Totoka River Myths Create Their Own
7 Posts
Ooc — Kaiya
Read Only 
There's a particular way to every traveling path. Ups and downs, out and abouts, and curves that twist this way and turn that way. It all melts together, eventually. Isari had long since passed that 'eventually'. 

She had heard that word a lot in her short lifetime. Eventually. Often, when it was spoken to her, it was supposed to be a promise, a reassurance of some sort. You will learn eventually, mon chéri. Practice more and, eventually, you will score yourself a meal. Your parents will come back eventually, ma fille. 

But still, she had never found comfort in the word. Something about it always seemed fake, made to take the place of the silence that tended to burrow into one's soul and mind. If Isari was honest with herself, which she did not happen to be often, then she would know that, according to technicalities, eventually did make a proper substitute for that eerie quiet. Not only that, but it was stronger. Eventually dug itself further than the silence, it passed her soul, her mind, and pierced the wolfess' heart with a brutal sting. 

And yet, she couldn't help but find herself making the same empty promise to herself as she followed the river she had stumbled upon. 

Eventually, she told herself. Eventually, I will find a place to rest again. Eventually, I will be able to find enough food to last me another day or two. Eventually, I will not have to worry about such trivial things. Eventually, I will make it. Eventually, eventually, eventually.

"Eventually," Isari whispered to the leaves that she crushed quietly, in perfect tune with her gait. "Eventually, I will make it," the wolfess told herself again. She would not allow this word to let her down again. Eventually, she would make it. And may the world rue that day.

This is just another post to help me get used to writing Isari's character! Of course, you could also find it useful if you wanted to get further into Isari's mind. I simply wrote it because I had an inkling of a muse and wanted to get it out into the world! It's a little lengthy for something that is of practically no importance so if you read the entire thing I feel like I should thank you. So, thank you! You're all wonderful!! <3
Isari speaks both English and French
Don't ever be afraid to reach out about anything. You're all amazing!! Thank you <3