"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
Private 
gonna powerplay erz in my posts

mireille's jaws split in a yawn. but it was only from the discussions she had sought.
and now there was a crucial one to have.
"maman," she said to both of them. they sat outside the roja den, speaking softly as they did. the evening had just fallen into cold.
"i know sisters from a pack called rivenwood. ah, we have become friends. well, over in de taiga, dere be sometin' happenin.' wid ot'er packs. an' they invited me to go an' i want to go, because i be old enough i t'ink."
the last sentence was spilled out breathlessly. 
erzulie was silent. yet there was something in her two-hued eyes that was bemused. the obsidian only turned to look at @Rosalyn, choosing to say nothing until her wife had responded.
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Mirelle had come with a question and Rosalyn had wondered what that would entail. To gather both of them it had to be somewhat loaded - there were few things she could think of that would require approval of both. Something small and a child was likely to dodge a refusal by asking the one most inclined to give a "yes".

It was not small, but not so big as she thought. Rivenwood. Rosalyn turned the name over a few times but it did not match to any pack she knew. If she'd known the root of it she might have second guessed agreeing, but she had not even recognized Wylla when their paths had crossed only recently. There was nothing to tie this question to the pack upon the mountain.

What is this something? She asked, noting the vague description with amusement. Of course, her mind immediately went to Njord's news, but again she could not recall the packs he'd listed for them. Erzulie did not seem to note any connection, but Rosalyn waited to hear what exactly this activity would be.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
"a hunt. somet'in' about caribou." mireille did not know what they were. but she did not want to seem ignorant before her mothers.
she watched erzulie exchange one of those vaguely telepathic looks with rosalyn and fought the urge to roll her eyes, to sigh impatiently.
"i t'ink it would be all right. hunts go many days. how many do you plan to be gone, mireille?"
the girl struggled. "maybe a week? or ... two?" she ventured, viridian eyes shifting in anticipation to rosalyn. neither of them had said no! that was something then?
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
A hunt with strangers. Rosalyn was not particularly trusting, even on her daughter's word, but learning such a thing outside of their own borders would give her an opportunity. It was not a lesson that Rosalyn ever looked forward to teaching herself, and now even less so than the years before. She had never been a focused pack hunter.

Perhaps, when it is over, we can meet these friends of yours. Yes? Rosalyn asked, the implicit yes lending her a small smile. If Erzulie was fine with it, so was she, and she could see in her wife's gaze that a similar sentiment existed. They could not hide their children from the world, and the temptation to do so had left her a while ago. It always found them eventually - better for them to be prepared in their own time.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille's eyes widened. she had not expected either of them to relent, let alone both. "yes! of course!" she exclaimed. "dey will be happy to meet you." she glanced to erzulie and then back to rosalyn. "especially druid. she is —" mireille inhaled. "well. you will see."
she smiled and then flung herself toward the tanzanite for a hug, then erzulie. the obsidian's laughter encircled them. "you be careful, mon cher."
inexplicably, tears prickled the corners of the girl's eyes.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
It was good that Mirelle had friends outside of Sapphique. True, some day they might steal her away, but at least knowing them would improve the chances that she would not disappear in the wind. Still... if they were a nearby pack, Rosalyn had not heard of them.

There was a time when she would have visited all of their neighbors nearby, she realized.

I'm sure she is, she answered affectionately, amused by Mirelle's description (or lack there of) for her friend. Let us know before you go? And after, perhaps you'll have to show us how a hunt is done. She reached out to ruffle her daughter's cheek. So bright compared to her brothers, though Lobo's lack of diplomacy stemmed more from his behavior than his brother's shyness.

Sapphique could use an ambassador now that she had all but abandoned the role. The thought lurked, but she would wait to share it until the hunt was done. One thing at a time.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
thank u val, very cool!
848 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
she agreed. she ran to each, hugged them both. she breathed the good scent of the sea and pulled away with a joyous grin.
words of love exchanged, mireille charged away, heading to find her amulet and kiss it gently before she set off to find thr rivenwood sisters in a closely later time.