Duskfire Glacier cry, my dear.. but do not bleed
32 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
This is set shortly after Askari accepts Lane's invitation to join. Anyone is welcome to hop in and get to know the lass ^^

Oh, what a thought. Me? In a pack? It certainly wasn't what she had envisioned for such the near future. Whether remaining temporary or becoming permanent, this would take some time to get used to.

Curious of what would become her new homeland, Askari traversed the glaciers at a steady pace. Much was to be seen and, hopefully, many were to be met. Through this trek, company wasn't promised, however, she knew better than to steer clear of Duskfire's inhabitants too long. What purpose was there for her to be here if she wasn't somewhat social? Being an outcast wasn't to be favored.

In time, her heart would settle. Even if it wasn't here, she would find her belonging in the world. But, for now, Askari was determined to do all she could for Lane and her people.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
There was a new scent upon the glacier’s land, one that had not been there before.

The northerner had recognized most of the fragrances that had been found on the edge of their claim. He had made a habit of patrolling throughout the day, keeping their borders touched and marked. There had been calls from visitors, he had heard one or two of them. The large male had only had the opportunity to answer one for himself. The rest of his time was spent fortifying their caches, filling them with prey, expanding their stores so that they could be fit for the snow.

Issorartuyok had been working on one of the larger storage spaces when he had caught the new scent. It drew his dark muzzle from the earth and pulled his eyes toward a figure he was certain had not been in their ranks before.

The northerner chuffed, a small greeting to alert her of his presence.
32 Posts
Ooc —
My apologies for such a short response. It's been a long day :p

The newly company was no surprise. Someone was bound to find her roaming the glaciers sooner or later. She was a stranger to them, after all.

Upon hearing a small chuff, Askari turned to face them, acknowledging the approach.

He was not new here. No. This man had been here for a far lengthier time.

Though minding space, the small specimen took a step or two closer — just close enough that he had a better vision of her and she him.

We have not met before, The red one first began, lifting her chin by some form of confidence. I am Askari. And who are you to the glaciers?
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We have not, he reiterated with a small smile.

The woman was new to him, but that was not saying much. Issorartuyok had been doing his best to make himself known to the wolves of the glacier, to be a sound leader while Wintersbane recovered from his tragic injuries. Try as he might, the northerner had not met all the residents of the village. He knew there would be some that would escape his eye, but he hoped to sniff them out.

I am Issorartuyok, a man of the northern snow. I am one of the acting leaders in this village, he answered her query easily. It was fair that she asked who he was. By revealing that she did not know his position there, he could assume that she had not been a member of their ranks when he and Lane had stepped forward to offer their services. Askari must have been new to their numbers.
32 Posts
Ooc —
In the time it took the man to speak, Askari was careful to assess him.

The tunic would be well remembered, as would the name he offered her. This information would be needed later, should they meet again. 

''I am one of the acting leaders of this village.''

Ahah. So that's where the name sounded so familiar.

In this case, they surely would be seeing each other a second time.

Oh, yes. Lane had mentioned you during our first encounter. A pleasure to meet you, Issorartuyok. Out of politeness and also respect for superiority, Askari dipped her head briefly, lessening the height of her ears a tad as well. Hopefully it didn't seem to naive and submissive, but it had been a custom with her former people.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
The watchfulness in her eyes was not something he missed, but he was swift to assume she was searching him to see if she could determine whether he was a fit leader. It was fine. The village members were safe to watch him and to wonder. If the woman had questions, she could ask and expect an honest answer. Issorartuyok did not have much to hide from those he served.

How are you liking it here?

The interest was genuine. The large male wanted to know if she was enjoying herself as a newer member to the glacier ranks. When he had been fresh to their roster, he had found himself spending a good deal of time alone or searching for the few familiar faces that he knew – Meerkat sprung to mind quickly. Askari would need to be welcomed in as a new member of their family. She was one of their own.
32 Posts
Ooc —
So far, I've found myself entranced. The lands are beautiful, as is the bond the people here share. Lane speaks fondly of Duskfire and I can surely see why. 

If it wasn't already clear, Askari's view of packs had changed. Although hers had not been the most pleasant, this one had proven different.

How long have you been a leader here? I know that Lane said it had only been a short time for her, however, I wonder if you've stood in such a role for longer... or shorter, whichever the case may be. This man drew curiosity from her, urging questions to be asked. If staying here would ever be an option, knowing more of glacier blood would be of upmost necessity.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
When Askari spoke of the glacier, it was with fondness. This pleased the northern man. He smiled at her words, bowing his head in understanding. The village had good people who had a strong bond with each other. The glacier was fortified by its members. Issorartuyok had not anticipated to find such an appealing home when he had first arrived.

Askari then inquired how long he had been in the position of a leader. Issorartuyok glanced toward her with a warm gaze. The darkness in his eyes regarded the sharpness of her features before he answered.

I was appointed a leader at the same time Lane was appointed, the large man answered. We stepped forward to assist after the man of the glacier had fallen ill. Issorartuyok did not understand the details of why Wintersbane had been forced to step down, but he felt only a severe illness could have pulled the man from his post.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Before there was one. Now there were two she admired. Both made the choice to step from the ranks and set their priorities to lead a pack in need.

The glacier man fell ill? May I ask what happened to him? A look of sincere concern flooded her gaze. 

A place here she was to call her home and she knew so little. 

My apologies for this being so short. There wasn't much to respond to and my brain is at a loss, hah.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
Oh, you do not need to apologize for your reply length. ^.^; I love short responses! I’m just grateful to write with you.

The newcomer to their village asked what happened to the man Wintersbane. Issorartuyok looked toward her with sincerity. He wished he knew more about what had pulled the man from his place in the village, but it had only been treated as an emergency. The northerner had stepped forward out of honor. It filled a desire he had and allowed him to serve the people of the glacier.

I do not know. Something terrible, is all I have been told. We are uncertain if he will recover, but the healers have been tending to his needs.

Askari was rightfully curious, he knew this. It felt like a heavy conversation to hold with her.

Tell me of your home before this one?
32 Posts
Ooc —
an acknowledging gesture, Askari let her chin fall for a silent moment, eyes closing briefly. Little would others have guessed, she was somewhat spiritual in her own way. When she did this, it was usually an offering of prayer or query to the spirits. In this case, she would give a small plead for Wintersbane. Nothing was known of him, but being the former alpha of the glaciers was enough to warrant her respect and desire of good fortune.

I am sure they are performing at their best. Though, they can only do so much. When the time comes that they can provide no more, he will rest within the paws of the spirits and they will judge his fate. Sincere words, if anything. Death was wished upon none and so, she would pray for his healing for as many days it took for either a full recovery or a painful passing.

The woman was slightly shocked as Issorartuyok asked about her former home. Sort of ironic, really. She had just spoken on such a topic with Lane. Would she be able to endure this a second time. Perhaps so, but detail would be kept light unless he were to prod further.

My former people were simple, kind, and wanted only good for their future. As for my folks.. well, my father didn't quite have the most positive intentions. My mother passed when I was young and I was left to what my father wished to teach. It was his plan to have me take over leadership of our clan, but I refused to torment my people ruling by the way of his laws. Hence, I left. Simple as that. Not in truth, no, but this man wouldn't know the difference unless she gave herself away. Hopefully she hadn't.
389 Posts
Ooc — Teo
We could maybe 'fade' this one out and have an updated one? ^^

Yes, the man’s fate was with the spirits and the strength of his own. Issorartuyok only knew how dear he was to the people of the village. For this alone, he hoped for a swift recovery and a return to his role. No matter the northerner’s own desires, Wintersbane had created the territory and had permitted Issorartuyok entrance to it under specific circumstances. He felt as though they’d shared an understanding, even a small one.

Issorartuyok nodded his head in agreement with the woman. He understood what she meant, and he agreed. Time would tell if Wintersbane would return to his post. If he could not, the northerner would continue to lead in his absence. The strength of the village would not be jeopardized.

Askari then went on to offer her past to him.

The story was a difficult one to hear. She had suffered a close loss in her early age. She had been left to deal with the harshness of her father – a man who should have supported and protected her in her mother’s absence. Issorartuyok looked to her somberly.

You will have new family here, Askari. The glacier will be good to you.
32 Posts
Ooc —
Issorartuyok seemed to sympathize for the tale of her past, which gave her somewhat of a boost in confidence. No matter how many hours she spent in her life ensuring that the memories stayed in the back of her mind, they always seemed to come back by some means or another. Of course, she didn't mind sharing tidbits when questioned, but it didn't release the pain in full.

The man's reassurance also helped to ease her concern. Grateful, Askari offered a small smile, nodding her head in thanks. It already has been. I am greatly looking forward to getting the chance to meet the others. So far, I've only met you, Lane, and Veteran.

This was the truth in every way. If the glaciers were to be her home, she wanted to be sure she knew all faces around her, whether she grew deep relationships with any or all.

Seems like a good place to do so, yes. This post will be my last, then.