Duskfire Glacier fly little bird
3 Posts
Ooc — Wither
All Welcome 
Moons had come and gone, flying past as slowly as possible just to remind Nara of the experiences of the world she was missing. While her eldest brother flew the coop to find a life of his own, she had stayed behind with the rest of her litter to look after Tuuluuwaq.

Healing took time and patience, which they all had much of. Tulu had become better with the time he was given. He was more like himself, though, not completely. It was enough to allow more birds to fly. Nara was the first to go. 

Eager and determined. Courageous but cautious. With a head forever held high, she would find her way. But first — time to visit that old eagle: @Issorartuyok

Skilled as both hunter and tracker, it didn't take much to find tidbits of his scent lying around the earth. After a few days travel, she was led to a territory she had never visited before. Markers were lined heavily, but his scent lingered above most of all. Had he finally found himself a pack? Was he the one leading it? Only one way to find out.

Pausing with only a paw over the border, Tanaraq lifted her chin high and called for her brother; the first she'd made to him in a long time. She was excited to see him again.. to see what all he'd made for himself in this world of independence. Who knows — maybe she would join him.
190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Going to detain Tanaraq with Veteran for a bit, until Tuuluu's joining thread is more settled.

Veteran was already occupied at the border of the Polaris Icefield, layering scent heavily on the pack's northern boundary. He hated it out here, for reasons he had described before to Issorartuyok: it was far too open and exposed for his liking. But the very reason he hated this part of the border was also the reason he needed to spend more time on it, making absolutely certain that there would be no question as to whether this was pack territory. 

The howl came from nearby, kicking Veteran's suspicions about Tuuluuwaq into overdrive. Two siblings of Issorartuyok's were randomly arriving on the same exact day? When Issorartuyok happened to be conveniently absent? Was this some kind of con, meant to stack the pack with rogue scammers so it could be looted from the inside? 

Not on Veteran's watch. 

He wasted no time charging to the newcomer's position, knowing he would only have a few minutes to exchange words with her before his mother arrived. The boy stopped his charge short at the edge of the border he had freshly laid, surveying the stranger with skepticism. "Issorartuyok isn't here," he informed her curtly, watching her face for her genuine reaction.
3 Posts
Ooc — Wither
Upon eventual arrival, the body appeared as one not recognized to be her eldest brother. This one was far younger. The words he then offered only proved her fear. Isso wasn't where he was meant to be.

Not here? She reiterated, facials plain with only a lifted brow to show off her surprise. This wasn't exactly how she was expecting to be greeted.

The scent I followed wasn't too fresh. Guess it is a fault of my own. The babbling led her astray, nearly causing her to disregard the stranger in front of her. And you are?
190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
"His apprentice," Veteran answered truthfully, albeit a little vaguely. 

"What do you want with him?" He tilted his head, his curiosity overpowering his suspicion, for now at least. His ears swiveled backwards, searching for the telltale crunching of snow which would indicate that his mother was approaching.
3 Posts
Ooc — Wither
The mention of being an apprentice to Issorartuyok surprised Tanaraq. Her brother? A mentor? It would never have been thought of until now.

Really? She rhetorically questioned, raising a brow thoughtfully. I would never have guessed my brother would take up such an interest.

The inquiry regarding her presence was nearly missed and forgotten. It was only an attentive gaze that returned her attention. Just a few days ago, I parted from the remnants of my family. Issorartuyok was the first to go and find independence. I was curious to see how his new life coming. Though, as you said, I am unfortunate to have missed him.

This is pack territory.. Obviously stated, given her current welcome committee and the pungent markers lining the earth. I am not foolish enough to step where I am not welcome. If it better suites for comfort, I will return in the next season and call for him again, in the hopes he has returned.

By these words, the decision had already been made. Nara left no crevice to be welcomed in and permitted to stay Isso returned. Even if such an invitation was given, would she accept it? Wandering through strange land would do her no benefit.
187 Posts
Ooc — hela
He hadn't planned on spending much time within the glacier until Isso returned, and it had not been his intention to come upon the lands today. 

But he had been down by the river, cleaning his fur and taking a drink of the delightfully icy water. The only thing really that reminded him of home. The days were too warm here, being was submerged in the river was the only time he felt remotely comfortable. 

But today—today the scent of family had pulled him north to the glacier. Not his brother's scent, but his sister's. At first, he thought it was just his mind playing tricks, using his homesickness against him. But the the wind brought it to his nose again, and it was fresh. At the very least, he had to investigate, but he was careful not to allow hope to settle in his chest. 

He froze the second she came into sight. Nara? he said. How? He wasn't aware that anyone else had left home. Of course he had been gone wandering, as he often did, for a few days before he impulsively made the decision to leave. 

Tuulu trotted forward and butted his head against hers if she allowed the affection. He then looked to the distrustful pup. He had clearly been giving his older sister the first degree, which only made the northerner like the kid more. He offered a curt nod. This is my older sister Tanaraq, he explained. It seems Issorartuyok will have two family members awaiting his return. He looked back to his sibling, then. I've been told he will return in a few weeks. He wondered if she would wait here too, or if she would continue on and check back in later; he hoped she would choose the former but would understand if she didn't.
190 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
The woman seemed surprised by Veteran's assertion, which in turn surprised the boy. 

"Sounds like you don't know him very well." This only served to strengthen Veteran's suspicion. 

She started talking about leaving, and that made Veteran a little uncomfortable. As suspicious as he was, he also didn't want to make a mistake here. What if Issorartuyok never got a chance to reunite with his sister, and it was all his fault? Furthermore, his mom would kill him if she found out he'd been unwelcoming to Issorartuyok's kin. 

"Well.." Veteran started, trying to find a way to backpedal. "Your other brother--" 

Oh, well, speak of the devil. Your other brother is here too, is what Veteran had meant to say, but that fact was now made obvious by the man's appearance. 

Tuuluuwaq swiftly identified the woman, which did little to assuage Veteran's fears. Of course Tuuluuwaq would vouch for her, if they were in on the con together. Tuuluuwaq went on to assume-- rather brazenly in Veteran's opinion-- that Issorartuyok would have two siblings awaiting his return. 

"Well we still have to ask Mom!" Veteran insisted, doing his best not to sound whiny (but also sort of failing in that). Tuuluuwaq was probably correct in his assumption; since Lane had allowed Tuuluuwaq to stay, reasoning dictated that she would extend the same offer to Tanaraq. But still. There were rules for a reason, and these new people needed to get with the program.
604 Posts
Ooc — Zoo
Medic
Ambassador
Ranger
"Ask me what?" Lane questioned, swooping in. A little crowd had already gathered at the border, which she saw as a good thing. It meant her pack's guardians were on their toes. 

Lane's appraising, honey gaze settled on the newcomer. "Another Tatkret?" she asked. She had not been particularly deductive; the woman had howled for her brother, and here one stood with her. 

"Are you wanting to stay too?" Lane asked. She wasn't sure how much information had been disseminated before she joined the little party. "I'll make you the same offer I did Tuuluuwaq: you can stay within out borders as a guest, until Issorartuyok comes home. After that, it will be up to him as to whether he'd like to extend an offer of full membership." 

And now, with that business out of the way--

"I'm Lane. Issorartuyok and I lead Duskfire Glacier together." Lane's eyes trailed down to her son, who was looking a little more prickly than she'd like, given the fact that the stranger wasn't really a stranger. She was Issorartuyok's family, and she should be treated as such. Lane wondered if she and her son were destined to always butt heads on how to treat strangers at the border.

Writing a fade for this and will archive, since nara fell inactive. we will proceed to forward assuming that nara chose not to stay at duskfire, and she departed. when you bring her back wither, feel free to post a thread with the "joining" label and i'll get her added to the ranks right away.

No matter what Tuuluuwaq's sister decided-- whether she wished to remain with them or push onward in her travels-- Lane knew that she would need to eat, rest, and catch up with her brother. She was more than welcome to Duskfire Glacier's caches as a guest, and to rest within the borders as long as she wished. "Come, everyone. Let's move this conversation to the caches, so we can have this discussion on full stomachs." Lane would then lead the group into Duskfire Glacier and to the nearest cache. She would ignore any small protests from Veteran-- there were sure to be a few-- and discipline any kind of major whining or complaint with a swift nip. The family of Issorartuyok were honored guests, and they should be treated as such.