Redsand Canyon I don’t want to vanish too
Loner
38 Posts
Ooc — MAR
All Welcome 
Thyme was slowly getting used to the canon, however, what he wasn’t getting used to was that members kept on leaving. Now even his nice uncle Kynareth seemed to be gone. Luckily he had his momma and his siblings but his uncle wasn’t the only one who left. His dad also hadn’t returned and he was really worried, for him and for Alduin. WHO ALSO WAS MISSING.

Frankly it scared him. He didn’t want to go missing either, which resulted him in being around his mother or other packmembers at all times. Maybe the voices out of the canyon lead them away. He shuddered and moved in a little closer to his pack mate of the day.
57 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
War had also noticed how their numbers were dwindling. It didn’t worry her for the same reasons though. What did worry her was the oncoming war, a war they could not win with their current numbers. She worried for the safety of the pack, worried they wouldn’t survive the way things were turning out. But it was not for today’s worries. Today she was more worried about a child.

Thyme seemed to have clung on to War, scooting closer as she walked. She had simply minded her own business when this child, out of nowhere, came and followed her for safety. War had never thought herself scary or dangerous – maybe a little, but Thyme didn’t seem to notice right away. War had never, and would never, harm a child. Especially not a packmate’s child. They were to be protected after all. She stopped when Thyme moved closer to her.

It made her uncomfortable. Mostly since she had no relation to children, she had never had children and likely never would have any. She didn’t understand them, and they didn’t understand her too well either. She looked down at the child whom she towered above. ”Are you afraid?” The question could mean a million things, and War meant one thing specifically, but forgot to say that out loud. Thyme could translate it to whatever was on his mind and War would listen.

”How old are you?” Maybe it was time to train the little ones. They seemed keen on her, somehow, she had been finding herself near children a lot before they moved to the canyon, maybe it was simply time she put that into use for the pack. They had to learn the grittiness of war at some point, they had to learn to fight and protect the pack and themselves. Start early. If Thyme was deemed old enough, War would teach him the ways, should he want to.
Loner
38 Posts
Ooc — MAR
Thyme had seen the female around, he was not as familiar with her as the other pack members but nevertheless, he trusted everyone in this pack. They were his family all he ever knew. He had not been afraid of Kynareth either. None of the members because to him their scowls or snarls were normal. He was comfortable around them. He knew nothing different. Though he could tell that his mother was a little different from the rest. But that was maybe because she was his momma.

Then the woman asked if he was afraid. He wanted to shake his head, but he also reminded himself that his mother had said that lying was bad. He didn’t want to be bad, his mother was never mean to him so he didn’t want to be bad for her. He quietly nodded, casting his eyes away. ”My dad, my best friend and his family all vanished at different times,” he admitted to her then.

Thyme looked up at her then. ”Five months,” he told her then, curiously so. What did his age have to do with this?
57 Posts
Ooc — Eoran
Sorry for the hold up! I almost forgot this thread

The boy nodded. He was afraid.

My dad, my best friend and his family all vanished at different times,

Ah. Yes. People had been disappearing a lot lately. Had she been someone else she might have offered him some sort of comfort, or told him not to worry, or told him he wasn't old enough to be so afraid. But War was War. She thought there was reason to be afraid. She wasn't a liar either and so she told the truth to the boy. "You have reason to be afraid. We are few and we are going to war."

"Five months." She nodded and turned around so she stood face to face with him, she didn't patronize him or talk down to him in any way. He was old enough to learn now. "War is coming. You are old enough to learn." he wasn't a regular child. He was a child of the saints.

"I can teach you how to fight." She didn't exactly form that as a question either. It was about time he learned if no one had been teaching him. He had to know of what was to come, he had to learn the reality of the world. She looked at him and then she took a fighting stance. "Copy me." She was obviously not going to fight a child, that he was not big enough for yet. But soon. No for now she would show him the different stances he could take and what they meant.