Duskfire Glacier [Mature] Some sort of clarity
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Trade 
 @Rye, for Eldritch's medic trade! <3

Autumn would soon come, she could see it in the trees. They slowly became warmer tinted and the energy of the Teekons shifted. 
Eldritch was getting much better now, and after intense cleaning of her new den, the cave @Pandora once claimed, she wanted to start doing some check ups like any good witchdoctor would for their tribe. 

The rakish-thin darkling then set out toward the caverns, perhaps to check in on the mothers and their pups? Or maybe she'd see another packmate on the way...
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
let me know if I need to change something
The hotahs large frame emerged from the den he shared with Imaq and their cub, off to find a bite to eat. Whatever he could scrounge up from the caches would do and if he had the time, he'd fill them back up once his meal was finished. However, a dark shadow caught his attention, his ears swiveled in their direction and his eyes followed suit. They headed towards the birthing caverns, Rye knew of the shadows acceptance into the pack and partially met them, enough to know they were another healer. The hotah thought it time to finally meet his packmate and gauge just what kind of wolf they were. Lunch would have to wait. Rye hustled to intercept the thin she-wolf, "I don't believe we have had a proper meeting yet." Rye called from a medium distance. As he trotted closer, he said, "I assume you know my name but in case you forgot, it's Rye." The man wore a smile once he parked on his haunches. 
"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The spiderling perked her ears at the approach of another, and at his voice, she turned her head slightly; just enough to see him clearly. 

He came closer and sat, to which El smiled softly and faced him head-on, also taking a nice sit to engage with him. 
"Rye." She echoed, "I am Eldritch." She replied, keeping her soft smile upon her void-black face. 
Easily, she set her herbs at her paws and edged them to rest between her legs before looking back to the man before her. 

"Your wife, she gave birth recently, yes? How is she?" The void-fur inquired genuinely, tilting her head a tad with a medic's curiosity.
Eldritch is fluent in Daedric (Valryian) thanks to Aerenys having taught her the language behind the scenes
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
'Your wife', he smiled at the words, they were something he thought to only hear in his later years of life. "She is doing well, the pain clung to her longer than I would have liked but it has finally begun to fade." He informed. Seeing Imaq wince in pain all those times always pumped concern into his veins but then knowing he couldn't cure the issue instantly curdled his concern into frustration. What good was he if all he could do was be useless? Removing himself from that train of thought Rye brought the herbs to his attention. "So, what have you got there?" He asked.   
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
She noted his pleased smile as she mentioned Imaq as his wife. 
It made him happy. 

Easily, she listened as he told her Imaq was doing well, that her pains, maybe from giving birth? Had begun to fade away. 

Then he brought attention to the herbs at her paws.
"I have some poppy seeds, for pain." She started, unwrapping the pouch so he could see the contents. 
As said, poppy seeds were there.

"In this, I also have Raspberry leaves, for whelping pains; and Sweet Sleep (Chamomile) for anxiety and shock. It also helps with sleeplessness." She pointed each out with a paw, and glanced to Rye to see his response.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Appreciate your patience <3

His once lax ears perked up after the mention of poppy seeds, along with a small tilt of his head that outwardly showed his sudden and sharp confusion. Wary of strong painkillers since Lanes early days of motherhood, Rye continued to question the ethicality of using painkillers on nursing mothers. Wayfarer suffered no ill effects after her mother ingested borage, though that was hardly the same as poppy seeds. Rye was eager to inquire about Eldritchs knowledge on the subject but first he let her finish naming what the pouch contained. 
By the time she finished his confusion had subsided and was replaced with intrigue. "A good assortment but the poppy seeds in particular, do you know the affects on nursing mothers? I have been hesitant to give Imaq even one or two for her whelping pain. A short time ago another pack member had pups of her own, one got sick and she ingested borage leaves thinking it would transfer into the milk. Do you know if the same could be said for poppy seeds?" It was a blessing to have so many healers in the pack, the varied experiences created a wide safety net for sick wolves to fall in. Rye was proud to be among the net holders.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
not a problem! life happens <3

His patience despite his intrigue was greatly appreciated.
To his inquiry though, Eldritch nodded softly "Poppy seeds, in my experience, are good for pain in small doses, but in larger doses, it seems to make others extremely sleepy. Before coming here, Meerkat had twisted her paw and ended up by Blackfeather Woods, so I helped her by giving her some, so she could make it back home. Instead, she took a nap first." The darkling explained with a light chuckle at the end, a caring shine in her white-silver eyes.

"If it will make you feel more at ease, I will skip the poppy seeds with Imaq?" Eldritch offered genuinely. It was her duty to help in whatever way she could.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Can slap an M on this if your toon does dive into the subject
His eyes watched Eldr's lips as if seeing the words flow from her mouth would give him greater knowledge but of course it wouldn't, still he intently focused on the woman. Sifting through points of focus, herbs, face, lips, eyes (but not necessarily in that order), Rye soaked up all the information she offered. By the end he smiled gratefully, for both the offer to keep the seeds away from Imaq and her gift of knowledge."Thank you for sharing, that had been hassling me for some time now." Rye softly chuckled before adding. "But yes I would prefer Imaq stay away from it. I trust your medical capabilities but I don't want to risk any negative side effects for my little one." He informed. There was dozens of other questions that had been on his mind since he last spoke with Iana about herbs. It may have been a long shot to ask but it was worth trying. "And before I let you go, I don't suppose you have extensive or even basic knowledge on mushrooms do you?" The hotahs head tilted slightly and his brows came together to form a small peak. Knowing what capabilities those herbs held, he felt wicked trying to inquire more about them but perceived social faux pas aside, Rye earnestly did have an innocent interest in them. He just hoped Eldritch wouldn't judge too quickly.     
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
She nodded once to his thanks, "I am an open read." She responded then with a gentle grin.

To his inquiry of mushrooms, Eldritch chuckled softly and adjusted herself, taking a thoughtful breath. 
"I've used them before, yes. Though, not often. My use of mushrooms extends into my spiritual beliefs, that the effects of some fungi can aid me in contacting the souls of the afterlife." She explained, tail swaying softly behind her. It was not a subject she had spoken about in a while, but wasn't opposed to bringing up.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The theme of being exposed to new cultures was steadily growing, he loved it, Imaq was his shining example. Variety was a rarity Rye seemed to thrive in, to converse with those not of your own kin or beliefs was, simply put, fun. Since Meerkat and his chat, the thought of broadening his horizons had grown into action, seeking out alternative views to his own but with guarded curiosity. Although his talk with Eldr was not intended to be more than simple medical chatter. "If you wouldn't mind, could you explain more? Do you see things? Hear them? Possibly even feel something?" He questioned with subdued eagerness, his tail swaying.  
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
Don't fear The Darkness
238 Posts
Ooc — Liv
The witch smiled with a welcoming glitter of white eyes. She didn't mind telling him more.
"All of the above. I have seen and heard spirits, and sometimes even felt the ground beneath me turn different than what it was. Sometimes the visions are terrifying, but most times they are like visiting a world beyond the one we live in." Eldritch explained, swaying her own tail with the pleasure of engaged conversation.
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
You are welcome to archive! I will reply to the big thread with Makatza and Siku fight if no one else does in a week.
His days of experimenting with herbs was long gone, his younger, angsty, self was only encouraged to try risky herbs by the wrong crowd. Even being so far from that crowd, Rye could not contain his curiosity. In all honesty, he wanted to try it but the proper side of him would, of course, sway his interest to return to its corner. Damn responsibilities. Not that his wife and child could ever dip below some foolish, past-self butting its ugly head into the matter. No amount of silly anything could make him give up his family.
"Fascinating," He said. "Genuinely. I can't imagine what you must see. Then again, I don't know I want to try." Rye laughed a little dryly, recalling the mention of terrifying visions. "Thank you for explaining." He chimed in the next beat, a toothy smile forming. 
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."