Dragoncrest Cliffs subwoofer lullaby
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
All Welcome 
@/Hermes. @Dionysus and/or @Zephyr can hop in <3

Ever since he’d joined Sapphique, Hyacinth was rarely seen away from Zephyr’s den. He spent most of his time curled up across his partner, watching the children wiggle around his form. When he wasn’t inside the den, he was out fetching food or water or padding. He’d stand guard outside sometimes too, as he did now. There really wasn’t anything to guard, but there was a nagging fear in the back of his mind that one of the pups would up and leave at any moment. It’s not possible, he tried to reassure himself, but it wasn’t enough to pull him back inside.
Loner
38 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Four days ago, Hermes eyes finally peeled open. There wasn’t much to look at, save for the blurry figures of his father, his brother, and.. some guy. He didn’t have a clue who this man was. Anytime he came into their home Hermes would stare at him with suspicion until the man left or he was too tired to stare anymore.

When he woke up from his million-year slumber, the mystery blob was sitting just outside the den. Hermes thought enough was enough. If no one was gonna tell him who he was, then he’d have to find out himself. He couldn’t see the glint of his eyes, so now’s his chance to investigate unnoticed.

Hermes turned his body around and started scooting towards the figure, unknowingly grunting a ton while doing so.
13 Posts
Ooc — Suledin

the warmth that left his side high and dry coaxed dionysus awake. whining indignantly he saw his mauve blot of a brother inch towards what he dubbed the outside monster. because what kind of creep sits outside someone's house to look?

the boy jumps up and scoots to hermes to bite his tail to draw him back while whining with urgency. was he the only person trying to keep the nap schedule ( and his brother's life he guesses ) in check?! he could feel his circadian rhythm's system malfunctioning by the second.
at this stage, the children are... kind of boring. once the initial shiny newness had worn off, zephyr had been left feeling — well, sort of trapped. there isn't much to do with a couple of fragile furry leeches attached to your abdomen.
so he's grateful for hyacinth's constant presence. more than that, he feels... something, when he's around. he isn't sure what to call it, not yet. but it's nice, after feeling so lost for what feels like an eternity. when his son's start to stir, the wraith glances up toward the shadow outside the den. you can come in, he invites softly. there's... something we should talk about anyway. something he hasn't given as much thought as he ought to, perhaps.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Turns out he worried for good reason. Just when he was beginning to believe himself too. The boys were making more noise than usual, and when Hyacinth turned he was shocked to see Hermes making a move towards the exit, with Dionysus close behind.

Just as he stood in a panic, Zephyr rose and invited him in. He didn’t hesitate to come in, leaning towards the children.

What did you wanna talk about? Hyacinth whispered as he gently nudged the two back where they were supposed to be with his nose.
Loner
38 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
His plan for a smooth in-and-out observation soon flew out the window. Hermes felt a dull pain in his tail, and turned to see his little brother gnawing on it. A shrill squeal filled the den and the pup tried to pull away before his cover was blown.

But it was much too late. Hermes was nudged back to his father’s side along with his brother. That didn’t please him very much, as expressed through a series of irritated grunts.
names, zephyr answered, amused by hyacinth's alarm; it wasn't like they could get very far. he let him fret over the kids without comment, though. sometimes it made zephyr feel better to fuss over the tiniest worries, too, if only to stop thinking about how many things he still didn't know about raising children. i have a few ideas. it feels weird, naming them before i really know them, but i guess i don't have a choice.
common || « french »
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Oh? Were they not given names already? Now that he’d mentioned it, Zephyr never mentioned names before.
He settled down next to the trio. I’m glad you do, cause I don’t think I’d do well with coming up with names. He’d never named anything in his life, excluding his long departed owl. And her name wasn’t the most creative.
we could always call them one and two, he suggested, joking but truthfully tempted by the idea. at least until they developed personalities...

but no, he couldn't do that. what about hermes, for the dark one? he suggested first, eyes straying to the children.
common || « french »