to marvelling his two girls and the beauty with which they enhanced his life just by being part of it.
"But if I live, I win,"
345 Posts
Ooc — R/Rachel
gonna go ahead and post this next round but there's no posting order so feel free to post replies whenever. :)

Her irrational fears melted away, tensing and then relaxing as Vein inched closer and smoothed the fretful wrinkles from her face with a rasp of his tongue. There was still an instinct to snap her fangs as he reached for the babe at her breast, her creamy coat turned to a dark strawberry blonde from all the blood, but The Priestess managed to swallow the feeling down -- reminding herself that he was not Aliroth and Kynareth would never let anyone hurt her that way again. 

Remembering her friend then, the Saluki's eyes found him by the entrance and she gave him a shy smile. "Zank ye fer coming, Donav," she murmured softly, fondly, as she glanced down at the baby -- her baby. "I almost cannae vait ta see 'er running vith yer boys." Whatever did or didn't happen between the two wolfdogs, whatever they might've been, she would always cherish his friendship -- and she would always be grateful for the fact that it hadn't changed things between them. 

She pressed against Vein as he embraced her, a grateful smile gracing her scarred lips as she beamed up at him -- tail wagging with the joy of the occasion and the pride her husband's words had instilled. She glanced between the two men, her words a bit hesitant when they lingered on Vein for a moment -- uncertain if they would inspire any offense.

"She is Momotzli. Momotzli Ix Chel Bonesplinter. Ze gods vill know 'er -- an' ze pack vill too in time," she promised The Grandmaster with a small grin, knowing that both she and the pup would be scarcely seen in the upcoming weeks.

Healer & Shaman Priest
219 Posts
Ooc —
The shaman felt her stiffen and relax he almost fled right then, knowing a mother’s wrath was to be avoided at all cost, he feared a birthing mother more then a bear. As soon as he was able he murmured to her “I’ll be close by, you and our daughter rest. Call out and I’ll return” He picked up tools and things transporting them from the den.

Once outside he exhaled softly looked at his right fore limb then bit his own leg above the dew claw and tore his skin, then he lifted his paw and smeared the blood over his eye and down his muzzle. Pausing to allow the blood to drip upon the ground. The shaman repeated to process to his left leg tearing into his own leg then painting his face with the blood.

He closed his blood coated eyes and hummed a wordless chant, shaking his right fore leg flicking blood upon his chest and the ground and then he picked up his left fore leg and shook it sending droplets of blood all over upon his own chest and scattering blood upon the  ground.

He did then a few more times alternating legs, once he was satisfied and his legs had began to clot and the bleeding had stopped on it’s own he then tilted his head skyward and howled a song to the gods singing them his daughter’s name.

There would be a bigger ceremony but this would serve for now.