Broken Antler Fen You always find the exit sign in a crowded room
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
All Welcome 
That morning it had begun to drizzle and as afternoon set in, the light rain didn't show any signs of stopping soon. Bridget stretched and opened her mouth skyward, enjoying the cool of it and catching some of the droplets on her tongue. Refreshing!

This place was a little wet to need even more water but Bridget had always enjoyed the rain. She stepped her way heedlessly through puddles as she went, winding her leisurely way through the trees nearest the lake that neighbored them.

Fish were a fan of rain too, yeah? Maybe she'd swing by the lake and check it out. But she would certainly be taking her time too - rainy days were perfect for taking it easy. Today wasn't going to be any exception, not unless some sort of emergency came up.
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
bumping to present day, per our convo!

Diantha had made no effort to "get to know her pack mates" or "make friends" or do anything of such a nature. She was a solitary child, and she rarely even spent time with her siblings unless it was forced. Most days were spent daydreaming of how to escape this place she'd been unwillingly born into. It wasn't as though she had chosen to live here. Or be born, for that matter. But if she was going to be alive, she knew she didn't want to spend the rest of her life here.

The rain was nice, because it meant most everybody would be huddling around trees and trying to stay out of it. Diantha, on the other hand, preferred it. She soaked up the rain, letting her coat do most of the work of keeping her body dry, although she knew it would eventually seep through.

To her surprise, Diantha found somebody else out for a walk. It was likely she'd already been spotted, or maybe she would have ducked for cover. Instead, the girl decided to attempt walking by without drawing attention to herself. Maybe whoever this was would just leave her be, which was really all she wanted anyway.

"Fat chance," she thought, but it was still worth a shot.
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Today was the kind of day when it was hard to take anything seriously. Relatively speaking, the past few weeks had been more trying than previous for the generally unflappable medic. But she didn't let it harsh her style and when she spotted Diantha, Bridget didn't hesitate a moment. She was pretty fond of all of Maia and Eljay's kids (some from afar, others a little closer) and wasn't about to expect that her company would be unwelcome.

Have you ever seen lightning strike a lake? She'd been thinking about it and wondered if that was something that fish had to worry about. The answer was probably 'no' since Bridget had a little more experience to bring to bear, but shit, it was a fun question to think about. Also relevant, if she was considering going for a drizzly swim with thunder threatening in the distance.
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Of course she asked a question. Adults always thought they were so smart, trying to teach her things by asking questions. And it was a dumb question, too. Who cared about lightning striking anything, so long as it wasn't killing them? Maybe lightning would strike this purple-eyed wolf so Diantha didn't have to talk to her anymore.

No, she said. She was uninterested in whatever this wolf had to say. And wasn't it weird to go around talking to children you barely knew? Diantha just wanted to be left alone. Why was that such a tall ask?!
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hmm. Me either. Bridget grinned, then glanced up at the darkening clouds. Oh yeah, it was worth the risk. Swimming in the rain was a time and a half.

Two for two is pretty good. I'm willing to bet on that. She started to walk in the direction of the lake, then glanced back with a single eyebrow quirked. You coming?
107 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Two for two? Diantha didn't really know what that meant, but her curiosity got the better of her when the older wolf asked if she was coming along. For what, Diantha didn't know, but she knew whatever it was would be better than hanging out with Eljay, Maia, and the other kids. They were all big dummies, and if this older wolf liked hanging out in the rain, then maybe she wasn't so bad after all. After a brief pause, she scuttled along after the adult.

What did you mean by that? 'Two for two?' Diantha asked.
Brecheliant
Family
788 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
I don't mind finishing this with a few rounds, but we can also wrap if you like! I got behindddd

Hm? Oh, that. She'd been caught in her own thoughts and it took a moment to recall what she had meant. It means you haven't seen anyone, and I haven't seen anyone, so chances are pretty good a swim would be fine. So I'm not about to let some storm stop me. The electric feeling of the air, and the heaviness to it, all did their part as well. God she loved this.

When they got to the lake, she barely hesitated before taking a running start and leaping, with an enthusiastic whoop, into the water. She didn't turn to see if Diantha was following until she resurfaced, just in time for an impressive rumble overhead.