Redhawk Caldera My darling, being tested only makes you stronger
856 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Master Ambassador
Advisor
Coach
Pack Activity 
For the sake of simplicity, we can say that everyone in the pack was present for these announcements (even if they are not posted) unless otherwise indicated or unless they are on a planned/extended absence from the pack's boundaries. My thoughts are for this thread to be one round only, but we can certainly add rounds if other characters have information to impart/discuss. Anyone who would like to play out a reaction or ask more questions is encouraged to make a new thread and tag Rue.

Shortly after Alyx and Caracal had arrived home with their news, Ruenna called the pack together to hear the announcement. She had already spoken privately with Towhee's children about their mother's condition, knowing that they were likely to have the strongest reactions to the news. 

"I called this meeting to address your concerns about Towhee's absence. She is currently with our allies, the Frosthawks, recovering from a sickness called stomach ulcers." Ruenna switched her tail, a bit unnerved by the strange diagnosis. "She will return home shortly." Much to Ruenna's relief. She continued. "It's my understanding that this is a stress-induced condition, and that while she is expected to recover fully, she will need to take it easy. I'm sure no one will object to a little more calm and relaxation around here." Ruenna smiled tightly. Hopefully her packmates would hear the subtext, and they would do their best put a little less strain on Towhee when she returned. 

"The next announcement mainly concerns @Caracal, @Tierra, and @Sphyra." This would catch their attention, no doubt, as she was about to impart a decision to which they had no prior knowledge. "You all have seen six moons now, and I'm so proud to see you developing skills and contributing to the pack. I want to acknowledge your maturity. From now on, you will be allowed to visit Brecheliant without a chaperone, as long as you check in with a packmate before and after you go." It had been a tough call, and Rue did feel guilty about relaxing Towhee's rules in her absence. But the children were hardly babies anymore, and with every passing week they were more grown and less vulnerable. Ruenna suspected that they had been sneaking off to Brecheliant on their own anyway, so at least this way it could all be out in the open.  At least this way she stood a chance at knowing where the kids were and what they were doing. There was also the concern that the pack simply couldn't spare the manpower to continue to send a full guard whenever the pups got the urge to see their father. 

Ruenna shifted her attention to the rest of the pack. "Lastly.. it's come to my attention that there is violence brewing in the Teekon Wilds. The conflict is between the packs known as The Saints of the Dying Light and Ursus. Please exercise extreme caution around strangers. I do not want any of us caught in the crossfire." It felt a little counter-intuitive to relax the kids' restrictions now, when there was so much potential for danger, but Ruenna worried that the more she tried to control the maturing youngsters, the more they would rebel. The last thing she wanted was another runaway situation, like what had occurred with Tierra. She was already worried about how Sphyra, the most bellicose of the children, would react to the news of the war-- Ruenna hoped that the girl wouldn't go looking for trouble. 

With a heavy sigh, Ruenna concluded, "If anyone has any information or questions for the good of the pack, please voice them now. Otherwise, we are dismissed." Ruenna left the floor open for a few moments, waiting for any packmates who wished to speak to do so. If nobody spoke up, she would conclude the meeting by rising to her feet with a nod of finality.

Ruenna experiences chronic lower back pain as a result of an accident from over a year ago. She moves with a very obvious, heavy limp.
666 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Medic
Missionary
Caracal obeyed his auntie's summons, although he was in no particular mood to socialize with the pack. He knew it was important that he respect the Sovereign's commands, plus he was curious about what she would have to say. He took a seat toward the rear of the gathering, expression a little on the glum side, but nevertheless attentive.

His stomach clenched when Rue announced his mom's diagnosis, clinging to the words, "She will return home shortly." But then she moved onto another topic entirely, catching the boy by surprise. He didn't react visibly to the newly granted freedom. He loved his dad and would've enjoyed spending more time with him, though at this point, it felt like a betrayal to his mom. Caracal wasn't sure he would take advantage of this new liberty, though he hoped the twins might.

He tried to shoot Auntie Woo a smile, although it couldn't even be called halfhearted. His face fell slack again when she switched gears once more, mentioning a war. There was that pack's absurdly silly name again. His head tilted a little. Caracal didn't understand how it involved the Redhawks and waited for Rue to explain that part, though she didn't elaborate.

Per her closing statement, he could ask outright. Caracal maintained his silence, however, and soon prepared to slink away somewhere private to continue brooding.
I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
149 Posts
Ooc — Iris
For Sphyra, on the other hand, it was totally normal that her mother was gone. A part of life was that most wolves in her life had come and gone. It was just natural that her mother was gone right now. She was sick and needed to be healed, and the Frosthawk wolves knew how to do it. Just like why father was in Brecheliant. Sphyra thought she had it all figured out, and she just nodded at the announcements (which, of course, she already knew about anyway).

Then Ruenna said that she and her siblings could now go to Brecheliant alone. Honestly, Sphyra wasn't sure if it was a responsibility that Tierra and Caracal could handle (considering how immature and dramatic they both often were in each their own ways), but she made no mention of it. She just acknowledged the words with a curt, somewhat formal nod towards Ruenna.

The latter news meant little to Sphyra, though she could feel a twinge of excitement at the mention of violence and war. Maybe it would be an opportunity for her to learn something. For now, though, this war felt very far away, considering she didn't know anyone from either of the mentioned packs.