Dragoncrest Cliffs I swear I know what I’m doing
20 Posts
Ooc — Box
Joining 

There.

Their paws slowed to a halt, liver nostrils flaring as they took in a breath of sea breeze and salt.

Here. Their head turned to what they assumed to be the border to this seaside band of others, curiosity flashing in keen sea glass. They carefully picked their way closer, ears tipping from one side to the other with their head as they slunk along the edge.

Sadbh prodded a single toe upon the border, before bringing their leg back, peering over the invisible wall separating them from this pack. Slowly, they dragged their tongue down their nose. They liked the seaside. And hey, here was the only pack they’d found on said seaside.

Ah, what the hell. Maybe they’d need a healer for the winter. Sadbh shrugged, said “to hell with it!”, and tipped their head back to give a call for someone. Hi, hello, did you need a bad tempered nurse?
English|Irish Gaelic
Thick Gaelic accent
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
A caller on the border. Rosalyn rose but took her time in answering, setting a relaxed pace to intercept. Today was not ideal, but she knew if she wished to remain in leadership that did not make a difference. The haze that settled upon her was thicker some days, harder to pierce and to search for clarity.

She did not need to know herself for this, only them. The wolf she arrived at was a small one, hard to pin down at first glance. That hardly mattered either.

What are you looking for? I am Rosalyn, and this is Sapphique.
20 Posts
Ooc — Box
The wolf who appeared was taller than they, and marked with scars that, had they been weaker willed, perhaps would have made them wince to see.

As it was, Sadbh just dipped their head in greeting, giving a twitch of their ears to the sides, before returning their focus to the woman.

Aye. Charmed’ta meet ya, Rosalyn, I’m Sadbh. ‘M seekin an audience with the leaders of your Sapphique, hopin’ to pledge my services as a healer or teacher for the wee ones.
English|Irish Gaelic
Thick Gaelic accent
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
A healer and a teacher. Uncharitably, both were things they had, but that was no reason to turn this wolf away at the gate. My wife and I lead here. She's a healer and can say whether we need another. Not unfriendly, but she wouldn't waste time on that. This next was more interesting. What would you teach?

What skill did this wolf think they offered? Perhaps simply healing, perhaps something more. Solaire would benefit. The children she thought would not were also gone, but for the moment, she was set in the world a year previous.
20 Posts
Ooc — Box
Sadbh’s eyes widened minutely, before dipping their head in a nod to acknowledge they’d heard.

I used’ta teach a wee bit of everything. Healing, botany, survival. I even taught entrail readin’ for a time. Some of my more..”adventurous” students got an education in poisonous plants. They missed teaching the wayne, watching them learn at their heels what to eat when alone and what not to of prey wasn’t an option, what berries would be tasty and what would rather kill you to eat.

But that had been before.
English|Irish Gaelic
Thick Gaelic accent
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
omg I love them <3 and this timing

Rosalyn had held clear doubts that the answer would sincerely interest her. Her bar was not high on entry - particularly for a femme wolf, something this one read in part. But at the comment on divining, Rosalyn was visibly caught.

You are a seer? She asked, looking at them with renewed interest. What do you know of ghosts? Rosalyn couldn't help herself - the question was almost immediate.
20 Posts
Ooc — Box
<333

Ghosts?

Quite a bit, used’ta be my duty on Samhain. Sadbh pressed their ears forward, thick tail curving behind them as they thought.

I know a fair few divinin skills other than entrail readin, but that’s always been my go to. They’d taught more than their fair share of youngin’s to read what was spelt in the guts. Everything about them had a story, even Sadbh’s skeptical mother had agreed to that.
English|Irish Gaelic
Thick Gaelic accent
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Then perhaps you can make some sense of a dream one of ours was having. If she returns. Haunt had said she would, but in time, it would turn out to be a promise she'd keep only at her end.

Until then, welcome. We'd be glad to have you. She could only assume for Erzulie, but her wife could perhaps share some common interests. Perhaps not divining, but the medical trade seemed sparse with those willing to converse in remedies. Rosalyn had never held this interest. Come, let's see if we can introduce you to my wife.

If you like we can wrap here! I'll get them titled up!
20 Posts
Ooc — Box
She welcomed them in with a statement about the ghost haunting the dreams of one of their own. Their head gave a sharp snap down, a quick nod.

Once more unto the breach, Sadbh. Time to make it or break it.

Im good to fade <3
English|Irish Gaelic
Thick Gaelic accent