Ouroboros Spine xlviv. that one will die
"Cold smoke seeping out of colder throats."
449 Posts
Ooc —
Limit Two 
for @Aiolos <3 (this is backdated a few days, before Kukutux and Lótë deliver)

It had not gone unnoticed in her grief that their newest Alpha had taken to watching over her ulaq as her whelping time grew near. It was just hard to find the time or energy with everything going on to properly thank him. Even so, it meant more than he knew that the Sun (as she had come to think of him) was looking out for her while the spiritbear was…gone. 

She knew it would be even harder to find a chance after her children arrived. In the days before their birth, she devoted a portion of her time to drying a choice piece of fish for him — a simple trout she’d lucked out on some days past. The greenpaw had shredded some wild garlic and herbs which she had seasoned the hacked filets with before drying them.

She waited at her threshold with the gift at her feet — the meal arranged neatly on the shoulder blade bone of a deer, a picture Kukutux would’ve been proud of — as the afternoon lengthened into evening, scanning the tree line for Aiolos’ emberpelt to see if he would pass by her ulaq
[Image: tumblr_inline_p7g2ubEPPb1ufb8ej_400.gifv]
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Aiolos had not been well practiced at hunting game inland for quite some time now. One would never find Aiolos successful in a team hunt involving deer, elk or any other hooved creature which may have lived in the higher elevations of their home, like the high mountains which Kukutux once lived.

It would seem even now, the hare which he had been chasing down had outmatched him and the red valley wolf grimaced between heavy panting as he gathered his breath.

Patience was his game when it came to hunting fish, strength against the sea lion and seals and stamina for both. Aiolos was not a swift wolf.

The seafarer was learning more and more that he may find himself lacking when it came to a title of 'Firsthunter'. He was content at Kukutux side, he was happy with the title as 'Sun' and she, the 'Moon', Leaders and guides to their land. But who would lead the tribe of men?

Coming back empty pawed, Aiolos makes his way back in a lope to the den of Lote before he would then settle at Moonwoman's ulaq there after. He was as predictable and on time as Lote expected, for as she scanned the horizon for him, he would be there.

Padding lazily into her direction, he woofs a happy greeting to the coming mother, his tail relaxed behind him and swaying at his ankles. What's this for? He speaks with a wonder and head tilt, curiously looking over the food. It's fishy smell was obvious to what it was, though it was laced with spices different then he had known the fish to carry and it was displayed as though a special gift for a special someone.
moonglow daddy
449 Posts
Ooc —
Aiolos did not always pass by her den at this hour — she imagined the redwolf was pulled away at times by the mother of his own children and the familiar responsibility of leadership. Lótë didn’t yet know the islander beyond face value but he seemed to be shouldering the role well; she was happy for the Sun and Moon of their village, content to follow their lead. He had returned some life to Kukutux’s eyes and that was enough for the greenpaw to accept him. He was, however, a creature of habit as she was learning and Lótë happened to catch him as Aiolos passed by her den along his typical path through the village. 

She greeted the first-hunter with a warm smile and dip of her head. ”It is to thank you,” she revealed when the Alpha had ventured closer, a bit shyly but nonetheless sincerely. ”For watching out for my cubs while the spiritbear…wanders,” the murmur of her soft octaves trailed off, searching for the right word and settling on an inadequate one.   
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Her smile is warm and she dips her muzzle to him pleasantly, which he of course returns. Even now taking his position as Leader of a second pack Aiolos does not stray from his chivalrous and nurturing nature before a woman. Aiolos rarely ever shows his status in such a manner before a woman, only men, from means in which he was raised. Indeed, a man of habit.

A thanks? He tilts his skull every slightly, a single cream ear tilting back as he looks the little woman over. Smaller then Kukutux but with vivid green eyes and a pale coat that made it feel as though they could be sisters. It is my duty to you, to this pack. But it was true to say he need not guard her so closely, this the lion went beyond for caring for others, protecting others, was what he knew best and enjoyed. Your pups, like Kukutux, are the future of this pack. You are mother to Moonglow and should have all you require.

Again, a dip of his muzzle and he smiles, bringing himself to first sniff then lick at the dried strips of fish. I've never tasted anything like this before. How did you do this? He was curious of her skills and secretly too, hoped to pull her mind from the pain of her mate's disappearance.
moonglow daddy
449 Posts
Ooc —
The rusted islander's kindness spurred her ears to splay against her skull demurely, smiling with silent gratitude as warmth bloomed in her chest. It never failed to surprise her how she had been so easily accepted by the moonwolves -- likely on account of the low self-esteem that had begun to become bolstered since joining the village and adopting their ways. "That does not mean I cannot be grateful for your help," it was half chiding, half playful jesting. He was a good leader and a noble man but the botanist did not want Aiolos to feel she expected him to look after her just because of his position in the pack's hierarchy. 

"I crushed garlic and herbs with a stone," her grin showed she was pleased he had asked, excited to share her knowledge but bashful in broaching the subject on her own accord. She mimed a slightly exaggerated gesture -- as if picking up a rock in her jaws and smushing a pile of invisible ingredients. "And then one just rubs it into the meat with their muzzle before drying it in the sun. I find it can leave the coat smelling rather strong but it often helps clear the airways too." It was not a length that the dove always went to when preparing meat for storage but it could make the flavor of older game a little more palatable and offer variety in the midst of winter when fresh food was not so readily available.
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Her ears would be left to fall shyly and she speaks on of her gratefulness towards him. As she was always surprised of Moonglow's acceptance of her, the Greek would always find an equal surprise and wonder in the women which had come into his life and their application and respect of him. A man who was born a basterd, with no father and no family name. Who was taken as a prize and into slavery among the sirens. He was nothing more then a man and yet being just who he was here in these Wilds meant much to the females here.

Sounds difficult... And looked it, by the way she mimicked how she would hold the rock in her jaws and move her head about to crush the herbs up properly. Different from the often and common 'chewing it up and spitting it out' routine. Duel purposes then. He chuckles as she finishes her explanation of how she went about it. It seemed painful to him, the whole rock part and in the mist of a hungry pack maybe not an every day events. It was a delicacy worth savoring. When you dry the meat like this, does it make it stay good longer? Might be something for us to think about with the coming winter, to boistering stocking up for it.
moonglow daddy
449 Posts
Ooc —
Lótë only smiled. It could make the jaws sore if one wished to season a large batch of meat for drying but it was easy enough, once practiced. The part that could be truly painful was if you accidentally rubbed something into your eyes or nostrils. But this too could be avoided with particular movements. 

”No, I fear it will still spoil with added flavor,” she informed him regretfully. A pause as she thought of home. ”But my mother and some other artisans made trips to the seaside every spring, to barter with our kin. Salt was one thing many women traded for, for it could keep meat good until deep in the winter.” 

She remembered then that he had ruled a village of seawolves upon the island. ”Was this something your village practiced?” she asked as curious emeralds returned to him, head canting to the side. 
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
No, I'd say not. He admitted honestly, when she asked him of his former village on the island. Yuelong did not have anyone who knew that skill, as far as I know and when I was younger before coming here I'd lived on an island too but... He pauses, shrugging his shoulders as he looks back to the dried meat and back to her again. Men were meant to focus on fighting and guarding. This is all. Whatever trades, politics and the knowledge and skills that came along with it was beyond a man's abilities.
moonglow daddy
449 Posts
Ooc —
Her head shook slightly. ”It was only luck,” the she-wolf admitted with a wry tilt of her lips. ”The place was very cold, enough that the water froze on the shores of a cavernous cove  and salt crusted into rock along its banks.” It was hard to smash at times but if ground somehow, it could be used for their dried meats. 
”It was something like Moonglow, then? Only without the emphasis on hunting?” At least in terms of men’s role in society, she amended silently. She did not know much about Kukutux’s husband but she did know that Sikinik was new to the spirituality that was interwoven in their village — much as she had been. 
”I’m glad you like it,” she said after a moment, smiling kindly as she gestured to the fish again with a dip of her chin. ” I could teach you how to do it sometime, if that would interest you. Or Kukutux if she’s inclined towards the fish’s flavor.” 
we can fade soon if you’d like? And hopefully have some more updated threads. :)
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
Yeah can def wrap this up. We do need updated ones! Tagged Lote in another just a bit ago w/ Kukutux.

Aiolos listened of the frozen seas, taking her description and thinking back on his memories when he had seen coves where the waters were frozen as they were caught in pools within. It was not something he had come across often and the island which he had lived was more temperate then the northern fjords.

Ah, not quite. He admitted with a bit of a chuckle. Whilst men and women within Moonglow did have a certain structure between them, the rules could still be bent. After all, a woman would become their First Hunter after Adrastus, the tradition broken. This and women and men were still equals even if they did have their own traditional placements in things. For different then life with the Nereides.

I don't think Kukutux would object to learning anything new if she'd the heart for it. He spoke then, having changed the subject. And well, I could try. He said sheepishly, figuring Kukutux very well could learn it but he on the other paw? That might take a little more patience...
moonglow daddy
449 Posts
Ooc —
The dove's head canted curiously but her lips remained pressed into the usual small smile she adorned around the other villagers. He seemed somewhat uncomfortable, nor was it her place to pry into his past. 

"Then either of you might seek me out, if ever you wish to learn," she reiterated in a soft wisp, jade gaze blinking owlishly as it dropped to the earth. There was a hint of mirth to the splay of her ears, the smile that twitched at the corner of her lips. 

Deciding to put Aiolos out of his misery, he seemed a bit out of his element discussing such womanly affairs (at least, they were considered womanly within her native culture), the cloudberry gestured back to her ulaq with a slow swivel of her head. 

"I do apologize but I must beg your leave. It seems I tire much more easily now." Her smile turned slightly timid, cheeks warming beneath her fur. Her whelping time grew ever near and it felt she did nothing but sleep of late. 
Moonglow
Alpha*
Daddy Moonglow
991 Posts
Ooc — Vami
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Master Guardian
The red wolf was definitely out of his element when it came to drying and seasoning meats, making beautiful pelts for dens or paintings. Aiolos had much more of a bare bones lifestyle, where his uses were simple ones. Knowing of these things or even being seers, healers, earth-speakers or star-readers, this had not been for men. Now, given his placement in life he was perfectly fine with it though was always happy to listen to others when it came to these things. 

Chewing away at his meat, Aiolos was content even though he didn't quite 'get it'. But Lote would dismiss him and so Aiolos would be forced to make himself more useful once again. 

Good rest to you then, Lote. He says with a smile and dip of his creamy muzzle. He leaves, but not before snatching up the dried meat and taking it with him, chewing all the while...[size=small]Ló [/size]
moonglow daddy