This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Trade 
@Alduin :> other tags for reference! <3

It was only after she spoke to young Tulok that she began to look for Alduin. He was so much like his dad already, and she figured he'd grow to be quite the warrior. Best to start helping him get his training going, she supposed. Due to his youth, and still-small size in comparison to her own, she figured she'd start by giving him a similar talk to his brother. 

Thus leading to Nyra eventually sending up a call for the dark-furred kid when she failed to locate him by other means.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
"YOU WAKE UP IN THE DARK AND HEAR THE SCREAMING OF THE LAMBS..."
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Alduin hears his name called and he is beyond excited. Perking spotted ears up he jumps to his feet before clumsily falling again. It doesn’t stop him, he gets right back up, shakes off the dirt, and runs like his little life depends on it. 

Once he sees who calls he gets even more excited. Tail wagging wildly and his little butt doing the same, he instantly jumps up on to Nyra. Little claws scratching at her chest as he tries to reach her throat and bite it, just like Derg told him to do.
[Image: dezcpd0-1faedfae-e3b1-4dc1-b270-4056322a...TmEKLfHlyM]
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She hears him coming, and as his excited form jumps at her, Nyra side steps Alduin's advance and noses his butt gently in a lighthearted sort of bullying. Nothing harmful meant, just a tease. 

"You will grow into a mighty warrior someday, Alduin. And to do so, you must also know how to think through a fight. Tactics, strategies. I've called you so we can discuss such things." Nyra explained. 

"Perhaps we can also spar if you behave while we talk, yeah?" She smiled down to him.
Health (100/100)
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
When she side steps him and nudges his but with her muzzle he lets out a growling laugh. Tail still going at eighty mph, he jumps back slightly with excitement. The prince nods eagerly, he wants to know about these things. He’ll do whatever he needs to be as good a fighter as his mom and dad. 

“I wanna learn!” He admits with excitement. 

When Nyra mentions a possible spar while they talk it gets him even more excited and he has to resist the urge to jump on her all over again. 

“Yeah, yeah! I’ll behave.” He promises with all his strength, bloody eyes wide and wild.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Good." Nyra purls.

Sitting, the Empress hmms in contemplation.

"You are getting the hang of using your strengths. But you must also know the strengths and weaknesses of others. And use your environment to your advantage." Nyra begins, looking to the prince with a pause should he have words to add.
Health (100/100)
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Nyra plants her haunches and Alduin, ever so excited and always the one to disregard someone’s personal space, scoots a bit closer to her as he breaks his neck to look up at her. He’s oh so ready to learn and when she speaks he listens eagerly. 

So he nods to her words. “Okay! So, how do I find out other’s weaknesses?” He asks.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She chuckles softly as Alduin plants himself between her feet, listening intently and asking his question. More would come, eventually.

"To find another wolf's physical weaknesses, you must look very closely at their bodies. Wolves that have a hurt leg will usually favor that leg, maybe they breathe with a slight wheeze if a rib is broken, or if they are very old." Nyra explains, standing up to walk a bit in front of him and show herself off as an example.

"As for other weaknesses, take into account how each opponent is built. For example me, and your dad, and most likely, eventually, yourself. We are large, powerful and muscular. Therefore we aren't going to be as fast as wolves built like Aerin, or Arlette." She adds, smiling down at him.

"One of the tricks is to use your every advantage, and to outsmart your opponents. There may come a time you face opponents as much of a powerhouse as me and your father. Brute strength will get you many places, but it will not always lend you victory. Wits is just as useful as brawn." Her tail swayed with excitement. He would be quite the devil in his adult years, and she vowed she'd stay alive at least long enough to watch him grow into the demon he would inevitably become.
Health (100/100)
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
He listens to her words quietly — he’s enraptured by them, trying to take in every detail she’s giving him. He’s undoubtedly processing it, burning it into his mind so he can become just as good a fighter as his parents and even Nyra herself.

So he nods slowly. “Okay! Smaller wolves are usually faster unless they’re hurt and bigger wolves are stronger and harder to fight.” He concludes. Then adds spitefully at the end with a devilish smile. “But sometimes the big ones can be dumb and if you’re dumb you won’t win.” He chuckles.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra nods approvingly as he summarizes her words, chuckling heartily as he adds to then with his own. 
"All wolves make decisions, some smart, others stupid. But size does not always determine wits in a fight." She corrects gently, licking his scruff once as a means of encouragement.

"A wolf smaller than me, for example, would likely use wits more than strength to either win against me or get away." 
Health (100/100)
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
He hums in thought at her first words. “So you can be dumb even if your small or big. Got it.” He confirms childishly. 

Quieting down to listen to her next series of words and nods to confirm he’s listening. It’s then he smiles like the devil himself. “So I just have to be big, smart, and strong, and I’ll win every single time!” He says back confidently. “I got this. I’m gonna be even smarter, bigger, and stronger than my dad!” He laughs.
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
maybe we can wrap up here? And star a new one for sparring? <3

Nyra laughs softly as Alduin speaks with confidence. 
"You do that, young warrior. You do that." She smiles devilishly, licking his head before she noses him.

"How about that spar, hmm?" 
Health (100/100)
376 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Warrior
Alduin laughs heartily as she laps at his head. “Yeah, I will. You’ll see.” 

And then she’s asking about that spar he was so excited about. So he jumps up and wags a tail at her. “Yeah! That spar.” He ends with a devilish look on her direction.