Sunset Valley swison
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
513 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Fisher
Ecologist
Druid quietly wondered if her sister and friend found Nyra’s answer as dissatisfying as she did. If it was only luck, then was there anything she could teach them about defending themselves against larger predators? Heda read her mind again, pressing the subject, while Mireille contributed her meek two cents.

If there was anything she intended to ask, she soon forgot about it when the redhead pressed closer to her. She made a strange sound which sent Druid’s ears to flickering, though she quickly realized Mireille’s teeth were chattering. She frowned thoughtfully and leaned into the other girl.

Heda, I think Mireille and I are going to head over there, Druid decided aloud, gesturing with her snout toward some trees clustered at the foot of the nearby glacier. Will you be okay here with Nyra, and… She cast her mismatched eyes around for the man whose name she didn’t know, spotting him in the distance, working the herd.
This is my art, and it is dangerous
1,693 Posts
Ooc — Liv
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Nyra could see the dissatisfaction in the three girls. 
Unsure what to do, Nyra softly exhaled, about to try and explain when the more confident of the three pressed the matter. 

An amused chuckle brushed her lips.

"Yes, I'm with Moonglow. The pack I once led has collapsed due to war, and I have two others with me who have also seeked refuge with Kukutux's village. Remember to weigh your actions before you act, young ones. You don't always know who will retaliate, or how much power they hold. I have been learning this lesson the hard way. By extension, if another cougar did show up, I'm not currently able to fight as well as I could. I would most likely die if I were to try again. I'm injured, and still healing from the war I spoke of." Nyra answered, twirling a couple times so the girls might see the more recent wounds that were still trying to scar over.
Fury is in peak condition
Health (100/100)
Fury claims a +6 buff in all combat dice rolls
Rivenwood
Den Mother*
listening
1,120 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Birdcatcher
Master Missionary
ope last for meeee

there was a lot happening. first druid began talking, and then nyra began talking. heda tried to listen to everything at once, giving a distracted nod toward druid as she gathered the gist that her sister and their friend were leaving. 
nyra was honest, forming a grim reality? war? she wanted to ask more, but the weight of the words pulled at her. the caribou were moving on. heda fell into step with the moonglow woman. "i hope i never have to fight a cougar."
she would catch up with druid and mireille later. for now she would seek whatever details more that nyra might reveal.
Sapphique
Obsidian*
"mireille?? more like misandreille *cackles*"
thank u val, very cool!
833 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Ecologist
Historian
mireille was grateful for druid, very grateful. she watched heda stay with the moonglow wolf, frowning as she thought about the answer. maybe there was more to be gleaned at a later time. for now she only wanted to be out of the unnatural cold. wintertime at the seaside was piercing, but it would have been upon her own shores and her own land that she encountered this.
"i t'ink after dis dat i will not come so far," she half-joked, half-affirmed, pressing against druid as they trudged away. she figured that heda would rejoin them at a later time.
for now she would enjoy hers with druid.