Cedar Sweep McD's specialty: Rabbit Burger
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
All Welcome 
A pang of hunger ripped through his stomach, making him uncomfortably aware that he needed food. The berries Dragonfly ate two days ago simply wouldn't provide enough energy to last much longer. Before the berries he remembering snacking on some dead meat with a flavor that was so horribly disgusting that he would rather eat beetle dung next time. While food was more plenty during the spring and summer season, it was still difficult to find anything tasty that wouldn't run and chicken away at the sight of the wolfish predator. Dragonfly dreaded the day when winter would roll around and the only reason he had to join a pack was to have strength in numbers to challenge big prey. If he would join a pack, he figured, it would hopefully be for different reasons all together.

It was at Cedar Sweep that he strolled around the area, trying to follow the faint scent of rabbits who scurried nearby. Another pang of hunger came in like a karate kid on a wrecking ball and for a second there he had to recollect himself not to chase after the rabbits like a hungry madman. If he were to succeed, he had to pick a strategy and think things through. From a safe distance and with the wind in his favor he settled down while carefully observing a burrow with some rabbits who also had tiny rabbits. Tiny rabbits like rabbit nuggets. With tongue he licked his leathery lips as he anticipated how he would spend the next moments before the hunt began.

Did somebody at McD order a rabbit burger?
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn is doing his alpha-ly duties: marking the edge of his territory. Yet, his pack holds so many bodies and his hunger for power doesn’t let him keep just the strath. He oftentimes ventures into the sweep to mark there as well, or at least scope things out. Today is no different. 

The massive man moves at a languid trot until he catches a white blob in his peripheral. He stops, turns, and watches. Squinting yellowed eyes, he moves closer, only to realize that this blob makes itself out to be a wolf. He smiles — of deviousness and mischief. This should be fun.

As he trots closer, he purposely doesn’t silence his footfalls. He even grins when he realizes the other is trying to stalk down a few rabbits. Purposely stepping on a twig or two and alerting the rabbits of his presence, which makes them scatter. He stops a comfortable distance away from the pale wolf. He acts oblivious to the hunt he’s ruined. If the man wants to hunt, Kyn would help him hunt the right way: by hunting real prey like deer. 

So he schools his devious expression into one that seems much more casual and interested before he speaks. “Evening, stranger.” He hums pleasantly. “What brings you around these parts?” Comes his inquiry, tone conversational and perhaps even friendly. But the playful glint in his sun kissed eyes never leaves.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Oh dear, Dragonfly was living up to the thrill of the hunt. An electric tingle ran down his spine as he anticipated to dive in at the perfect moment while bathing in a hunter's thrill for the kill. And while the moment to strike drew near, another wolf purposely stood on a twig and alerted the rabbits that danger was near. Disappointed by the sound, he saw them all retreat back inside their little burrows. Then a few curses followed nearly inaudible as he wondered who or what could be so stupid. Grumpiness followed once more after a roaring pang of hunger grumbled in his gutter.

The alerting sound was caused by a wolf and a big one at that. The other wolf towered much higher than the medium-sized Dragonfly. There was an air of enigma and mischief that lingered around the other wolf and Dragon was drawn to it like a moth to a flickering flame. In any other situation he might feel upset and disappointed now that his opportunity to hunt rabbit passed by but in this moment he only saw opportunities and chances. Because -- hello -- this was Jason Momoa in sheep's, no in wolf clothing. Who could resist? Not Dragonfly.

"Evening." He replied casually while contemplating all his options. "Hunting." He added. He wasn't quite sure whether he could trust the other wolf; that feeling was caused by either his size or the mysterious air that surrounded him. Despite a rather unwary feeling, he decided to take the chance and test out how far his luck would get him. "Care to join in on the adventure?" Dragonfly asked half-foolish, half-brave. Of course that question was related to hunting: but he wasn't quite sure how Kynareth would interpret it.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn actually thinks he’s going to get some attitude from the other wolf when he ruins his hunt. Yet, he gets nothing such. Rather, the other turns towards him, gives him a healthy once more and greets him politely. This makes Kyn tilts his head in subtle surprise. 

The others voice graces his ears and Kyn’s own perk up and cup towards him. Yes, he knew that. He was hunting, but it’s the words that follow that make his easy going smile grow a bit larger. 

Care to join in on the adventure?

Actually, he’d absolutely love to. His curled tail wags softly at his hips and his smile contorts his face handsomely. “Oh? An invitation?” He purrs, moving closer to the other. “How could I say no?” 

After stopping only a fair two feet’s from the other the Grandmaster juts his chin up to him. “Kynareth Deagon, alpha of the Saints.” He introduces smoothly. “And who might you be, peaches?” The nickname rolls from his maw easily. Always so used to calling others odd, or even endearing names no matter his relationship with them.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Dragonfly was truly in awe with the wolf, he was large, bulky and impressive. But while in awe; he wasn't entirely foolish to be fearful or afraid. This wolf probably had many others that he crossed paths with that were probably shying away or cowering behind some bush. Opposition was probably squished like a bug underneath his heavy paws. Yeah, Dragonfly was good at assessing other wolves (..or so he thought). 

When Kyn came closer, so did the medium-sized white wolf set a step forward so that he could whisper his ideas to the large male. But before he could give his insights about an old, sick but gigantic elk nearby -- Kynareth introduced himself as the alpha of the Saints. Say what? Dragonfly believed the part about being alpha. But the name of Saints? Shouldn't Sinners be a better definition? Or Aquaman and the aquawolves? After all, Kynareth hardly looked like a pope of sorts; but a big, bad, bad guy. Oh yes!

"Dragonfly is the name. I'm without any alignments to a pack." The alabaster male replied. "But what's up with the Saints name? I mean, you hardly look like a Saint. More like a sinner." Or .."Or am I wrong and mistaken, Ky-Ky?" That opportunity to hunt had to wait for a question or two because Dragonfly was standing on slippery ice. Oh well: curiosity did kill the cat, after all.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
The Grandmaster is almost surprised as the other also moves closer. He seems eager to get on with the hunt, until Kyn is preventing him from doing so with feeble introductions. 

Dragonfly. Cute. He can’t help but think as the other reveals his name. It rather fits him and all his pale glory, fiery personality. It makes the alpha chuckle softly when he continues on about the Saints name. Then that nickname — Ky-Ky. Oh Kynareth likes him already. And he shows this by releasing a hearty bark of laughter his way, dangerous teeth in display as he does so. 

Kyn lowers his head as if to tell a secret and chuckles, smirk still plastered onto his face. “You’re not wrong at all, dear. That’s the point.” He references the Saints name. “We’re definitely not Saints, that’s for sure.” He cackles the last bit with some sadistic excitement that glimmers in his canary orbs. And he loves not being a Saint either.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Pang. Another grumble of his stomach indicated that his hunger levels were raising once more. He could not entirely ignore the feeling of an empty gutter, even though he was equally curious to the name of Ky's pack. Nostrils flared deeply as the wind passed by while picking up the faint scent of the old elk. With so much brawn of the Jason Mamoa-wolf, he could already taste victory and imagine the head of the elk on a stick.

"Doesn't that make your pack sinners then, Ky-Ky?" Dragonfly wanted to know, his eyes gleaming up secretively at the thought. Suddenly a memoirs of bad ideas flushed through his mind. Although the alabaster-white male was naturally aligned to be neutral since he had a good heart, it was fun to flirt with the dark side. After all, didn't the dark side offer cookies? "What is the worst thing you have done?"

Ky-ky had cackled with excitement and suddenly Dragonfly felt the same rush of adrenaline as he felt like he was dangerously close to dance with the dark side.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Is that a grumble of a stomach he hears? Now, he almost feels bad for interrupting his previous hunt. The poor man seems damn hungry. So as Kyn watches him flare his nostrils in an easy, low key sniff, he also does so. Smelling the same thing he smells. 

He’s brought back by his voice though. Doesn’t that make your pack sinners, Ky-Ky? Yes, it definitely does. So at that he laughs once more. This man likes to play with fire, for his next words make Kyn reflect in ways he probably shouldn’t. It brings dark memories, but not unwelcome ones. Golden orbs flicker with a sadistic excitement at the thought of them, but he will not go into detail.

“You could say that.” He hums casually to his first statement, a sly smile attached to it. 

Then he starts walking with a bump to the others shoulder, riding the scent of the elk the two had smelt earlier. Looking back to him with a mischievous ‘follow me’ look in his colorful eyes.

The dark side definitely has cookies (Kyn knows this), hence why he’s been there for so long. But he answers Dragonfly’s next daring question with another deep roll of quick laughter. 

“You don’t wanna know the things I’ve done, sweetheart.” He purrs as he trots.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
There was something about the Jason Mamao-wolf that caused a slight change in Dragonfly's demeanor; he became tainted with a feeling of evilness and something mysterious glinted in his eyes. But he realized it was a dangerous game he was playing, a tango for two. Kyn was unpredictable, though luck and laughter were on his side for now.

"I've not asked you to tell me, sweetheart." Dragonfly replied with a coy smile as his body was getting pumped again to hunt. Tongue flickered out as he licked his leathery, he was getting hungry. Following Kyn in his big footsteps, he increased his pace until they were shoulder-to-shoulder. Daringly teeth then barely nipped at the shoulder of Kyn, hoping it would draw his attention. "I'm asking you to show me, sweetheart."

With a coy whisper he hushed. "Show me what kind of bad things you can do to the elk."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
This wolf seems to know how to play the game just as well as the Saint. Shooting his own words right back at him and adding the previously picked endearment. It makes the brindled brute perk his ears and swivel them as close in his direction as each ear could get. He’s intrigued; he hasn’t met anyone as charismatic and playful as he in some time. It causes a promiscuous smirks to spread over his maw.

Then they walk further; closer to the great elks scent. It makes his own stomach growl and the fire for the spray of blood to ignite in his veins. 

Then a nip to his shoulder, a small touching of teeth, and Kyn’s attention is all his. Not that it already wasn’t, this hunt is only a secondary distraction for him. His eyes are on this wolf. 

I’m asking you to show me, sweetheart.

It’s a low murmur and Kyn’s eyes almost light up with a different type of fire. One that desires flesh, but not blood. Only to make it worse, another ghost of an alluring whisper sneaks into his auds. 

Show me what kind of bad things you can do to…

…you? The devilish man wonders internally.

Kyn’s breath catches in his chest, golden orbs darken further as the words go on. His attention has been captivated and now it sends shivery bolts of electricity further down south.

…the elk. 

Where his smile was previously wiped away, distracted by his seemingly insinuating words, it’s back in full force now. His eyes lighten with mirth and lose their dark, lustful tint — though not completely, it is dulled. The Saint’s man rumbles out a low toned purr of a laugh and looks forwards once more, smirk still plastered on his face.

Oh, don’t you worry, peaches, I will.” He purrs deeply, obviously flirtatious. He’s shameless in his desire now. How could he be when the other teases him so? 

Complementing it with a quick sideways glance to the other, he takes off. “If you can stay with me.” He teases, moving himself into a gallop. He would keep himself at that pace until the elk is in sight.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
There was something that stirred deep within the other male, his tone of voice became deeper and husked while the reflection of his eyes had a darker, more lustful alignment. While it triggered something deeper inside Dragonfly too, his ravenous stirring hunger was directing all his (sexier) thoughts towards the hunt. And elk was on the menu tonight, not the Jason Mamao-wolf. Maybe another time. Dragonfly thought as he licked his leathery lips for a second before his nose twitched and he tuning in on the elk-scent. Still, welcome to the dark side, and oh how Dragonfly wished to nibble on some Jason Mamoa-wolf-cookies. For a second there he wondered whether his flirt with the dark side was one-time only, caused by Ky-ky, or whether it was more permanent.

"Peaches?" Dragonfly said while his face pulled in disgust and his voice had a playful undertone. Soon thereafter he began to pick up the pace and ran behind mister hot-butt; wasn't that the best view? Hopefully it took a while to get to the elk. "I'd rather prefer cherry pie."

--skipping forward--

"We're near." Dragonfly hushed, his voice in a very soft whisper, nearly inaudible but he remained close to Ky-ky. "Where do we get from here?" The old, but large elk was still blissfully unaware he was about to be on the menu.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Sorry this took so long! :’> my mused suddenly died and I’ve been super busy.

Oh how Kynareth would like his wandering to the dark side to be permanent. He would make a fine addition to their pack and an even finer addition to the wolves he’s laid with — if he gets the chance of course. 

The thrill of the hunt obviously can’t stop the wolf dog’s mind from wavering. He’s definitely not a prude and his shameless demeanor either pulls wolves in or pushes them out. 

So he only offers an “Is that so?” To the male when he mentions his love for cherry pie instead of peaches. Followed by a rumbling bit of laughter as well. 

Still, the hunt goes on. The elk is within earshot and Kyn watches it as the other gets his opinion on what to do next. “I hope you’re good at hunting, love. It’ll kill you if you’re not.” He chuckles out, but his voice seems distracted as he ticks off hunting strategies in his head. 

Finally, he glanced at the paler and smirks. “You take the right, get his eyes on you, but stay far enough so he won’t run. I’ll sneak up to the left and blindside him.” He says easily, thinking the plan up on the spot. It’s worked enough for him, so this hunt should be successful unless it kicks one of them into the next century.
59 Posts
Ooc — Ilona
Take your time <3 And never-ever apologize for having a life ..and stuff to do ;-)

------

There was eagerness, there was adrenaline, there was a fast heartbeat and eyes on the kill. More important: there was Dragonfly and Jason-Mamao-superpower-wolf. The elk, Dragonfly thought, better count his last moments for death would draw near. In the meantime the elk was hardly alert, grazing on the ground and enjoying grass. The elk too felt powerful, it was a gigantic creature who could withstand a single wolf. But not the might of many. And even then with a single kick that hit, the elk could knock-out any predator who wanted to much on its elk flesh.

"If I wasn't.." Dragonfly protested with a hushed voice at Ky-ky's flattery about hunting. "..I'd be death already." Flexing his muscles a moment thereafter, it was as if he wanted to impress the bulky wolf. But Dragonfly's physique was mostly al-round, he wasn't incredibly bulky-build or a lean-mean-running-machine. He was mixture of both with both the pro's and the con's. 

Finally it was time for some action, Dragonly sneaked in closer to the elk until he was in its close proximity. Yet not too close for a kick into the afterlife. Seeking the creature eye-to-eye, he snarled dangerously and defensively while ears flung backwards. Basically this was Dragonfly's way of being 'cannon folder' (hopefully not) or 'dead meat suit' (not wishful either) as he followed Ky's instructions.The enormous elk became aware it had hunting suitors and became alert. In fact, the creature was focused solely on Dragonfly that he too became dangerously aggressive. The elk stampeded with his hoofs -- even if he remained standing -- warning anyone not to get too close. Oh yes, the distraction worked; the elk's pride had received a kick in the balls.

And the best part? Dragonfly wasn't alone.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
<3 Thank you for understanding! :’D

The other replies with fiery words and Kynareth actually believes him. This is true. If he was trash at hunting he probably would’ve already been dead, from either malnutrition or an injury. So he hums with interest, gaze moving mischievously over to the other male with a smirk.

“I believe you, darling.” He says in a low purr. 

With that, they’re jumping into action. Dragonfly does exactly as he says and he does it well. Catching the elks eye and snarling right at him. The lone elk stomps a hoof in challenge. Kyn smirks at this. This will be a challenge for even two wolves of decent size to take down an aggressive male elk, but it’s doable. Especially if both parties involved have decent hunting skills — which they do. So he’s not particularly worried about it. 

It’s Kyn’s turn to act, sneaking up silently despite his large size, his brindle gives him at least a little camouflage. Then his muscles bunch as he sprint forward, blindsiding the elk. He tries to do as much damage as he can in this first swoop. With his large body bashing into him, it makes the elk stumble a bit. Then his teeth are latching into its throat. There he hangs, with only his hind legs touching the ground and his fore paws scratching and clawing at his neck. 

He drops his body weight down and starts shaking as hard as he can, the bull makes a noise of surprise and already Ky can taste blood in his mouth. Unfortunately, nothing good can last too long and the Elk proves this by kicking out a strong front leg and hitting him square on the side. My growls savagely and with one final shake releases himself before the grazer can manage to do it again. 

The Elk is losing a lot of blood now, but he would begin to try his luck at cantering off to freedom.