Moonsong Glacier Kinguyakkii
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
The word of the moonwoman had guided him to the same glacier that the scout Meerkat had instructed him toward. Issorartuyok could not help but to question the spirits.

Ursus and the mountain their village claimed was on the other side of the glacier grounds. The northerner did not know that he could settle beside them, knowing that he shared no reason other than a desire to dwell where he felt most comfortable.

Drawing his brown gaze to the mountain in the distance, Issorartuyok tasted the wind and contemplated his choices. There were other territories, a mountain range he had not yet explored. He thought of Meerkat once again and wondered if it was worth venturing back to the other glacier pack.
with every heartbeat i have left
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Conception 
Taktuq had not expected to find such snowbound lands this far to the south! Of course, she knew of Duskfire, though only by landmark and not by name. Now that place was tied up with pack scent - a commitment Taktuq did not think herself ready for - and so she had let the winds carry her as they pleased. They danced her through the Sunspire and across the plains until her nose picked up the frigid smell of ice. And so, she had found her way here.

Or perhaps something else had guided her.

The yearling caught the stranger's scent and followed him until she found herself some throws away from a man as dark as the midnight sky, and glistening with the stardust of a thousand galaxies.

She felt her breath catch.

"Salutitsinik," was the greeting that rose from her. A natural cadence, in her most comfortable tongue, but when she spoke she felt her cheeks flush warm. He most likely would not understand. So she let stumble from her mouth, "that means hello," and felt her cheeks grow all the warmer.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The sound of an unfamiliar voice beckoned the northerner’s dark ears to swivel atop his head. Issorartuyok slowed in his pace and turned back to see the shape of a young wolf, perhaps a yearling, who had called out a greeting and then offered her own translation. The northerner laughed softly at this before he swung his broad frame around to inspect her fully.

Halu, Issorartuyok returned in his own tongue. That is my way to say hello.

The northerner was impressed with her youthful physique. She was a streak of silver with a pair of glimmering hazel eyes, warm in her spiritual nature. Issorartuyok wondered how he might be able to assist her. I am called Issorartuyok. What is your name? the large snow-dusted wolf inquired of her, head tilted curiously to the side.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Taktuq smiled when the stranger laughed and tucked her muzzle with a shy smile. Yet all the while, she never let her eyes leave him. He was made of moonlight, yet his eyes were of the warmth of earth.

"Halu," she repeated underbreath, marvelled at the word on her tongue. It was close enough to the common tongue that she did not find much trouble in the mimicry, but foreign enough that she knew this man was from afar. Not quite unlike her.

With a careful, yet dancing step forward, she sought to shake away her bashfulness. "Taktuq," she offered, and tried his own on her tongue, like she had with his greeting, "Issorartuyok," this one felt like the language of the North. "You are not of this place, are you?" And perhaps the knowing sparked through her eyes.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The streak of silver was almost bashful as she lowered her muzzle and shared a smile with the broad northerner. The approach that carried her lean shape toward him, closing some of the distance between, it was remarkably soft. Issorartuyok did not miss the sharpness in her hazel eyes.

You are right. I am from the north, led down by the spirits in search of a place for myself.

Taktuq was a name that reminded the northerner of his family, more specifically of his mother. She had been a remarkable wolf and the people of his village had respected her dearly. Taktuq do you have a village of your own?
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
He spoke like the men and women of Nanurjuk's village. She heard the songs of the North in his voice.

"I do not," she confessed and wondered if a village is something a girl of her age might have found by now. What had led her back to the Wilds, but an unwillingness to settle, a lack of want to be tied to a place? But was it settling that perturbed her, or the lack of anyone worthy to settle for? Her mother had been a pilgrim, after all, but one bound to family, as much as to the road that stretched beneath the stars.

"I am afraid I am alone," she said, though a smile graced her lips, "but there is a difference between lonely and being alone. And what of you?" she softly pressed. He smelled of glacier and winter winds. The scent of pack was absent. "Issorartuyok. Do you have a village of your own?"
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
So the girl was alone on her journey. Upon finding this out, the northerner regarded her with a new gaze. He was shrewd as he looked along her sleek frame. Taktuq was healthy and sharp in her appearance. She seemed as though she had the figure of a young wanderer in her, with a foundation of genuine care. Issorartuyok wondered if she had belonged to a village when she had been younger. If she had, what had carried her away from it?

Taktuq commented on what it meant to be alone versus what it felt like to be lonely. Issorartuyok regarded her with a curious expression for a few moments, impressed that someone of her age had found such wisdom, such peace in her mind.

I have found a village here. It is a glacier called Duskfire. I seek to have a family for myself, to raise children in a village that one day they might lead. The spirits tell me that here is a good place, these lands, the large wolf answered her with a small nod of his head. The plan had not changed, but there were days when Issorartuyok wondered if he was doing what was right. I will need to see if Duskfire is suitable for a long stay.
141 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
At the name of Duskfire, Taktuq perked her ears - not so much because she knew of the name, but because she had only known one glacier in these Wilds before tonight - and seemingly, the one they stood upon was one different than that which Issorartuyok called home.

Was Duskfire the glacier she had passed? And if so, had she not considered that land tonight, when she had wondered where and when she might rest her travelling paws? Paws that had not yet wearied by the travels they endured.

"Where is Duskfire?" she asked, to make sure his land was the one she thought of. Inquisitive eyes settled upon him - taking account of his dreams, of the vision of family he saw in his future. She had yet to reach her second year, and thoughts of children were far from her - but come spring, she wondered how this story might change. "I was born in these lands, to the east of here. If the ice beneath us is not Duskfire, then your village must be the glacier there - or you are an even farther ways away from home than you lead me to think." She said this with the turn of a smile. Hardly accusing.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
East, Issorartuyok answered her warmly, shifting so that he might gesture with the dark of his face. He scoured the mountain range with his gaze, relishing the memory of trekking over the stone. Beyond the mountains there. It was an enjoyable journey, but the northerner did not say as much. Issorartuyok had a penchant for challenging tasks and the joy he found in accomplishing them.

Taktuq was a sharp girl. She had surmised that his village was either very far, or that he had been referencing the glacier when he had spoken of home. The large wolf laughed. The sound of his voice was gentle and rough, deep as a bass drum and warm as the sun.

My first village is north. It takes many moons to reach it from these lands. The glacier is my village now. It is not the same, but I am eager to test my paws against the cold, to chase the caribou across the tundra. There was a pause where Issorartuyok regarded Taktuq, searching her features. You will come visit?