Dragoncrest Cliffs i'll wait for years until the clouds spin their silk
Limit Two 
backdated to shortly after zephyr's acceptance to the pack. no pressure to respond; i'll just make it a read only after a week or two if there's no reply <3
the terms of his entry to sapphique do not leave his thoughts, even days later. he'd promised contribution to the pack, and knowing that there are children here, he assumes that they are the pack's current priority. that's usually how things work, isn't it?
so when he lands a fairly large jackrabbit as his first kill of the day, he takes to the trail of the wolf whose scent had been so heavily mingled with rosalyn's, assuming that it must be the wife she'd spoken of. it's been some time since he's been truly involved with a pack; gauging the appropriate distance to keep from the mother proves a somewhat puzzling task. ultimately he settles for drawing back from his original estimation, deciding he'd rather be safe than sorry, and drops his kill to call out to @Erzulie; not so much a summons as an announcement. a meal for you, the call says, and then he waits — to see if the woman will call back to request a more personal delivery, or if she'll want to meet him.
common || « french »
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
of course, @Rosalyn had told her of raimo's deceit and the odd woman who had turned up on their doorstep. it was truly the way of men to do so, seemingly without a single reason, and her ire was kindled. she weighed quite seriously the benefit of simply chasing him out, or allowing the dark hunter a chance to prove himself half a man.
the wolf who called for her, the harlot discovered, was less a woman and more a stark-eyed young boy, silvertoned and small. only the swell of the other's sides proclaimed anything different, and curiosity had tempered her irritation by the time she had come upon the other.
after all, it was only the fault of raimo. the season had done as it was meant to do.
"you be zephyr. from where did you come before dis?" her mismatched eyes, emerald and sungilt, did not miss the large offering landed by the pregnant creature.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
this got deleted the first time i wrote it so this second version probably sucks im sorry
the woman who answers his call — erzulie, he remembers — is a stark contrast from the leader who had accepted him into the pack; pelted in caramel and cream, with mismatched eyes that draw a momentary, awed glance before his eyes avert and he dips his head in greeting. respect is paramount, he reminds himself, knowing that his place here is dependent on the good graces of the alpha pair.
a fact which leaves him torn when she asks a question he would rather not answer.
a fairly young pack to the southeast of sapphique. duskfire glacier, speaking of it leaves him feeling a little ill, but he presses forward, knowing she'll want to hear the reason he hadn't simply stayed with his pack. besides, he can't let her think he'd been kicked out. the alpha there… he seemed intent on filling the pack with pups. i had no intention of adding to that number — i was their guardian, i stuck to the outskirts. but i guess… i thought it would be easier to recognize the signs. i was far from the pack's borders, with raimo, when i realized what was happening, and i never went back.
but there's more, and with raimo's apparent secrecy having set the tone for all of this, he knows he needs to tell the full story. minus wintersbane's more intimate involvement, if he can help it. i had no plans, only raimo's promise. so when i started to feel… ill — when i started to gain weight despite my self-exile — i sought him first. and then i thought to offer my skills as a guardian for a place here. but she probably knows that, doesn't she? he continues nonetheless. i didn't know he'd kept the situation from you and rosalyn until i arrived. i apologize for that — for the insult to your authority with these circumstances. i am grateful for this… opportunity. i don't know how long i'll be useful — i've never… he swallows. i'll be at the borders for as long as i can, and back to it as soon as i'm able.
common || « french »
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
erzulie only listened. zephyr was a pretty speaker, one who wove apt poetry where she herself might use fewer words. and yet she understood all of its following, hearing only the voice of a man. 
erzulie was willing to be incorrect, but she sensed a good deal of bruised masculine pride beneath the other's voice.
and she knew the name of the empire-builder almost as soon as he had begun speaking. wintersbane's potential had once been a laughingstock between she and her wife. 
and now the consequences of his foul actions reached out to touch sapphique yet again.
they had been so remote, and now —
"i never blamed you for it," came the rolling honey of her voice. "dis be a world built by men to hurt ot'er men. and women." she looked toward the sea. "i not be puttin' you back to patrol so soon after babes. dat is not my way, an' not de way of sapphique."
a broad smile. "now dis be a worl' built by wives. mot'ers. it will not be what you have known under men."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]