Dragoncrest Cliffs come now, luxuriant graces,
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
All Welcome 
all tagged welcome <3

erzulie trotted along to where the youngest children were still ensconced.
in her muzzle was rich sea urchin meat for @Zephyr. she thought her son might bring something along as well, as he had the first time, and glanced at her heel to see if @Sobo followed.
"good morning," she greeted the little family through her offering, casting her two-toned eyes about for their parents. she lay the good fatness close, and then smiled toward @Hyacinth.
@Hermes and dionysus. erzulie bent to exchange breath with them, careful. "i wanted to come an' see if anyt'ing was needed here. how have you been settling?" her words were for zephyr and his mate, but her welcome was for them all.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
at a month old, his sons are much more active — and therefore much harder to contain than they had been as tiny shriveled newborns. their eyes have opened, their sense of curiosity has begun to sprout, and some days zephyr thinks he might have preferred them as furry little raisins. most of the time, though, he finds parenthood isn't as terrible a fit as he'd feared.
maybe he isn't as broken as he thought. or maybe this new golden love swelling within him is enough to fill in all the cracks and holes in his psyche. or... maybe this won't last, and soon he'll find that it's every bit as terrifying and clumsy as he'd imagined during his pregnancy.
for now, he's content to enjoy things as they are. hyacinth lurks outside the den, as usual, while zephyr tries to tame the beasts within. @Dionysus seems determined to hunt down and maul his tail, and hermes is just as determined to do the same to dionysus — and it's fun only until their sharp little teeth find his flesh, and then it's not very fun at all. but it seems parenthood has brought with it all the patience he's lacked throughout his life, because he has endless tolerance for his sons. so far.
erzulie's approach is a welcome one, as is the gift she brings. he offers a tired smile, finding even more warmth for the woman than he'd expected. good morning, he returns, casting a glance to hyacinth and wondering briefly how he'll cope with erzulie's presence. he's touchy when it comes to the children... but zephyr likes that about him. a father should be protective, after all. his attention returns to erzulie swiftly. thank you. my sons are doing well, i think... i guess i don't know what kids are supposed to be like, but they seem healthy and — ow! he yanks his tail away from dionysus, only for the boy to go pouncing after it once again like a kitten with the zoomies, with hermes hot on his heels. happy. and bitey. but, uh — i appreciate what you've done for us.
common || « french »
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Fully skippable!

Sobo toddled along on lengthening legs, carrying this time a more useful gift: a clutch of three soft rabbit ears. Not hunted himself, of course, but taken from the two rabbits Haunt had left for them on different days. He still liked the leaf he had found the first time, but recognized now that it was not a very entertaining gift for "wee bairns", as his father would say.

The boy made no effort to inch forth to see the pups or even step past Erzulie's haunch, except to approach shyly and deposit the ears where Zephyr could see and reach them. For de little ones, he said in a voice as quiet as a mouse's before shuffling back behind his manman, bashful and timid in the presence of strangers.

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION
268 Posts
Ooc — mutton
Hyacinth watched the rambunctious brothers with a heavy gaze. They’ve been so active ever since they got on their feet, and their energy soon outmatched their parents. They tired the scared man out each day. He couldn’t begin to imagine how Zephyr felt.
Dionysus.. please! Be careful! he exclaimed in a rather exhausted tone as he witnessed the boy give a rather rough bite to Zephyr’s tail. He could only hope the request didn’t fall on deaf ears as the two went about playing. 
Hyacinth raised his head when he heard Erzulie approach. She carried some sort of meat — a gift for his partner no doubt — and at her side a young boy (her son he presumed) carried rabbit’s ears.
Hello, he greeted, then fell quiet again as Zephyr spoke. That is until Dionysus bit his tail again.
Dionysus! Hyacinth moved his leg in front of the tail. It was an obstacle the silver boy chewed on feverishly.
Loner
37 Posts
Ooc — Y2K9
Dionysus had proven to be quite the terror once he was steady on his feet. His brother was always running around or gnawing on anything he could get his teeth on. Hermes joined him on these daily rampages. It’s only because he was practically forced join. Dionysus would endlessly badger him otherwise. But he had to admit it was a little fun.
The two pounced at their father’s tail as though it were a feather on a stick. Then Hyacinth placed his leg between them and their toy. That didn’t stop them, only redirected their attention towards his limb.
Hermes chewed on paw until someone came to the den. Luckily for Hyacinth, the newcomers now had all of his attention. He had to make sure they weren’t dangerous, for the family’s sake.
Hermes leaped to his feet and trotted towards the pair of strangers. guh morin’. he parroted. He didn’t know what it meant, he just wanted to copy his dad. He stood on his toes to sniff Erzulie, then leaned over to take a look at the boy. He was bigger than the brothers, but smaller than the adults. Hermes walked around the woman’s legs to get a better look at her son. guh morin’! he chirped again before leaning forward to sniff him too.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
her little sobo, so very polite. erzulie watched her son extend his gift and return to her. the younger boys began to weave and pipe. "good morning, petits cailloux," she said sing-song to hermes and dionysus, before glancing up at their —
— fathers. no different than the way she and rosalyn lived as wives. how curious to see it from the other side of things. "i be erzulie and dis be sobo, my son."
at once she recalled that these children had been sired by raimo, but he was not here. and after abandoning zephyr once more, sapphique had little more for him than a set of teeth.
"your children be happy an' healt'y," erzulie assured zephyr. "soon dey will be able to join mine in de huntin' an' explorin'. i would be happy to tend dem for you one of dese days."
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
265 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
Sobo hoped to go unnoticed behind Erzulie for the remainder of this meeting, but Hermes had other ideas. Appearance-wise, the other boy was quite similar to him. Both wore brown face masks and pale bodies, although Hermes was more of a creamy white to Sobo’s warm silver. The difference was the black underbelly and markings on his face, which Sobo lacked. Nevertheless, the similarites endeared Hermes to him and allowed him to relax just a little.

Good mornin’, he replied in the same little squeak of a voice, shuffling awkwardly closer to his mother’s leg. Hermes held his entire attention now, with Hyacinth and Zephyr both going unnoticed. Where it was easy for Sobo to talk to his siblings, however, he found he had no words for Hermes.

After a long pause and a lot of fidgeting, the boy finally mustered up the courage to ask, what be your name?

1 / 3 THREADS · PLAYER INFORMATION