Dragoncrest Cliffs motley crew
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
All Welcome 
Today, Haunt had two objectives.

Firstly, she wanted to take an inventory of the pack's caches. Surely many of them would be in the same locations, though there might be some new ones and others that were no longer in use. Once she took stock, she hoped to do some hunting. She was admittedly a little less adept than when she'd had all her appendages, though Haunt was still a fearsome huntress.

Secondly—and arguably more importantly—she wanted to find @Vex. She knew he had returned to the coast at the same time as her, by some stroke of serendipity. They had yet to cross paths, however, and Haunt decided she would not rest until she tracked down and caught up with her brother.

Trying to kill two birds with one stone, so to speak, she hopped along the furthest inland stretch of the borders. From here, she would range north toward the seaside. Haunt hoped she located Vex sooner than later; she wouldn't mind recruiting him in her hunting endeavors.
the wayward son
123 Posts
Ooc — delaney
though finding haunt and reuniting with her had been at the top of vex kaskae's to-do list ...when he'd been left to his own devices he'd crashed; worn out from his journey. it'd been easy to keep up a bravado of energy when in erzulie's presence but when left alone his energy'd plummeted until he found the softest patch of tall heather grasses near the beach, curled up and fell asleep.

when he awoke, the sun was shining brightly in his eyes and sand coated his tongue. he makes an audible 'bleh' noise — having forgotten just how intrusive sand was in his brief tenor with the tartok wolves. he takes his time stretching, feeling refreshed and ready to resume his previously put-on-hold to-do list.

as fate would have it, haunt found him; and alarmed by the strange sound of her gait it is unmistakably her as he peers through the thick heather grasses. haunt! he crows in a deep rumble, charging forward with the intention of crashing into her.

it's only then that he notices she's missing her forepaw ...and an ear; and he stops in his tracks, every muscle pulling taunt beneath his pelt. who — kasake chokes on his words for a moment; pausing on the fact that he had much to tell her and assumed she, in turn, had much to tell him too. who did that to you? he rasps; not so much horrified as he was angry. angry that someone had hurt her, had mutilated her like that.
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
He spotted her first, bounding toward her with a cry of her name. Haunt raised her head to pinpoint her brother's exact location, a wolfish grin spreading over her pale face as he ran toward her. She turned and began shuffling toward him on three legs, intending to meet him in the middle, when Vex stopped abruptly.

He had just noticed her missing limbs, she knew. Haunt licked her lips and drew in a breath as she closed the gap now that he had frozen in his tracks. She considered how to answer his question, especially since she didn't really know the answer. Although she hadn't repressed every single memory attached to the incident, that didn't mean Haunt could make sense of what had happened to her.

She almost made a joke about being abducted by aliens, though she could see the real strife on Vex's face. "Nobody," she answered quietly, "it was an accident. I don't remember much about it." She took another breath. "I'm fine, Vex. How are you? I've missed you. Can—" But before she could get out the question, she pushed into him, slinging her right foreleg around his neck in a sisterly embrace.
the wayward son
123 Posts
Ooc — delaney
kaskae hesitates, visibly, as haunt tells him that nobody did that to her. he squints, trying to understand how that could possibly be. had it been another wolf? a hunting accident? but she assures him that she doesn't remember it and he considers it as possible. though he's been fortunate enough to have never had something so traumatic happen to him to the fact that he forgot ...he can understand how it might've happened.

ok. kaskae accepts, drawing in a breath. the important part was that she was there and alive.

i'm alright, kaskae responds. i've missed you too — he admits words cutting off as she presses into him and flings her foreleg around him. he leans into the embrace, drawing in her scent; glad that she was here and that for better or worse, lady luck had seen fit to reunite them.
348 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Deerstalker
Tracker
Trapper
Up close and personal like this, she could really smell him. Haunt pressed her face into the crook of his neck and shoulder, breathing in her brother's scent and clutching him all the tighter. She wasn't particularly prone to emotional displays, though her tail waved steadily behind her as she clung to Vex for several beats before finally slipping her legs free and taking a step back.

"So? How was your trip?" she pressed with a smile, yellow eyes gleaming. Haunt of yore probably wouldn't have wanted to hear too much detail, considering his destination, but currently she wanted to hear everything he'd been up to in their time apart. "Tell me, while you help me inventory," the yearling added before he could reply, motioning for him to follow as she took a hop-step in the general direction of the coastline.