Silvertip Mountain the conversation of eiros and charmion
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
Private 
set right the disastrous thread at the border

you 'member Karhh? she asks @Ashlar, padding away from the chaos that she's wrought. they're a little ways off from Ursus's new border, and she's summoned the singer to her side. Avicus gives him a hawkish, calculated indigo stare, trying to find his measure. 

he'd volunteered. he seems willing. but she was there when he'd balked at killing the fox, and the task before them may be many degrees more challenging.

'hhey bih' my kuh— thuh— exasperated, she shakes her head and lets her tongue fall from her mouth, showing Ashlar the extent of the damage. 'hhey have him. buh' he heh'ped me.

if Karst hadn't stepped in, she'd be dead—that much she knew.

it isn't even so much a loyal or noble cause in her heart, just her innate stubbornness rearing its head, eager to return the favor. and besides, she'd become somewhat fond of the once-timid boy. nothing like breaking bread together to foster a connection.
but see, amid the mimic rout,
a crawling shape intrude —
a blood-red thing that writhes from out
the scenic solitude
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He didn't remember anyone with that name, or anything like that name. She was so hard to understand. What had happened? They only had spoken once at length, but she hadn't sounded like this. Ashlar followed Avicus quietly as she led the way, as thrilled to be given a second chance as he was anxious about messing it up. If he did, he knew there would not be a third.

She explained by showing him her tongue. Ashlar winced, wondering what had done such a thing. Wait... did she say 'they'? As in, someone had him? Someone who had done this?

Ashlar blanched slightly. I... he began quietly, only to stop. No. He could help, and he would help.

I c... can talk to them. He said, watching her hopefully. Ask? He wanted to know why they'd done it if they did. And why they might have someone who she knew.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
she nods, fervently. she thinks Ashlar's gift of gab can win them over their quarry.

you. . .bruvver, she says, spitting an idea she's mulled for some time. mihh' him. wan' him back.

her gaze is hot and questioning over the young man. can he do it?

she knows the moon-woman will not have her. not in the least. but Ashlar is a neutral party; he is the only chance to get Karst out.

it's a longshot. but one that might work.

what other spell may the moon-woman have over the boy?

p'ease, Avicus begs, brows arched, begging toward Ashlar.
the scenic solitude
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
My... my brother. He wasn't sure how he felt about lying, but if she thought this was how he should do it, he could try. It was all for the best and it was not a lie that could cause any harm.

Karr...? He wasn't certain, but it sounded like a name. He'd only met Karst once and they'd barely spoken, let alone meaningfully exchanged names. Ashlar didn't remember it, though he might once he saw him. He avoided wolves who did not want him and Karst had certainly seemed that kind.

He shouldn't be there, and... if he did them wrong, I can pay. Can make it right. He added with a little more sureness. He could hunt, or find something to trade. She seemed to like his idea, the one that didn't need him to fight, and this set his eyes to shining hopefully.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
she nods, fervently. boy, she responds. she hunches up her shoulder, lurching from paw to paw to try to illustrate bulk. she cannot, unfortunately, convey his dark fur—but they had spent enough time together, right? no mom, she adds.

is that cruel? no. it's a fact. his mother had been slaughtered by her own; the laws of nature in motion.

Avicus gives him something akin to a smile, heartened by his agreement. Ah. . . 

she can't say his name. it's too sibilant, too many esses. she balks, hanging back. Ahh-hlar, she tries again, and looks abashed. 'hank you.

she seeks his gaze. she means it.

if they can pull this off. . .
the scenic solitude
600 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ashlar nods, understanding. He didn't think that they needed to lie, did they? Surely they'd let him go even if they were only packmates, but Avicus seemed to really believe this was best. He would do it, though he trembled inwardly. He'd never been all that great at lying.

He's my brother. N...no mom. Ashlar practiced quietly, but it made him remember his own mother and ache with missing her. Mama and baba.... they would be proud of this. If he could save this boy then he'd have a good story to tell one day.

He flushed when she thanked him but didn't respond with anything but a smile. He didn't deserve any thanks yet. He needed to do it first.
899 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Warrior
Deerstalker
she studies his face, watching him repeat the words. she remembers all too well his balking at the coyote-killing. but this, hopefully, will be different. this won't require any violence on his part. and if they do have to step in, to shed blood, to get Karst back—

she'll do it. even if he doesn't. her desire to rescue her companion is matched only by her desperate need to get revenge upon the woman who'd stolen her words.

i wih' wachh 'em, Avicus says, thinking on what to do next. they couldn't move too soon; they need the exact right moment. hhh. . .hhpy, she clarifies, even if it's the farthest thing from clarification. spying was her brother's game, but the fall foliage is coming in. perhaps she can blend in more easily.

'hhen we go.

and that was that.
the scenic solitude