Fairspell Meadow novus
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The sensation was overwhelming before Crowfeather realized it was rather odd to have the two of them so near to each other. He could not place why, could not fathom how he would feel when the two wolves finally met each other. The dark wolf had almost given up hope of finding Satsu when they had turned away from the hollow.

We went to the mountains near a hollow and called but there was no answer, Crowfeather explained to her. The seer hoped that she was not displeased he had taken so long, or that he had nearly stopped searching.

Is Akashingo near? he inquired, eyes darting between the girl and Germanicus. What would he think of her?
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
satsu was formal. germanicus did not miss how he was greeted and then left behind. those eyes shone toward crowfeather, and the eagle found himself reacting.

the shadow asked the question of akashingo, and he himself was silent, awaiting her answer. both young wolves seemed eager for one another's company. when crowfeather's gaze came to rest on him, the eagle gave only a small, inscrutable look. he was determined to remain pleasant.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
from the sounds of things crowfeather had gotten lost. it was fortunate that his friend was with him, or perhaps neither would have made it back from this hollow they had found; but it did not sound familiar, causing concern to spread across satsu's features readily.

you went in to the mountains? that is what he had said. that he went, that he called; that there was no answer. a twinge of pink lit her cheeks. i'm sorry, my directions were not clear. i thought -- ah, what had she said? it had been so long ago...

akashingo sits in a high, dry place. to its north is a forest, and further north from that the mountains... to be in the heart of those mountains meant crowfeather had certainly gone too far north; but it was satsu's fault, she decided. she did not know the landscape outside of akashingo except the places she had quickly journeyed with pharaoh, and even then, the names eluded her.

but yes, akashingo is very near! you can see it -- she turns, raising her chin and motioning like a pointing hound towards the mesa, a few hours away.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
As Satsu explained the directions to Akashingo once more, Crowfeather felt his face grow hot with shame. He had believed to have understood her the first time. He had been so confident that he could guide himself and Germanicus to their territory.

The dark wolf shrunk pathetically.

I- I misunderstood, Satsu. I am- but he stopped, because Crowfeather was more than just sorry to the girl across from him. The lantern glow of his eyes flipped to Germanicus dolefully.

What a fool you are, Crowfeather.

Turning away to look at the mesa across from the field, the shadow burned hot with his embarrassment. It was fortunate that they had happened upon Satsu.
an hour of wolves and shattered shields
2,516 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Warrior
Master Tactician
Ranger
crowfeather seemed to fall in energy and countenance. "he led us very far with skilled navigation," the eagle told satsu, meaning his words to be a reassurance. "and we are here now," he spoke to them both. whatever smile wanted to creep upon his mouth stopped itself.

he wished suddenly to ask of the saints. this careful blushing woman was hardly more than a maiden. and yet he had seen more deceptions during his travels. "will you lead us to akashingo?"

germanicus too looked toward the mesa.
Ghost
550 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Advisor
Mediator
crowfeather looked distraught. thankfully germanicus was able to insert a friendly reminder of his growing skills, and alongside that, satsu flit about him with apologetic energy. she had not meant to make him feel so poorly.
it is alright, you are here now -- she softly remarked to him, but stopped when the older man asked after akashingo.
oh, yes! of course. please, come with me - you may rest when we arrive, and then maybe you can tell me of your adventures.
ducking around them again, satsu sets out to lead the way home.
Riverclan
NPC
909 Posts
Ooc — Teo
When Germanicus spoke, Crowfeather felt his cheeks burn hot. The lantern gold in his eyes drifted to his paws, a sheepish little expression. He had not anticipated the assurance from the older man. Those words filled his chest with a warm delightful energy that flooded down to his limbs. The dark wolf wagged his tail with a grateful glance to Germanicus’ silvered muzzle.

Satsu would lead them to Akashingo and when they arrived, she offered them rest. Crowfeather breathed a sigh of relief. They had found Satsu and were one step closer to discovering more about Akashingo and the Saints. Fate had been kind, Crowfeather realized as he trailed after the young woman. The dark wolf only hoped that it would carry on.

Thank you, Satsu.