Redhawk Caldera We'll wind up at Jilly's right after Toot's Shore.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
Raven had really equipped her toolkit during her sabbatical with the Frosthawks and one of those tools was the simplest invocation: "Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference." Especially since returning to the caldera, it had become Towhee's mantra.

She muttered it under her breath as she patrolled under gray skies. She worried about Tierra, of course, but she was now six months of age. She could probably hold her own out there, until she found her way home or somewhere else safe. Still, Towhee worried, and put all her newly learned methods through their paces in an effort to maintain her sense of chill.

The Sovereign paused to sniff at something along the borderline, glad for the distraction. She nodded approvingly at the strong scent markers there before moving along. She wondered what had become of Āzon, even as another thought struck her: one of the scents was familiar, yet not in a personal way. She had yet to properly meet @Aliana, after all this time.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
feel free to still join, Aliana :)

A veritable tornado surged toward the border, legs churning with the effort. He'd heard she was back, but didn't know it for certain until he saw the dark form from afar—he couldn't mistake that patchwork pelt. 

GRAMMA! Killdeer shouted, barreling toward Towhee with the brightest smile upon his face. He brought himself short of colliding with her, but still sent grass and dirt flying as he skittered to a stop, licking her chin and cheeks in delighted abandon.

You're back!!! he exclaimed. Are you alright? Where'd you go? Are you staying? Whatcha doin'?

The questions were rapid-fire, God help Towhee trying to follow them, especially if she wasn't in a position to read his lips. He'd forgotten about that and remained the motor-mouth, vibrating in place and grinning widely.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
That was something she could definitely change. She should go do that, right now. Before Towhee could act on that thought, something came flying at her without warning (she hadn't heard his cry, of course). The Sovereign just about jumped out of her skin and let out a startled sound of surprise, somewhere between a scream and a snarl.

The instant she realized it was only Killdeer, Towhee felt a little awful. "Shit, kiddo, you gave me a frighten!" she crowed, clutching at her chest and beginning to laugh. Gods, she just hoped her overreaction hadn't scared him right back, although maybe he'd think twice before running up on his deaf grandmother next time.

She didn't want him to feel even one second of fear or guilt, though, not on her account. "C'mere, you," she said much more gently, trying to hook an arm around his shoulders and hug him close. "Missed you, Killer. Did you get up to anything interesting while I was gone?" she asked, pulling back to look him in the face.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
Daughter of The Bear
158 Posts
Ooc — Dai
As the ursine-like she-wolf trotted along the borders, she let out a sigh. Aliana missed Azon. She joined because of him, she hoped they live here together...be together... and now he's gone, left without a word. She didn't doubt completely that one day he'd return one way or another but she was sure as hell going to nip him good on the ass for just up and leaving without saying anything! She huffed loudly then noticed a figure up ahead on her patrol path.

It took her a moment to realize who it was; Towhee. Aliana hadn't seen her in a while and last she had heard she was healing from an Ulcer. She noticed one of the pups; Killdeer, run up to her rambling on as pups do. Nonetheless, she gives a smile and a small wag of the tail as she approached the two. Aliana stayed silent as she didn't want to interrupt Killdeer or Towhee.

This is the law of the Jungle, as old and as true as the sky, And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk, the law runneth forward and back; For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.

414 Posts
Ooc — mercury
He'd forgotten Towhee was deaf. He realized as soon as she spooked, and cowered in the face of her reaction, even as she softened and noticed who was greeting her so suddenly. He felt bad, stomach fluttering, eyes downcast, tail tucked to his tummy.

-S-sorry, Grandma,- he responded, his ptero as shaky as his words. He managed a grin, working his way into her embrace even as he still felt uneasy. Missed you, he mumbled, and even though she wouldn't see his lips, he hoped she could feel the sentiment in the way he pressed tightly against her, as if fearing she'd slip loose once more.

He pulled away, and gave the lingering other wolf a curious stare. Hey, he said, then looked back at Towhee. -Where'd you go?- He'd completely missed her question in all the hullabaloo.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,966 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It looks like Aliana went inactive but I'm game to continue this if you are, @Killdeer... (And Aliana can hop right back in if she reactivates, of course!)

She had scared him. Towhee clicked her tongue and frowned at him apologetically, prepared to smush him into another hug to show him she was sorry, when he looked at something over her shoulder. She turned to see a vaguely familiar figure standing nearby and marveled at the coincidence when she realized this must be Aliana.

Waving at her in welcome, the Sovereign turned back to her grandson to answer, -"I went to see my sister, your Great Aunt Raven. I needed her help with a few things."- If Killdeer asked, she might provide more information, yet she didn't feel the need to get into the gory details at the moment, especially with their comrade nearby.

-"What about you?"- she repeated, playfully poking at him. -"Tell me what I missed."-