Shadowwyn Moor Outrun the Past
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Mature 
[ooc - private to Avery Cruor, who will be joining later.]
"Where the fuck are you, Avery?" Violante snarled aloud, pacing angrily back and forth, her tail lashing. They'd both agreed to this - split up for scouting, leave her horrid fucking family behind, and meet up here at dusk. Well, dusk had come and gone; the night bled, purples, deep blues, and inky blacks, with only the moon and the stars for company. Violante was quite alone. "If you aren't here by midnight, I'm going on ahead," she hissed softly. Normally, she felt strong, capable, with Avery. But now? In this foreign land, without him by her side, she felt...

'Don't you think that, Violante!' It was her own conscious snarling in her head. 'You are not that, nor have you ever been.'

The woman sighed, then clenched her jaw. No. She couldn't afford to panic. She took a slow, steady breath, then ceased her pacing. Her heart was still beating rapidly, but it was starting to slow. A sudden snap made her jerk around, and she bared all of her teeth in a snarl, only to find - a hare.

She stared at it. It stared back. Then, it bolted, and Violante raced after it. Her jaws opened wide, and she'd snatched up the hare, giving it a rough shake. Bones splintered, and it was dead.

"At least I have dinner." Violante growled to herself, tone dripping with sarcasm.
Physical Health (100/100)

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery’s claws dug deep into the ground as he pushed his body faster. Anger radiated from him. He knew he was late. Avery threw his head back and howled, hoping to signal to Violante that he was finally on his way. The adrenaline that remained from challenging his alpha’s command lingered.

His alpha had warned him numerous times that he needed to stop seeing her. It was only a matter of time before he was given the ultimatum. Stop, or be banished. Of course losing her was never an option. He saw her as his mate, and he would go through anyone who would even attempt to stand in his way.

Growling viciously, Avery had stared down his alpha while hovering over the body of his beta - who he had just killed. With one last snarl, Avery had turned his back on his pack.

Panting heavily, Avery stopped to shake the blood from his fur and howled once more, he was nearing their meeting spot now. He inhaled and immediately found her scent. One he knew instantly.

Nose to the ground he followed her scent until he saw her. He raced towards her and halted when he saw her expression. He knew he was in trouble.  "Well gorgeous,  you're not the only one who's packless now." Avery chuckled as he sunk to the ground, rolling onto his back and flashing Violante a smirk.
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Avery's howl reached her ears just as she started on her hare. She howled back, impatient and on edge, then sunk to lie down as she ate. It was gone in minutes, with nothing left, and then Violante took up her pacing again - she only stopped when she heard Avery's second, and much closer call. When he finally showed, she cast him an impatient look and a scowl. When Avery mentioned them both being packless now, she told him "We could always make our own." It had never really occurred to her before, but now that they were here, what was stopping them? Sighing heavily, she muttered, "Or we could find another to join." She made to move into him, if he'd allow her.

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Avery let out a contented sigh as Violante moved towards him. He always loved feeling her fur and weight against his own. Avery sunk to the ground, completely exhausted from his night already. He thought about making his own pack. The thought made him smile grimly. Being honest with himself, Avery could admit that the idea did appeal, slightly.

His own pack might actually give him a chance to rest and stop roaming. Avery had always struggled with dominance battles in the past due to his natural bold personality. He was constantly on the move. His latest pack being just another one in his long history of banishments. Instead, Avery deflected Violante’s suggestion, grumbling at her, “Our own pack? Would you like the moon and stars while we’re at it?”
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
If Violante was being honest with herself... she yearned for power. She'd never been powerful - not under Vex's rule. But now, things could be different. Now, she could be free. But when Avery met her words with his usual snark, she growled at him, shoving him with her shoulder. "I mean it," she insisted angrily, lashing her tail behind her. "We could - I don't know - look for others. Make... friends." Now that particular thought was a foreign concept to Violante.

Violante nodded westwards, saying, "This is our chance, Avery. For a fresh start. Please-" One thing Violante had never done before, was plead for something. She meant what she said, just as always. She just needed him to be serious about it. "Just think about it." Her tone held a note of finality; she'd say no more on the subject, for now.

Mental Health (100/100)

174 Posts
Ooc — Aero
Awestruck by the plea in her words, Avery did stop to think. I suppose I don't mind being in charge, and I could do anything as long as I have her by my side. 

Grumbling Avery asked "Does this mean we have to split up again?" 
190 Posts
Ooc — The System
Violante chuckled, t hen pressed her muzzle to his cheek. "For now. I'll call for you soon. Until then... look for others. I'll do the same." She gave him a small, somewhat rare smile, then turned and loped off, a new fire burning in her heart; she would do what her family never thought her capable of. Hell... maybe here, she could make a new family. With Avery - because there was one thing Violante knew... she was entering heat.

Mental Health (100/100)