Sunspire Mountains nullus
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
All Welcome 
"we will return for your things before we go back to the mesa," germanicus told @Sihaya

he had been largely silent, thinking of crowfeather and the stuttered end of this war. nyra's blood had dried to stones in the hours since her departure. but it would not be so forever. the skies hung now with a cold sun. but a rain would end the trail.

he went on. ursus had left their marks here.
41 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
Sihaya slunk behind the General as his nose worked the air. It was rife with wolf smell and blood stench. The trail would be easy to follow for a good long while. The half-breed was accustomed to travelling and tracking, but his expression was lackluster as they moved.

Germanicus promised to double-back for the loot he left behind. Suddenly, Sihaya was a bit more animated. “Oh good. I’d like that,” he quipped.

They came upon some tracks. Followed them. Silence.

"Do you think Pharaoh and Shabti are pleased with their victory?"
he asked the General.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"ramesses did not want to fight. satsu will be relieved to see him return. it will be a victory for them both. he intends to return and take part of the sunspire for himself."

the man pressed on, careful to disturb no part of the trail left by the white wolf and her counterpart.

"and you, sihaya? are you disappointed to not have seen true battle?"
41 Posts
Ooc — Lieu
“Expand his kingdom,” Sihaya noted with a dip of the head. Despite not being the instigators, Shabti and Pharoah must have been very pleased their clan drove off their enemies, the Mazoi thought to himself. A fat victory for a budding empire.

The half-breed’s shoulders rolled while his head swayed from side to side as if to answer ‘yes and no.’ “The chase was thrilling,” he admitted. “The battle part doesn’t appeal to me,” he said with a pop of his lips, “but I do like to win.” He paused. Sihaya thought of the title promotion Ramesses had dangled in front like a carrot. “I wonder what pleasures await us when we turn home."

“How did you come to serve Pharaoh, any how?” he asked him comrade.
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
"a roll with one of pharaoh's creatures. a long-winded lecture about his own glory." germanicus spoke in a dry voice and continued to watch their trail.

"i do not serve ramesses. i am within akashingo for crowfeather. when he is well, we will leave."

he did not like to speak of the shadow.

germanicus gestured to the imprint of a large paw. "it seems as though they intend to depart the sunspire."