Hushed Willows “I Get Around” — The Beach Boys
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
That earned another snort from her, Nephele’s shoulders giving a valiant shake as she rocked her weight back, enough to wave her paw around in a so so gesture.

You think I’m any good with decisions, Fin?” She exclaimed, shaking out her coat to refocus, before nodding.

Naptime. It’s naptime.
english · greek · thieves cant
28 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Finley didn’t know her strengths and weaknesses. He hardly knew her at all. But he recognized a rhetorical question when he saw one. Besides, it wasn’t that deep. He smirked.

’Kay, he concurred when she declared it naptime. Without further adieu, he began crowding her back toward their original rendezvous point beneath the willows, walking a little slowly to favor his overstuffed belly.

With a loud sigh, he flopped down in the shade. You a cuddler? Finley wondered in a sleepy voice, covering a yawn with a black paw. C’mere, he added without even waiting for an answer, patting the grass beside him and curling his body like a proper big spoon.

He frowned when he noticed his food baby bump was going to get in the way. The yearling stretched out his body and mused, Maybe you should be the big spoon…
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
She allowed herself to be herded back to the willows, giving a gentle hum of acknowledgment to Finley’s voice, content to plod along like a workhorse towards the area they’d met in.

The grey backed woman experienced a brief freeze when asked if she was a cuddler, before stepping delicately over the long limbed body of her hunting companion, bedding down at his back.

This alright?” Nephele asked, suddenly nervous. Where did her limbs go? Was she just gonna...perch? Like a baby possum with its mother?
28 Posts
Ooc — Kat
She hesitated and Finley opened his mouth to say something when she stepped over him and settled down behind him. If only he could’ve read her thoughts, he would’ve found the musing about opossums quite funny, given her name.

You can throw your arm around me, if you want, Finley purred, scooching around a bit to get comfortable, a sleepy smile on his lips. Mmm, yeah, this is nice. Mmmmm. ‘Night, Poss.

And just like that, he was snoring.

This was such a fun thread, thank you! :)
254 Posts
Ooc — Box
He was out in no time at all. Nephele gave a gentle noise, throwing her front limbs up onto his shoulder, before closing her eyes herself.

She had never appreciated the time she could spend doing nothing until now. A small smile crossed her face.

...night, Fin.” He wouldn't hear it, but it was a nice sentimentality to say it. Nephele quickly dropped off into sleep, smile still on her lips.

No, thank you! I had a fantastic time <3