Moonstone Quarry peach or plum or strawberry
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
moonstone quarry
7/27 midnight
60°, overcast

When Hyacinth lay roasting on the salt flats he thought surely that was where he’d meet his end. But as the sun set and the night cooled the earth, he found the strength to pull himself up and drag himself away from his would-be grave. Not only that, but he managed to stay on his feet for well over a week, surviving on scraps and puddles of water. 

That was where his luck ended. He may not be dead, but he still suffered. His wounds festered more by the day, slowly making him ill. Hyacinth had no knowledge of herbs or remedies, so he had to push through the pain. The only fleeting relief he got was dowsing his injuries in water, a scarce resource thus far. That is until he came across the quarry.

Hyacinth had almost injured himself again on the way down. The sound of water excited him, and he misstepped once or twice. Luckily he was able to reach the bottom without busting his head open. The man stumbled towards the water, and nearly dipped his entire head into it.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the sly jawahir and gracious have parted ways and the woman snakes her way through teekon. sometimes, she would find herself trying to find the scent of oceane, though it would always end poorly. perhaps the sea-dweller was lost, perhaps simply tired of traveling with her old partner. either way, gracious continues to move on.

though, she is up past her sleeping hours. a sense of insomnia washes up against her and she is left feeling restless. she has traveled far along, yet lacks the feeling of being tired, hopefully, this would end soon. no sleep meant the wrinkles would become more prominent on her face, and that was the last thing the aging woman wanted.

tonight, she finds herself sliding down the edge of the limestone towards the pools of water below. she is not light-footed enough to be able to crawl along the narrow edges of the quarry and therefore decides to head straight on. thankfully, with her awake nature, she avoids falling and hurting herself. though, when she reaches the bottom, she notices that a shadow has beaten her to the spot.

she is not too far off from him and notices his quick nature to enter the pool. she curiously watches him, though offers a loud chuff to avoid scaring him once he takes notice to the burly grey woman that is not too far from his own body.
[Image: source.gif]
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Despite her effort, the stranger’s noise sent a jolt down Hyacinth’s spine. His head bursted from beneath the pool and he frantically looked in all directions. Finally his eyes lock onto the pearly woman, her defining features distorted by the droplets of water that clung to his lashes.

Ah, s-sorry! I’m sorry. Sorry- The apologies did not stop spilling out of his mouth as he hastily shook himself dry and rubbed any remaining water from his eyes with a paw.

Once he was finished he looked at her with a wide eyed stare. She was huge, he noted. Much larger than him. She could easily break him in half if she desired to. And so he couldn’t stop himself from asking: You- you aren’t going to kill me are you?
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
the boy takes quick notice and sound he starts apologizing as if gracious was about to be his judge, jury, and executioner. she winces at his concerned tone, even more so at his next question.

"you aren't going to kill me are you?"

it felt like a knife buried itself in her chest at his question. gracious has yet to take another wolf's life in her many years of existence and couldn't imagine doing such an act of violence. to be assumed she could, that she would -- deep down it scares her that the assumption could be made so easily. 

she visibly shakes her head no to the boy. "why would you think i would, dear boy? i don't even know your name." a twinge of hurt at the stranger, though there must be reason for his sudden defensiveness. she wonders what he has stepped through with life.
Gracious is currently traveling with Oceane; she is allowed to join all threads Gracious is in unless they are marked private 
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
The fur on his nape settles back down as relief washes over him. She wasn’t a threat and that meant he didn’t have to run again. He wasn’t sure if that was even a possibility anymore with the tattered shape he was in.

That relief was soon displaced by guilt and a twinge of embarrassment as the weight of his question dawned upon him.

N-no! I didn’t think that! I mean I did for a second but- It’s clear Hyacinth wouldn’t be able to take back his words, so he stopped any attempts with a sigh. Sorry, I’m a bit jumpy. It’s been a rough few days.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
he is quick to apologize even more, but this time not out of fear for his life, but out of fear of offending the older woman and hurting her feelings. it is not the first time someone has had to apologize for making assumptions of the thunderous woman. gracious is at least appreciative of the boy's attempts and nods towards him at his explanation.

"i can see that..." she says, diamonds scanning over his body as she takes notes to the markings of conflict written over his flesh. "would you like me to help you? your wounds could use a little treatment." she is no medic or true doctor, but she is a woman who has a will and a way. she has learned about many things in her past years enough to know what is safe to use and what isn't. some help is better than none, in her opinion.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Was it that obvious? He shouldn’t be surprised. It’s always that obvious so it seems. The embarrassment only got worse, and Hyacinth averted his gaze. 

He expected the woman to leave him to wallow in distress, but she stayed. Even offered her help. Now Hyacinth was really surprised.

You want to help me? he parroted, the astonishment present in his voice. They did not know eachother and yet! Y-yes, I’d love that. I don’t know how I can help but just tell me what to do and I’ll do it.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
when the boy averts his gaze from the older woman, she soon realizes that perhaps she isn't choosing her words as carefully as she should. the boy reminds her of a beautiful flower with a sensitive stem, one that could bend over and break if the breeze is too strong. gracious must choose her words carefully, she does not want to upset the boy. though, when he shows surprise with her offer of help, she can feel sadness for this boy grow within her.

when he offers to help in any way possible with the need for directions, gracious smiles towards him and takes a few steps forward. "you could tell me your name, that way we aren't strangers. i'm gracious." personalizing the experience, a genius move when your patient may be a tad jumpy at first for their treatment. 

once the wolf says their name, she begins with a protocol for healing. "washing them in the water is a good first step, but now we'll need some herbs to help the healing process. might i ask how you ended up this way?" a question that could warrant many different answers, she only prays he is honest with her so she truly knows what she is dealing with.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Oh! His name. How could he forget? (the answ is quite simple really: anxiety)

It’s nice to meet you. Any wolf that didn’t want to kill him on site was nice to meet. He gave a little smile of his own before continuing. I’m Hyacinth. It’s weird saying it out loud. The name was still felt so new.

It’s a good thing Hyacinth had been dowsing his wounds in water then. But herbs were something he’d yet to touch. With his luck he’d accidentally poison himself. 

He got a bit nervous when the woman inquired about his injuries. Well y’know… ran into a group looking for trouble. I didn’t really do anything to them. They just attacked me. It’s only a brief summary of the horror he’d been through.
i n n e r p e a c e
229 Posts
Ooc — H2O
"hyacinth, you have a very beautiful name" she says with a warm smile. though, this smile falters a tad when the boy begins to explain how he managed to find himself worse for the wear. 

"that's unfortunate to hear, i'm sorry that happened to you," she walks closer to him to reach out her muzzle to brush against his shoulder, if allowed by the boy, "but rest assured, hyacinth, you're safe with me." hopefully he believes her with all his heart, as gracious holds no evil in her bones. in a motherly way, gracious always wants to respond to the damaged with care, especially those who are younger.

now, onto the herbs that she needs to find to heal him. she turns to hyacinth for help, should he be mobile enough to do so. "there is a golden flower that looks like the sun called marigold, this flower can be used to keep away infection from your wounds." thankfully for the dark boy, summer means that flowers and herbs were growing plentiful, as long as you look in the right spots. 

"if you are able, you may come with me to find it. this way, you will know what it looks like if you are injured like this again." she would look towards the outer parts of the quarry where the tree line of the weald began. she would not travel farther but would instead look for the flowers in the open field that separates the two landmarks.
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Her compliment made him chuckle rather sheepishly. Oh, t-thank you. It’s the first name he’d ever chosen for himself, and he was glad there was at least one wolf who liked it.
Hyacinth couldn’t help but tense a bit when she brushed his shoulder, but he didn’t pull away. His mind raced, but still he smiled. Her reassurance was used to soothe him.
He was relieved to go back to the subject of herbs. He let out his held breath, then listened carefully to what she had to say.
Yeah, I’ll come with you. A golden flower couldn’t be too hard to find. Hyacinth followed closely behind.