Redsand Canyon I don't know the half of it anymore
my monsters are real; they're trained how to kill
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
As a healer, she did not want to consider shedding more blood than she saved… the thought of anyone going to bat for her like that caused a dilemma she could not solve in one night or with one conversation. It would no doubt reflect in her mind for the rest of the week, even if she knew that he had a point as well. Soldiers fought. It was part of what they did and they got to decide who they fought for.

She hummed softly, simply laying her head down at the statement. The more time that went between her settling in and the sighting of anyone meant to cause her harm, the calmer she would be but it would simply take time. She had gotten a lot off her chest, just as he had. She was relieved to know someone who she felt comfortable discussing these things with… and she was relieved that he was comfortable enough to talk to her about his own plights. “The things we do to survive don’t define us.” She stated, perhaps off topic, but drawing from both of their actions. The things they did to justify their own existence, be it in Mereo or elsewhere… well, it had brought them to each other, and she for one was grateful to have him in her life. "Will you spar with me again soon?" She asked more out of the spiraling realization that the harder she trained, the better apt she would be to dealing with a situation should it arise... and much like the Imperator, she trusted him to guide her and not do wrong by her.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
The things we do to survive don't define us. It was something he, honestly, needed to hear. In here, where it was safe to look inward with compassion, he could see the sad, angry child still within him. It would take a lot to heal that part of himself. 

Her question pulled him from his thoughts. He settled his gaze on her face. We can spar whenever you want, he promised her. He wanted her to feel safe and ready for anything that might happen. 

Aquene? he said after a moment. I—I really appreciate this. He drew in a deep breath. I have never talked about my past with anyone else. It was a relief to have someone else to help him process things. It was even better that he could return the favor.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She had both enjoyed and learned quite a bit from their previous spar… with every ounce of training, she improved and it was what she needed in that moment… she needed to learn new methods of survival, ones that did not rely on the risk of others. Even back home, her survival in fleeing had hinged upon her best friend’s help. She did hope Chenoa was okay, and that no harm had come to her. She had already been married, and her husband was kinder than some of the others, and so Aquene hoped that she was safe and protected.

She was pulled from her thoughts at the promise of a spar whenever she wanted, a weight lifting off her chest in that moment as she once more offered him a grateful smile. No doubt, she would take him up on that. Her head tilted to the side curiously though the medic said nothing as he called her name in question, explaining… and she smiled softly. “Anytime, Kallik.” She assured him softly. “It’s nice… it’s been so long since I’ve had a friend, one that I can talk to about things like this… I am glad you trust me enough to talk about these things. I know how hard it can be.” And likewise, she trusted him with this information as well.
Aquene speaks both русский язык and Common. She does not carry a Russian accent. Her knowledge of Russian is not common knowledge.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
You can talk to me about anything, he assured her. He wasn't even sure why it was so easy to give her that promise. It was not something he would offer anyone else. He normally hated talking about emotions and his past, but with her, it seemed so much easier. 

He yawned, suddenly very tired after everything they had discussed. Would it be alright to stay here tonight? he asked. He worried he would not sleep as well outside, by himself. In here with Aquene felt safer and more comfortable. He knew he would actually get decent sleep if she allowed him to stay. Of course if she was not okay with it, then he would leave and spend his night alone and awake as he normally did.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
He assured her once more that she could talk to him about anything and she offered a kind smile back to him, a silent ‘I know’ appearing on her features. It had been far too long since she had been able to trust someone with the promise of anything but it felt nice.

He yawned, and the question fell and she had to remind herself that they were friends. He was asking for the companionship because he had been through something traumatic. She had to keep those boundaries straight; her mind had let her cross them if only for a second at the initial question before she reigned herself back in, offering a nod. “Yes, of course.” She’d feel more comfortable knowing he wasn’t alone after the news she had told him about. It was a lot for anyone’s psyche, especially one who had already been through so much.

She herself didn’t want to be alone either. She was most nights, but she slept better around the presence of other wolves, of safe wolves. “Anytime you need, the tablinum is open.” It wasn’t uncommon for patients to sleep there, so what difference did it make if he was a friend, not there for patient reasons? She felt it was an offer that the Matrona and Imperator would not second guess. She was capable of staying professional. She laid her head down, close but not overly close to him because his presence was just comforting and she still couldn't quite place why.
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
He was relieved she wasn't going to kick him out into the cold canyon night, and he let that feeling show on his face. He didn't see a reason to keep it from her. 

She offered the tablinum to him in the future, and he nodded his thanks. 

Kallik watched her settled down close by, and then he did the same, only he rested his head on her shoulders unless she didn't allow it. Her scent would fill his nose every time he drew breath, and he knew it would contribute to an even calmer sleep for him. 

Plus, he was overcome with the need to keep her close, and he wasn't in the mood to really question it now.
Inuttuk
Common
660 Posts
Ooc — Tasha
Medic
Midwife
She could see the relief on his face, and it was palpable in the air as well. She settled down, feeling his head rest against her shoulders as her heart clenched lightly. She refused to let herself read into the action for the fear of the crippling rejection that she would be forced to face if he were to find out. They were friends; he had been through a lot and was seeking comfort… surely, that was all.

Her eyes closed, and his presence brought her to a quicker sleep, combined with the exhaustion that had come lately from trying to build up a comprehensive store of supplies in the dead of winter. It was not uncommon for her to sprawl out and pass out in a dreamless sleep. It simply went faster with him around, and she faded away.

Fade here or wrap with your next one? Crying at having to wait a whole week for another thread it's fine I'm not obsessed -sobs-
636 Posts
Ooc — hela
Guardian
omg i knowwww i'm sad they have no more threads until he gets back

He would drift into a dreamless sleep, the first one since the last time he spent the night in the tablinum with Aquene. 

He tended to take up maximum space when he slept, so they would likely wake up entangled with each other, something that would make heat rise in his stomach. It was a feeling he wouldn't quite understand at first, and he and Aquene would likely awkwardly depart the den for their own busy days.
Inuttuk
Common