Firestone Hot Springs Stench
36 Posts
Ooc — Blue
All Welcome 
Hot springs were on Taliesin's "do not interact" list for sure. Except when it was cold. Taliesin was particularly sensitive to strong scents, and though he was known for his strange affinity for scents of all kinds, he drew the line at nose-burning intensity. Hot springs crossed that line, so they were usually a no-go.
Thing was, the cold suited him even less. So when he found himself shivering and the vague promise of hot springs in the distance, he headed right for it. Luckily his eyesight wasn't failing him, and he found exactly what he was looking for. Taliesin wasted no time in lowering himself into one of the pools, coughing a little on the strong smell.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
She found herself at the hot springs again, drawn there by the warmth it promised. She could get over the smell as long as she didn't stay too long. The pungent odor would definitely give her a headache if she spent to much time with it in her nose. 

She could tell the second she entered the area because the biting air suddenly turned more bearable. The scent of the stranger was hidden at first, but when she did finally notice it, she followed it to one of the steaming pools. You're brave to submerge yourself in there, she said, keeping a respectable distance between them. It might be difficult to get the smell out of your fur. It was why Arielle just perched next to the pools instead of getting inside the water.
36 Posts
Ooc — Blue
The strong smell combined with the lethargic heat and the sound of water in his ears was the perfect set up for an unwelcome surprise. Taliesin hated being unaware when someone was approaching, so he definitely didn't appreciate it when he was startled by a dark girl. Especially since she was being rather nosy, in his opinion. It was weird for a stranger to care about a lingering bad smell in another wolf's fur.
He was tempted to just ignore her, but he didn't. Just takes a couple baths, Taliesin mumbled sullenly, sitting up a little straighter and eyeing the girl warily. I like baths anyway. There wasn't much more to it. He wondered if he was being mocked, as there was nothing particularly brave about any of it. Sometimes people thought he was gross. Never brave.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Yeah, you're right, she said with a shrug of her slender shoulders. 

She stood on the edge of the pool and peeked over to look at the water. I usually just lay on the rocks to warm up, but I bet it does feel pretty nice in the water. It was getting colder every day, and she couldn't help but be intrigued by how nice the warm pool would feel against her skin. 

Can I join you? Arielle asked, looking back up to the stranger, careful not to meet his gaze.
36 Posts
Ooc — Blue
She went on, explaining her own mundane habits as if she and Taliesin were friends. He didn't really care, but neither was he bothered enough to be rude about it. So he listened, and nodded when she asked if she could join. Sure, He said, closing his eyes and wondering what he'd done to deserve this. You live around here? Might as well try to get some information out of her.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Arielle carefully lowered herself in the water. It did feel so much better than the rocks. She thought it was worth it to smell weird for a few days. 

She was quiet for a few moments as the warmth spread over her skin, her eyes closed in relief. But when the stranger asked a question, her eyelids lifted, and a small smile curved her lips. Yes, I live on the mountain near that forest, she answered, lifting her nose in the direction of home. My pack is Ursus. 

Do you live anywhere near here or are you just passing through? the healer asked, equally interested in gathering information.
36 Posts
Ooc — Blue
As the interaction dragged on, Taliesin found himself relaxing a little. At least she hadn't been mocking him — that was something. Enough to try to give her a chance, at least, though Taliesin still wasn't much in the mood for company. Just the thought of carrying a conversation made him want to take a nap, but he was here and feeling less irritable by the second, so with an internal shrug he started to formulate some kind of lie for his response.
Ursus, huh? I'm looking for someone, actually, He lied smoothly, trying to remember what that one kid he'd met had looked like. He's got dark fur, pale eyes. Know anyone like that? One eye cracked open to peer at her, watching for her reaction. He was invested in this now, though he still lacked any desire for it.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
Dark fur and pale eyes. Only one came to mind at the stranger's description—Aventus. His fur was a deep, dark black until the light hit it just right and illuminated stripes of blue; it fascinated her. And his eyes were the loveliest shade of silver she had ever seen. They were like the moon and equally fascinating. The prince filled her thoughts so often that she wondered if that was why it was so easy for her to think of him now with just the stranger's vague description. Her cheeks warmed. 

But she should answer his question. That sounds like my— Packmate? Friend? neither felt right in her heart. Friend, she settled on. His name is Aventus; he's part of Ursus too. Had this man met the prince?
36 Posts
Ooc — Blue
Ha! It worked! Taliesin worked hard to hide his glee, already spinning up a story in his head. Yep, that's him, He said, nodding gravely as if in recognition. I've got an important message for him. I can't stick around here long, though. You seem like you know him well, so maybe you could tell him for me? He spoke as if she would be doing him a great favor, just a touch imploring. And what was this important message he had for this boy Aventus of Ursus? Well, he hadn't gotten that far yet. Great stories took time, after all.
355 Posts
Ooc — hela
He did know Aventus! How strange that she would find someone out here who knew the prince. Or she guessed it wasn't all that strange; he probably met plenty of strangers while out on his own. 

This man had an important message for the raven. Yes, of course, she answered. Who can I tell him the message is from? she asked since they had not exchanged names. She was very curious what this stranger had to tell the bruin-jaw. She had seen no recognition on his face when she mentioned Ursus, but that didn't necessarily mean anything.