Ouroboros Spine Small infinity
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
All Welcome 
No obligation, of course. Only if you might have the time and space for another one with me. Otherwise anyone is welcome here. ^^; <3

The chill in the air was far more bitter than what had been anticipated, though the warrior’s lean figure had put on more weight since he had pledged himself to Moonglow. Foxfur had found a kind of restless peace that had carried him through the territory, discovering the areas he had not seen before, tending dutifully to the edges of the territory that did not have markings as strong.

The warrior’s purpose had been diverted. It had not been an active decision, at least he had tried to reason with himself. Kukutux and her kin had merely offered a place that was close to home, close to familiarity without matching Foxfur’s home precisely. The pale woman of the moon and her starlit daughter were impressive figures who had stolen some of the warrior’s allegiance. All would return to normal when he had found Crowfeather, he thought tiredly.

A fine white fox was clasped in his teeth. Foxfur sought out @Kukutux, for the woman had said that she could turn furs into bedding if he were to bring them to her. The warrior also wished to see how she fared since they had last spoken.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kiliutak had been sent out of their village. sivullik had been chosen anew. kigipigak had been given the path to duskfire. moonglow swayed and prepared for snow, and for the winter hunt.

the idea of such things delighted kukutux. for she and aiolos to take the cloudberry wife and all their six children, and the hunters, of moonglow to winter ulax pleased the woman greatly.

foxfur found her in this way. she saw the pelt that he carried and looked upon him as hunter. "it is good to see your face again," moonwoman murmured in greeting.
[Image: pSj9vo4.png]
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
It was the green in her eyes that he saw first. The warrior bowed his head deeply, respectfully, and approached on slowed steps to where the white wolf stood.

The words that she offered him were kind. It touched Foxfur to know that the leader of Moonglow was a well-spoken wolf, charming in a manner that was disarming. The honesty of her words, perhaps a simplicity, but the weary wolf did not really know what it was. As he drew his dusty gaze back to her features, he realized that it might simply have been her display of compassion.

It is good to see you, as well, he returned, ears pointed tall on his head. I have brought a pelt, as you had instructed. A white fox. The warrior placed the prize on the ground in front of her. When he drew his head up, he found himself wondering how the wolf of the moon had been faring since they had last spoken.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
foxfur had been among them for many days, but still it seemed as though an exhausting spirit still perched unseen upon his shoulder. 

he had brought a white fox pelt. she was reminded suddenly, starkly, of her words with adrastus of bride-price and marriage. 

kukutux nosed through the fur, inspecting its goodness and how carefully foxfur had removed it from the animal's body. she turned it to reveal the skin side. "a hand of time. it is sacred, this white fur. a week, and i will bring it to your ulaq."

this was moonwoman's path to asking if the hunter had settled himself in moonglow.
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Sacred, hm, the warrior mused over her words as his eyes did not lift from the pelt. He watched as the woman inspected it carefully and seemed pleased. It would do well for him to make his den a home while he resided in Moonglow. Perhaps it would feel more like a home, given the right effort.

Might I ask how the fox is sacred? Foxfur inquired, curiosity pricking at his mind.

The weary brown of his eyes drifted up to her features. The lady of Moonglow was quite lovely, he could not help but notice. She had made a fine home for herself, her people, her children. The more time that he had spent there had revealed to Foxfur that the clan was prosperous in more ways than one. There were quite a few members there, all of them moving actively about the territory. The warrior hoped that this would mean winter would not be quite so difficult.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
"each turn of the season, cousin hare changes his parka. he wears all colors. he lives beneath all suns. he comes to tell us that spring comes to the world, and he tells us also when the long snow darkens it."

the woman reached out a small paw to caress the striking pelt. "the man who hunts a white fox is chosen of sedna to be a great hunter." 

it boded well for any plans foxfur might have to bind himself more closely in moonglow. she felt his watchful eyes upon her, and veiled jadeite gaze below her dark lashes.
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The warrior listened intently as Kukutux spoke of the hare and his seasonal changes. She then went on to say that the man who hunted the white fox was a chosen figure, blessed by Sedna – or this was how he had interpreted her answer.

For only a moment, Foxfur’s light brown gaze danced with humor. He enjoyed the way that the woman of the moon spoke, the stories that she shared in the way that seemed fitting of her. Moonglow was a beautiful place. The warrior did not wish to think of leaving it, not so soon. Still, the hunt for the missing princeling weighed heavily on his mind.

Was it difficult for you? Foxfur asked suddenly, his reddish ears swiveling atop his head. To leave behind your home and journey here?
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
the duck was surprised. it showed in the soft blink of her jadestone eyes. but she swiftly recovered. "yes."

"i came to many places before moonspear. in each, i learned new things. and then i made moonglow with sialuk. it was my path, i think."

she wondered if foxfur would find a true sleep among their ulax.
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The way that Kukutux spoke reminded Foxfur of the medicine wolves he had known in his life. They had a peculiar way of speaking to their faith, a way that suggested it was all they needed. The warrior had never been good at these things – the belief in a larger being or a greater purpose – and so he had always been quiet when they were discussed. The weary figure did not want to dishonor the woman by ignoring her statement.

It must be nice to have such sound faith in your path, Foxfur said to her, his snout pointed down. His tone did not hint at his disbelief. What have you brought from your homeland to this place? Beliefs, traditions, prayers, Foxfur wanted to know what she had done to ease the pain of leaving her home.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
kukutux had not thought of these things for some time.

"there was a shaking of the ground beneath my village. great rocks fell. grandfather tusk and i lived. but he did not live for long."

her voice was somber, but her eyes told him he was kind to ask. "if i had not made a path to moonglow, i would not have become wisewoman or anaa."
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Foxfur listened closely, pensive in his expression.

She spoke of a quaking in the earth, of the loss of her family. The warrior could not help but to feel saddened by this, no matter the positive impact it had. It was not his life to live, he had to remind himself, and it did little good to be pessimistic about it toward her. She was strong for having endured.

You are a good leader here, Moonwoman, he confided in her quietly. I am certain that your path would have been remarkable, no matter the circumstances. Foxfur offered her a tired smile and a small bow of his head.
Moonglow
Alpha*
3,103 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Missionary
Master Seer
Master Medic
last for me! would love an updated one <3

kukutux smiled at foxfur's words.

she would send sialuk to him again.

"go and find sleep, hunter," she urged softly. "it is my want that your dreams are peaceful."

she touched the white fox fur, and would lift it to her chest when the man had gone, considering the path before moonglow.
136 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Foxfur bowed his head to the woman of the moon. He was touched by her words, by her kindness.

The weary figure turned to return to his den. Though he would not rest through the night, he would watch over Moonglow with a careful eye. Duty had always driven the warrior. He was bound to it, fulfilled by it. He could not help but to feel as though he had done wrong. The Starsea still needed him to return their prince. It was not a thought that he could shake from his mind.