Bonesplinter Ravine danka seido
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
All Welcome 
edited to reference the drago thread; maybe @Kynareth Deagon ?

as agile as satsu thought herself to be, the doe she trailed after was superior in every way. lithe, vaulting—a dancer in their own right, despite how frail those long legs appeared.

it was her first attempt at running down a creature since aiding kynareth in a hunt. she knew it would be difficult. alas, as the doe fled from the strathwood, satsu cursed the air.

the desire for meat was weak; her appetite having diminished since witnessing the daimyo with his prize in the pit.
running now, because she could not face the truth within the violence.

determination carried her beyond han and along the northridge there; she did not stop until she was out of breath and aching, no doe—nor any living thing—within satsu's reach.
"Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future."
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Kyn’s bloodlust is only partially satisfied after the victory against the poor, dark stranger. Still, even now he thinks of his audience. His wife, oh so beautiful, desire written on her face — an expression that lights a fire in both his heart snd his loins. Vein, polite and helpful as usual, but at the time he wanted nothing such. Though the act was appreciated, his need to win Simmik back was even more desperate than he would’ve thought. Lastly, Satsu. He saw her out of the corner of his eye, attempting to stay mostly hidden. He remembers seeing the surprise and perhaps horror in her expression. Though, he can’t really be surprised. When they killed the deer he can recall her seeming the slightest bit uncomfortable. The poor girl hasn’t seen anything such as this here yet, while the other may be used to it and all knowing, she is not.

This is why the Grandmaster decides to seek her out. Maybe to make sure she’s alright. Perhaps to ensure she wouldn’t like leave after such a gruesome sight. Either way, he wants to dog in her head, find out, and ensure her place here in the Saints. After all, once a Saint, always a Saint — until death do you part. Whether it’s natural or by Kynareth’s teeth, it matters not.

So he tracks her scent, smiling fondly once he finds it and follows deftly behind her. It only takes him a solid few minutes to have her beautiful form in his sights and he can’t help but allow his smile to grow. She seems out of breath though and he trots up lazily next to her, brushing the crown of his head against her neck and shoulder in a friendly greeting. 

“Satsu, my love,” He hums conversationally. “why’re you so out of breath?” He asks with a hint of comedic relief in his tone. Golden eyes shining at her with his usual gleam of mysterious content. 

He can’t help the lustful way he looks at her. Canary orbs a pinch too dark as he watches her chest heave. His mind supplies him with much dirtier thoughts, so to quench his metaphorical thirst, he runs a dark tongue over whiskered lips. The same lips, tongue, and teeth that was previously splattered with the blood of another — another just like them.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
away she has fled, to the spires of rock, the dust and the crags. if the doe had come running this way she was no longer in sight. satsu breathing heavily, doing all that she can to keep her various thoughts at bay.
there comes the obvious presence of someone immense and satsu turns to witness the arrival of the tiger lord. he calls to her the way he might call to his wife — the sound of his voice tempered by the pounding of her own heart in her ears.
a hunt, she gasps.
there is no prey here except herself now, she thinks. at her flank is the harsh terrain she has yet to explore, and before her now the marbled giant.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
Her voice is deliciously breathless when she replies. This makes him smile in a way that could be considered devilishly. His known lust for her simmering at the back of his mind like a wild fire. Though he does indeed list for this sweet foreign woman, he respects her space and if he were pushed away he would accept it. He wants her to feel comfortable around him, not frightened or uneasy. So that’s precisely why he’s here today. He needs to make sure she’s okay because he’s not that shallow, especially when it comes to his pack.

So he easily gazes around, looking for any type of prey she could’ve been hunting, but whatever it was is long gone now. He almost feels as if it’s his fault she lost the kill. 

So he dips his head to her in respect. “I hope I wasn’t the cause of your lost meal.” He hums politely in a ‘round about apology. He moves on to more pressing matter now. “But,” he begins softly. “I saw you when I killed that stranger the other day.” The brindled brute begins almost timidly. “I hope I haven't scared you away.” His eyes are hopeful as he watches her, gauging her reaction.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
his apology feels forced. the following comment made satsu's jaw clench and chest to throb with a familiar ache.
the daimyo was not the reason for the lost prey, only the dulling of her appetite.
of course not.
as she had left before the grisly conclusion of kynareth's bloodlust, learning the poor boy was dead made the sensation deepen.
satsu has doubts. kyn-dono can do as he pleases, being the lord of this han, but he was not oblivious to the softer-hearted dancer.
you came to check on me. her voice is more level. she feels a little dizzy. do you check on all your subjects?
she hoped she was not a special case.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
She seems nervous and he catches the subtle clench of her jaw. He doesn’t say anything as she hums out an of course, but he can’t help but feeling a bit guilty. Perhaps she’s uncomfortable with him now that she knows he’d killed a man in cold blood for the sole reason of pleasing his wife. Though she may think his apology is forced, that couldn’t be further from the truth. 

You came to check on me. Do you check on all your subjects? She asks and Kyn can’t help but smile in a way that’s almost sweet.

“I’d did.” He hums softly. “And yes, usually if I can’t tell I’ve disturbed them in some type of way.” He admits, but continues nonetheless. “But,” A soft pause ensues. “I can tell you become… uncomfortable with that sort of thing. I want you to know, that of something bothers you, don’t be afraid to tell me. Though I am your leader, I will not patronize you for coming to me with something — anything for that matter.”
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
he sounds so genuine.
almost like he cares for his subordinates; perhaps he does, but equally so, he is a heavy-handed barbarian, and to cross him would be disastrous. of all that she has learned during this time with the saints, satsu finds this the most important - and the most telling trait of the man.
she wonders if his invitation to speak is a trick. her tongue feels heavy, her mind abuzz.
you broke that boy for nothing.
warmth flooded her cheeks as she stated this. heat burned at the back of her throat, hard to tell apart from the revulsion that she had hoped to stave off by keeping calm. satsu did not feel calm; she felt enraged.
what could he have done to warrant an execution? she wondered, the question itself rhetorical.
i could not stay and watch. not to see another life taken too young, made a spectacle, dishonored the way her brothers had been.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
He sees Satsu weighing her options. She hasn’t known him for too horribly long, but soon enough she would trust him. Soon enough, she would understand that the only thing he cares for is his pack. He doesn’t want to pressure her to speak her mind, but he know whatever she says, he won’t be mad. He’s actually quite understanding when he wants to be and he gives his pack a lot of leniency. He only expects a few things from them: hunt, remain loyal, and be prevalent in the packs affairs. 

So he stares back at her, not judgmentally, rather just expecting her not to anything. Until she does and he’s not surprised on her opinion of the deed that’s been done. He nods once more in understanding. He knows why she must think that, but to him another’s life is fickle. He cares only about his pack, anyone else could choke. 

What could he have done to warrant an execution? 

He shakes his head. “He did nothing. Simply wrong place, wrong time.” Is his simple answer. Voice soft and calm as ever. 

He’s not sure if she would understand if he explains. But he might as well try. “I’m sorry it startled you.” Is his opening, leading into the explanation, but it’s genuine. “But my wife is just as bloodthirsty as I…and I fucked up. I broke her trust and she punished me for it. I had to make it up to her. Blood and sacrifice was the only way. Trivial things like apologies and gifts mean nothing when @Simmik is in such an unforgiving mood.” It’s the truth. Whether Satsu accepts it or not. 

Simmik has become so much stronger, thought she’s always been strong and independent, she is much more savage now. The life of the Saint has bled into her and he would do anything to keep her in his grasp. Anything.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
wrong place. wrong time.
it sounded so simple.
he would do anything for his wife, which was what made him powerful; it made him a great threat to others, and potentially to satsu, who had always suspected there was something maligned about the tiger lord.
so because the boy was not a saint, his life is worthless. she recites his message, casting aside the pithy reasons he gives for perpetrating such violence. her appetite is long gone and any drive to properly hunt has left her.
but you did not drag me home to kill. you decided i was worth keeping.
should she be glad? fortunate that he had not been in a murderous mood? his decisions made no sense to satsu. then again, satsu was alone - what would she do for the love of another person?
before he can speak again, satsu shakes her head.
i do not understand you or your people. you are blood hungry, all of you.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
So, because the boy was not a Saint, his life is worthless.

He’s almost surprised by the way she says it. She reminds him of @Leigh, holding onto the good that swirls within her heart. He says nothing yet, for Satsu is not finished. Her next words are equally as accusing and he opens his mouth to speak, but he doesn’t say anything in time before her last words are falling from her mouth. 

You are blood hungry, all of you.

He tilts his head to her. Yes, a difference in opinion and unwilling to see his side. A touch close minded and unwilling to see the others side. Like many of the other packs that reside in these lands. He doesn’t hold hate for her — she is his pack mate. He cares for every me ever of his pack despite how long they’ve been in it and she is no different. 

First he regards her first words. “That is not what I said.” He points out, voice soft and surprisingly understanding. “I will not lie to you by saying I only value the lives within my pack — that’s entirely what I think. But, I do not have the desire to wipe out the entire population. I do not wish to kill everyone I come across.” He pauses. “Fate is a funny thing, darling. One can not avoid it. Myself included.” 

Then he moves on to her other words. “I support that with the fact that you’re still standing her right now. Was I not polite to you? Did I rip your heart out and mount it at my borders?” His voice goes a bit more stern at his next words. “No, I did not.” He continues, tone softer. “You assume too much — you judge too fast. If you are as kind as you say you are, should you not give others a chance?” 
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
she is stunned by the visual his words produce for her mind's eye. horrified, to be blunt about it. whereas her thoughts of him often formed the image of kynareth flinging a doe by the neck, or the boy from the pit, now she saw herself eviscerated; her still-beating heart crushed between teeth. his tone was sweet but the inner sight only turned satsu's stomach further.

the way his voice shifted to something deeper, darker, reminded satsu of when her brothers would be punished if they missed a lesson, or learned the wrong answer to a question. this was a lesson for her - of just the kind of person kynareth was. of what kind of person she had been born to be.

—should you not give others a chance?
you do not. she quipped back in haste, but lifted her chin slightly after, feeling a little more bold. if he cared so much for others, why did he leap at the chance to kill the innocent?

you said yourself, the boy had done no wrong. his only crime was wrong place wrong time, but i say there was more. the wrong alliegance. if he had been pledged as one of your followers you would not have taken his life. i did not make any assumptions; the fact was, he died for your pleasure.

for the lord, or for his mistress, there was no difference.

yes, i find murder offensive. it is offensive! it is barbaric. she cannot help the ruffle of anxiety and emotion trailing her neck, spiking the thin fur of her shoulders. but she quiets soon after, knowing her place.
1,902 Posts
Ooc — Malia
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Deerstalker
She’s quick to comeback with her words. Saying he does not give others a chance, when evidence of him doing so is standing right in front of her. He furrows his brows at that, but allows her to continue. He doesn’t say much to her, only allows her to voice her opinion, as he should in any type of debate. 

Yes, I find murder offensive. it is offensive! It is barbaric.

He doesn’t snap at her, but his reply is just as quick as her first one.

“—It is necessary.” He says low in his throat. “Did you not mention your former home having an army? What do you think they did? They killed people I would like to assume, stop me if I’m wrong.” He pauses. “War is avoidable. Death is not and everyone’s time comes whether they want it to or not. I was fulfilling a duty and I will fulfill it to the best of my ability. I will take the necessary risks and if I look bad doing it, then so be it.” He looks at her then, even though his voice had gotten more intense, his eyes do not hold hatred or frustration, they’re only a bit intense as he stares her down.

“It is a difference in lifestyle. I am skilled at my trade and I will do what I must. I’m willing to take risks. That is the difference between us. I think of every possibility and I take my chance with whichever one I feel the need to choose. I think of my pack first and myself second — always. I know what I am and I’ve accepted it,” His eyes are hard when he says his next words. “perhaps you should too. Follow in the steps of your han, avenge your father. Make him proud. That is who you are, Satsu, take pride in it.” 
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
his tone becomes barbed, deep, hard; it is enough to quell any further fight within satsu, at least until he mentions her old home. bringing to mind her brothers, the soldiers. her father, usurped.

and kynareth, speaking as if he knew her so well!

you don't know what you're talking about. in this satsu was certain. whatever foul happenings had taken his home away, it was not the same as watching her beloved father take a knee and accept beheading, lacking any fight, because it was the honorable way to go.

that he should think satsu was destined for such cruelty—!

this is not about my father. even speaking of him now, her throat constricted. she did not deserve to be berated this way. to have his memory thrown in her face, as if survival was not enough; his line was over, his sons were dead. she could not take up the mantle.

the assault of kynareth's words spin her mind off-kilter, make her dizzy with a sudden rage, and yet she does nothing except shrink away from him and his booming voice.