Ocean's Breath Plateau when there’s too much talking, i like to go out walking
68 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Private 
Oh, how marvelous it felt to be near the shores again. He made trips away from Ornmévan many a time, and each time he comes to miss the ocean’s salty air.
He breathes it in now, a long breath well drawn, with eyes closed shut. Then he exhales with a content little smile on his face.
It’s beautiful. He opened his eyes to gaze at the distant sea from his perch above the plateau. Approaching footfall made him turn.
What do you think @Cascadia? The only marauder to join him on the way out, though he suspected Weddell would send more. Valentine was surprised she had joined him in the first place, with the incident happening so recently and all. He didn’t know the details of what transpired during that raid and he dare not ask. Not now.
2 Posts
Ooc — suledin
there's not much to do but stick close to valentine; he's cascadia's lifeline in this new, uncertain land. the anchor keeping her from spinning adrift on unfamiliar waves, the only reason she hasn't crawled off to some dark corner to die. that's why she came here — running from death, from her own failure, the same way she's run from everything else since she was old enough to know how. it's in her blood, if her early memories of her mother can be trusted.
she casts a sidelong glance toward valentine as he speaks, thoughts disjointed as she tries to detach them from the past. what had he said?
oh, right. beautiful.
yeah, cascadia agrees distantly, hoping the answer is appropriate for the question valentine had posed. oceanside, though... a painful place to be, right about now. i was thinking... just now, actually, but she leaves that part out. i wanna head inland, scout out a pack to hit. maybe slip into the hierarchy for a bit and figure out what makes 'em tick. that cool with you? she's so used to being the deciding factor, it feels weird to ask permission. but this is what she'd wanted, what she'd needed, what she'd decided over weddell's protests. she can't be the one making decisions anymore.
68 Posts
Ooc — mutton
She gave an answer, though it seemed as though she gave it out of obligation rather than will. Cascadia seemed to have her feet rooted in two different worlds at the moment. He could guess why, but again bit his tongue. Valentine only nodded — somewhat awkwardly — and hummed.
Then came a request. Oh? One he should have expected. Infiltration was what she was known for after all. Yet it still caught him a bit off guard.
Well it’s not the way I usually go about this— Quickly and quietly; that was his way. Much less chance of trouble. —but I suppose we could give it a go.
Had anyone else suggested this he’d be harder to persuade, but this was Cascadia. Her method was different, but it was effective. Most times..
Valentine cleared his throat. 
How soon do you plan to leave?