Ouroboros Spine xxv. pick it all up
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Trade 
AW (but this one is for @Keyni if you'd be interested) chronicler #3 (historian)

Lótë couldn't deny that she had been entirely confident that the remaining survivors of village Glen would merge with the members of Moonglow but her presumptions had proven unfounded for it seemed that a single member of their numbers chose to stay in the end. The herdwatcher had heard that they were kin to the moonwife but perhaps they were not so close that this would be enough to inspire them to stay. Regardless, the dove thought it might be nice to welcome the woman to their tribe.

A thought came to her as she tracked the other agouti through the blackpine of the Spine's upper ring, carrying a small grouse in her jaws -- an offering of sorts, a house-warming gift. Perhaps the woman might be able to assist the artisan in her quest of memorizing the history and customs of Moonglow -- by offering insight into Kukutux's former sister pack.
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Keyni found adjusting to life in Moonglow easy. She had already spent a considerable amount of time here at the Spine before officially becoming a member. Added to that, she was familiar with many of the faces in the pack, save for a handful. And, she also knew the great majority of the territory well. There were still corners left undiscovered, waiting to be explored. Surprises to be had. The season of Spring, with its warmth and sunlight kept her spirits high, even if her thoughts did occasionally wander to Antares and how he was faring out there on his own.

The remains of her lunch time meal were carried securely in her jaws. She had been successful in catching a beaver down by the stream that fed the lake, quite happy to keep the population in check. The paddle shaped tail was all that remained. From her many studies, the Tundrian female knew it to be rich in fats and nutrients. If left out in the sun to dry for a couple of days, it might make a nice jerky-like snack, just for wolves. She would conduct her experiment just as soon as she found a suitable place to settle, away from any scavengers. 
449 Posts
Ooc —
Aiwëndil glanced up, catching a flicker of movement through the trees -- gait picking up into a brisk trot to investigate. It turned out to be just who the herbalist was looking for, coincidentally, and the mouse's peridot gaze sparked with excitement as it landed on Keyni. She chuffed in greeting, the noise muffled by the pheasant she carried. 

The she-wolf slowed and eventually stopped, sitting the bird at her paws where she stood before smiling at the woman -- tail wagging joyfully. "Hello, she chirped softly, "I'm Lótë." A wispy melody of birdsong laughter escaped the two-year. "I thought to welcome you with this catch but it seems you are also a hunter. Moonglow has many fine ones," she complimented, proud of their village.

367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
Keyni always greeted others pleasantly and  Lótë was no different. A friendly chuff in greeting came from behind. Her ears swiveled, catching the sound. A glance back showed her the approaching image of the fawn female heading her way, Turning so she could meet her, her own tail cut through the air happily.

A warm smile and a friendly step closer. "It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Lótë. I'm Keyni." She returned in her own soft, smooth voice. Having deposited the beaver tail by her paws, her jade eyes wandered to the pheasant Lótë had brought with her. "Oh..." She began, feeling slightly guilty of having already caught herself some lunch. She recovered easily, gratitude still in her voice and on her face. "Well, it may not be my top specialty, but it is something I enjoy. I feel right at home." She laughed lightly, breezily. Hating to let the offering go un-accepted, a twinkle came to her eyes, contrasting shades of greens meeting. She nudged the tail towards her. "Here. Accept this as a token of my friendship. I was planning to see how it would take letting the meat cure in the sun...but, I can always harvest another one." 
449 Posts
Ooc —
The herbalist practically beamed to be accepted so readily, hoping she might find the same camaraderie with Keyni that she had in the other women of their village. It reminded her strongly of home, at least before things had gone south and she had been shunned by the majority of their community. But she pushed the darker thoughts away, grateful to remain in the present -- where she was Lótë, a welcome member of Moonglow.

"And you as well," she chirped politely, offering the wren a kind smile. "What is your main specialty then, if you don't mind my asking? Hunting isn't my chosen profession either, you see," she admitted, wondering then if the she-wolf knew about the two societal circles that had developed within their pack. She refrained from asking just yet, not wanting to bombard the poor woman with excited chatter.

"Are you sure?" the birdwatcher asked uncertainly with a small tilt of her head at Keyni's offer, seeing as the other seemed a bit reluctant to part with her beaver tail. She had been raised to never turn away a favor or gift from a packmate, as it would be construed as rude, but she didn't want the former Glen wolf to feel as though she had to give her something in return. "I don't mind if you would rather try drying it in the sun, just let me know how it turns out," she chuckled lightly.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
"I haven't decided on what role I will pursue." She offered. "But my talent I believe is in observing and understanding all elements of nature. Not just hunting, or the prey." If Lótë was of a similar mind as she, then she would understand that an ecosystem's health depended on not one, but multiple living organisms within it. Take one away, or one imbalance and it as a whole would suffer. "I have also considered simply...being there for those who need it. But that kind of role takes trust, which takes time." She had never been the type to step on anyone else's toes, or push when not needed. If Moonglow wanted or needed a counselor, then it would be of their choosing.

She contemplated Lótë's counter, as she offered that she hang on to the tail a little while longer. In the end, she met her halfway. "Hm. How about this? I will hold onto it and let the aging process begin while you are here? Unless...you have any place to be?" She inquired, peering softly to her emeralds. She wasn't busy today and she certainly would love the chance to spend some quality time with who she hoped would be another friend.
449 Posts
Ooc —
If she'd been happy and excited to meet Keyni before, the dove was all but ecstatic now -- for it was one of the ecologist's most beloved passions to observe and study the world around her. With her companion's suggestion, Lótë nodded eagerly as she tried to restrain the exuberant wagging of her tail. "I'd be delighted to!" 

"If nature is fascinating to you, then I have a place you might like to see? It's only a little clearing in the forest,"
she suggested, gesturing momentarily in the direction they might take with her muzzle, "but many animals pass through and there are numerous insects that call it home. It also makes for good stargazing turf."

The reclusive two-year had often passed time there whenever she wasn't with Adrastus or Kukutux -- when hunting or painting or curing hides hadn't captured her attention that was. It was a peaceful place, perfect for watching the rain fall to the earth or to watch the robins hop along in search of worms in the morning.
367 Posts
Ooc — Mai
Away
A warm smile grew on her lips, her fluffy tail mirroring that of [size=small]Lótë's upon seeing her delight. There was a place she knew of, happily willing to share it with Keyni. How could she turn down such a wonderful offer? A place perfect for observing a plethora of creatures big and small. "That sounds wonderful! I'd love to!" [/size]

[size=small]To top it off it was also good for stargazing. An activity that she was fond of, but had not partaken in for some time. Her curiosity and excitement grew by the second, and the usually composed Keyni struggled to keep from wriggling. "By all means, lead the way I am sure we can learn much from each other." She pranced towards her, grabbing the beaver tail on the way. A light, playful nudge to her shoulder was an invitation to chase after her, or run on ahead. She was really starting to feel like she might have just found another true kindred spirit.[/size]
449 Posts
Ooc —
some pp with this one, just lmk if i need to edit!

Lótë might have let out a playful yip, if she hadn't already scooped up the ptarmigan to follow after Keyni. Instead, her pale emeralds sparkled with mischief and she dipped into a playful bow before darting after her newfound friend.

Eventually, she bypassed the taller agouti to lead the way towards her hidden clearing. It had become a sort of hideaway for Lótë ever since joining Moonglow and was similar to one of Kukutux's spirit places, though not quite as sacred. Here, she often retreated into the forest to meditate, watch the fauna of the woodland, cure her pelts and dry herbs, or worship the simple gods of her homeland. The religion of Elennanórë was not so private, however. Such places might be shared with others, usually those that were closer in relationship than she was to Keyni but she felt an affinity with the silver-gilded wren and thought that the spirits would be accepting of her presence.

She slowed as they neared the clearing, dipping to hold a low branch aside to reveal a break in the thick foliage and usher Keyni through to the idyllic clearing on the other side. The meadow was thick with grass and bordered by blossoms and weeds, encircled in a lopsided loop by heavy woodland and shrubbery. Lótë's stargazing rock sat on the eastern edge of the space, a few pelts draped over it or piled up on the ground near its base. Though not quite visible at this distance, a few small caches had been dug in the ground near the stone and an arrangement of trinkets was organized upon a log nearby.

Lótë trotted towards the stone, ears flickering to capture the melody of birdsong and the babble of a brook murmuring quietly in the background -- not far from the hidden glen. She placed the bird upon the ground and pulled a larger deerhide over for them to rest upon before settling on it comfortably and offering Keyni a seat with a glance of invitation.