Redsand Canyon let me make you proud
Loner
113 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Turmeric had done his best to follow @Arlette's trail through the winding rocks of the canyon. The hot sands still obscured his sense of smell, and though he was gaining a gradual acquaintance with tracking through this new environment, he found his accuracy was not all there.

And this is what worried him. He hadn't seen dad in a long, long time. What if @Derg had lost his way? What if he couldn't find his way back to them again?

So he sought and called for his mother with a soft yet certain, "Mom?"
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette hadn't noticed her son had followed her. The female looked up from the one plant that was growing there. It was a plant with yellow flowers. She had studied it and trying to see if there was any usage for it. The female turned to her son when he approached her. "Hi sweatheart," she commented and gave him a kiss in greeting.

She could tell by his tone that he was worried about something. She tilted her head. "What is wrong?," she asked right away. She hoped that it wasn't about Derg. He had been gone for a very long time now, and it had her worried. More than worried if he ever returned. He had a tendency to get injured. She would bet her life on the fact that he wouldn't abandon her or his children. He saw how much he loved them.
Loner
113 Posts
Ooc —
His nose had finally done him good.

Despite his worries, Turmeric felt his face brighten when his mother turned to meet him. "Mooom," he said as any young boy might, and ducked out of the line of her kiss with a laugh, but not before stealing a kiss to her chin in amiable return.

The mood quickly shifted. "It's about dad," he began, "I know he leaves sometimes, but he's been gone longer than he's ever been gone before..." and though he had so much more to say, Turmeric wanted to hear what his mother had to say to this first, and he turned his eyes on her with a silent question he knew he didn't have to speak.
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette smiled at her son when he came to her. He had ducked out of her kiss but she did get one from him in return. Her heart warmed a little. The female grinned at her son, glad to see him. Though that smile fell a little. It was about Derg. She had hoped it wouldn't be about him.

Arlette sighed softly. "He has been gone for a long time. I won't lie that I am a little worried about him too," she admitted to her son. Her mate had been one to get injured or get into a fight with someone. She just hoped he would come back soon. "I don't know either when he will come back," she explained to him with a sad expression on her face.
Loner
113 Posts
Ooc —
Mom's face fell the moment he mentioned dad. Turmeric swallowed. Not good.

He was grateful for her honesty, even if his heart sank. So much for the hope mom would know where dad had gone, or what was keeping him away for so very long. But even harder was the sadness in her eyes. "Maybe... we could go look for him," he offered her a smile, with something hopeful still etched in, even if his heart wanted to look sad right along with her, "we could check the Strath, maybe he went back there trying to find us. Or - or maybe the mountains around us? Everyone's looking for Alduin. We could all look for dad just like everyone's looking for him."
Swiftcurrent Creek
Beta*
1,077 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Medic
Arlette looked at her son. Who had solid ideas and didn’t want to discourage him. She nodded. ”We could look for him. I already did when I went looking for Alduin with Thyme,” she admitted to him. She figured being honest was the best way to go with children. The female sighed. ”I just don’t know if it is a right moment to leave the pack for a long time. The strath is days worth of travel from here,” she explained to him. Which wasn’t an option. She couldn’t leave her child to safely hunt, if she was successful at it that is.

”Kynareth and most others have looked for Derg,” she admitted to him. ”But they just said it was only for Alduin not to worry you kids,” she added. She looked at Turmeric with hurt in her eyes. ”Your father has a way of getting injured. You know of his scars. They came from wounds which I often had to heal,” she sighed. ”I’m afraid it is bad this time. He would never leave us, you hear me? He loves you all too much. Something happened to him. I can just feel it. I’m sorry, honey,” she ended in a whisper, sad herself too.